“Excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ballyliffin
Newry, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Brilliant hotel!! I contacted Jo on reservations to book a room for News Years day last minute for my finance and i to come up and organise some wedding things. Jo was extremely helpful and polite and couldn't do enough for us. It was greatly appreciated! Thank you.

When we arrived As always our stay was relaxing and the staff were so pleasant. We arrived slightly earlier than normal check in time and they were happy enough for us to access our room. We can not wait to have our wedding here next year. :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JoDoherty, Customer Care at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Hannah, Thank you for your lovely review on our hotel. It was a pleasure looking after you during your stay here at the hotel last week and I hope you and your fiancé were able to relax and enjoy the wedding planning. We are delighted to be hosting your wedding next year and thank you for choosing our hotel. I can assure you that you won’t be disappointed. Best Wishes from all the team here at the lodge.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
derry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We satyed in the ballyliffen lodge at the beginning of january 2014....it was a very welcoming hotel, the staff were fantastic and the facilties were great..
Especially enjoyed antony and lisa in the bar..very friendly and made our stay very enjoyable...we are getting married here in october and hope staff like this will be present...i cant over exagerrate.
They.are fantastic

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank fiachra1
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your break here with us recently. Your comments on our staff are really appreciated and I will certainly be sharing with the ones you mentioned. We look forward to looking after you for your wedding in October which I can assure you will be a wonderful day. Best Regards from all the team.
Lifford, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here new years night. Bedroom was very dusty especially around lamps at side of bed. Had a cot brought in for baby this was very dirty looking! I brought along own sheet for it so when lifting the very thin mattress to put it on i found a used tube of calpol teething gel!! Which proved what i thought, that the cots are defiantly not washed down. Breakfast the next morning from 8-10 we were there at 9am, was disappointing fried eggs were hard as rocks and the rest was just ok. Swimming pool was excellent kids really enjoyed it, overall it was ok for money defiantly not what i was expecting & really disturbed by the find in cot!! :(

• Stayed January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JoDoherty, Customer Care at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay here with us. I am truly sorry to hear about your bedroom, this is certainly not the normal standards we have in our guest rooms as cleanliness is something we score very highly on in our Failte Ireland and AA audits. I have spoken to the Accommodation Manager and she will investigate how this could have happened with the housekeeper responsible for your bedroom. I will share your feedback with our team of managers which I can assure is taken very seriously. I am glad your children enjoyed their stay here with us. I would love the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the hotel again in the future to restore your faith in our hotel. Please contact me anytime if you would like to return, my email address is jo@ballyliffinlodge.com. Best Regards
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

What a beautiful location! Kids really thought they were in North Pole!! I paid €25 for an upgrade and was so glad I did as we met an old friend who said all the rooms were not as lovely as ours. The room itself was modern but quite small. That said we had lovely ocean view and couldn't hear a thing at night on only the first floor!
The Santa thingy was ok. The kids loved it and that was the main thing.
We spent some time in the pool- it was very kid friendly and the staff we're lovely. The changing rooms were a bit cold- but that is personal opinion.
Overall we had a fab visit. Thank you :-)

Room Tip: Upgrade for ocean view- we were in room 102. Lovely!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MK12345692
JoDoherty, Customer Care at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on your recent stay during Santa’s Lodge. Our superior rooms are well worth the upgrade for families with the fabulous views of pollen beach. I am delighted the children enjoyed the Santa’s Lodge show, it’s geared to entertain the children more so than adults but I appreciate your feedback. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and happy new year from all the team at the Lodge. Best Regards
bangor
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

stayed at hotel for santa lodge,All was great untill we went to our room for the night.noisey room sounded like rafters where coming in round us everytime wind blew...rang reception and said we could move but child was well in bed,said we would discuss at check out..went on untill 4am,so no sleep for hubby and me,when we spoke to reception at check out nothing was mentioned just wanted payed for food we had ordered..i had to ask if anything was in the system ref our phone call..And sure to our surprise they left no notes..when discussed with Joanne the manager on reception her reply was madam sorry but it was windy last nite and there is nothing we can do,well all i can say is your managers reply added insult to injury,had a great time up untill i spoke with joanne in reception her customer services skills need addressing and would think hard before staying here again...

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank magneill
JoDoherty, Customer Care at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent comments. I am very happy you enjoyed your Santa’s Lodge experience with us last week. Last Wednesday night was an extremely windy night here in Inishowen and the weather is something we cannot take control off. We received a call to reception around 9.30pm about the noise in your room and the receptionist offered to move you to another bedroom, I can appreciate your son was sleeping but a move with the help of our staff would of only taken a five or ten minutes, this offer was declined by yourselves. I am sorry if you thought the customer service you received was poor but in this case a solution was offered to the problem so I don’t believe we could have done anymore. It is disappointing to read that you would not consider returning again. I wish your family a Happy Christmas. Best Regards
Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

From we arrived we had wonderful time, staff were BRILLANT nothing was a bother to them sorted everything and when 1 of kids sick over bed no bother to get us new bed clothes. Food was great, room was clean and spacious even with 4 kids in, pool was good and santas lodge was great kids thoroughly enjoyed. Plan to return in summer to explore outside.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor, I am delighted with your five star rating on our hotel and it is great to hear you and your family had a brilliant stay here with us. We wish you all a very Happy Christmas and look forward to welcoming you all back again in the summer. Best Wishes from all the team.
NORTHERN IRELAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Yes i must say the cleanest hotel i have ever stayed in - and i would be very fussy - but the hotel was spotless, a pleasure to enter the bathroom and not have to clean anything...!
The resturant let the side down unfortunately, 2 meals were ordered, 2 arrived one was the wrong meal, the waitress said ashe had pressed the wrong button - so i was left eating my meal alone, when the second meal arrived it was not cooked, raw chips and under done fish.... Mmm not very happy.
The swimming pool was small, and make sure you have your ear plugs in for when the school children hit the pool, cannot hear your self think and you would have to stay in the jaquzzi part as the children take over the main pool... We left the pool not long after..
At the checkout process the receptionist did'nt really know how many night we had stayed and tried to overcharge me by €300...!! - i had to point this out, must to her dismay. we had to go thought every item and reprint the invoice 3 times until the correct price was displayed..
I dont think we will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, thank you for your recent review. It is a great compliment that this is the cleanest hotel you have stayed in, our housekeeping staff are fantastic and will be delighted with your comments. I am very sorry your meal was not up to the usual quality of food we serve here, it is not acceptable to have undercooked food and I will certainly address this with the chef. Apologies for the mix up on your bill on check out, we have changed our software recently, but I am glad we were able to resolve this issue. Best Wishes from all the team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyliffin
Ballyliffin Hotel
#2 of 4 in Ballyliffin
Shandon Hotel and Spa
Shandon Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Portnablagh

Been to Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!