“Can't wait for our Wedding now”

Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ballyliffin
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed here in Feburary prior to our Wedding in August at the hotel. We were given a room with a balcony with great views of Polan Beach. The food and service were fantastic. You can eat from the bar menu or restuarant menu. The breakfast was plentyful and great selection. Great peaceful location highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
JoDoherty, Customer Care at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your break with us recently. Your kind comments on our food and staff are very much appreciated as we strive to provide a high quality of service and food here at the lodge. We look forward to hosting your wedding here in August.

Kind Regards from all the team.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend have just come back from a 3 nighy stay (3rd night free offer) and we absolutely loved it!the hotel is in a very quiet little village but the scenery is amazing!

We upgraded to a superior room (202) and it was huge, definitely well worth the extra €50. Breakfast was gorgeous and food from the restaurant was amazing (could of ate the duck rolls all day everyday!).

Staff were very friendly, check in was very rushed as there was a wedding at the tike which wasnt the best 1st impression and earplugs were needed and supplied on the saturday (weddings on friday and saturday).

Finally, the spa is amazing, the girls were fantastic...so friendly and made me completely relaxed, will be back for a spa break...many thanks girls!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
JoDoherty, Customer Care at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your kind review on the Ballyliffin Lodge. I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently and that you enjoyed the beautiful scenery we have here in Ballyliffin. I am delighted with your comments on our food and staff; we strive to ensure we provide the best possible quality of food and service. I apologize if you felt your check in was rushed, we try to deliver the same level of service to each and every guest on arrival so I am sorry that this was not the same for you.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best Regards from all the team.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here same time last year and was so good we decided to return.

We were not disappointed .

It is clear that good service, friendly staff (throughout), good food, great facilities and comfortable clean rooms are the norm.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in this area.

I rarely find such friendly staff in hotels of any standard these days.Special mention to Colm for his excellent attention during breakfast ! This thank-you extends to all the staff in the hotel

Well done , see you again.

Room Tip: Be careful you book the correct hotel and do not get confused by similar names, ensure you book Ball...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bertiebelfast

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your recent review. I am delighted to hear you were not disappointed with your recent visit with us. Thank you for your special mention to Colm he is a fantastic asset to our team here at the Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Warmest Regards

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Have just returned from a two night stay with my husband in this delightful hotel. Second time we've stayed and looking forward to returning later in the year. Our bedroom had a balcony and although it wasn't weather for sitting outside it was lovely to admire the beautiful view over the beach & beyond. Worthwhile paying a little more for this. Room was very comfortable, only downside was that the heating went off quite early, so around 10 30 it felt quite chilly, just a small point. Breakfasts and dinner were fantastic, tasty and food was plentiful. Staff were marvellous, helpful & attentive especially Colum, always there at breakfast and Mari in the bar afternoons & dining room at night. We didn't have time to use the spa facilities but the swimming pool looks beautiful.

Room Tip: If not a balcony room definitely try to get a room at the front of hotel, just make sure that there...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barbsb20
JoDoherty, Custom at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on the Ballyliffin Lodge, I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay here at the Lodge and that you liked your bedroom; the balcony is such a bonus albeit a little sunshine would make it more enjoyable! I’m so pleased you found our staff helpful, especially Colm and Mari! We strive to achieve excellent customer service here at the lodge and I am happy to hear you experienced this during your stay. I am sorry to read that you found your room a little chilly after the heat went off; our reception team is on standby 24/7 to turn heat on outside of these hours on request. I will certainly be sharing your comments with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards from all the team.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Had a wonderful weekend at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel.
The whole weekend was amazing
The Staff are wonderful
The food excellant
absolutely fabulous will be back
The treatments were the best i have ever experienced
Sandra & Sharon

Room Tip: propbably rooms on south side Our room was excellant
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra K
JoDoherty, Customer Care at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Sandra & Sharon,
Thank you for your kind review on the Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa, it is fantastic to receive such positive feedback on our staff and food and to hear you will return is just wonderful. Our spa will be delighted to hear that the spa treatment were the best you experienced! We look forward to welcoming you both back In the near future and best wishes from all the team here at the lodge.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We recently visited the hotel with our two young children. Our time there can only be described as wonderful from start to finish.
The staff are so helpful and friendly, the food is good, the pool and spa are lovely and the children's play area is fantastic.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and look forward to visiting again very soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. I am delighted to read that your stay with your family was an enjoyable one. We aim to ensure the children are made feel at home here and the play area is a fantastic area for them to enjoy while mum and dad relax. Thank you for your kind comments on our food and staff which I will share with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,best wishes.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Two night stay at the hotel excelled all my expectations.

Never have I met staff more dedicated to ensuring the time spent here is a memorable experience.

Nothing was too much trouble as was the case when I asked for a change of room due to noise. .They didn't only change my room but upgraded me to a beautiful room with a seaview..

I thought the food was excellent value and the service was excellent. .I loved the restaurant managers sense of humour..when I told him I wanted to stay longer he offered me a job. .lol..

I was so impressed with my spa experience I had an extra treatment. .the dry floatation and massage I would highly recommend. Again I cannot say how dedicated and lovely the girls are.

• Stayed: February 2014
JoDoherty, Customer Care at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Many Thanks for your wonderful review; I am delighted to read that we excelled your expectations. We do pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our guests and try hard to stand out as a warm and well managed hotel where you can relax and know that we will look after things for you, no matter how small. I will ensure to pass on your kind comments to the team.
Your comments on our food are most welcome and I will certainly pass on your comments to the restaurant manager.
Many Thanks once again for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyliffin
Ballyliffin TownHouse
#1 of 4 in Buncrana
Shandon Hotel and Spa
Shandon Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Portnablagh

Been to Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!