We have just arrived back from a 3 night family break. The hotel itself is lovely, best location/view, overlooking Pollan bay. The staff were very friendly, helpful and really happy to help. We stayed during a mini heat wave and we were offered a fan which was promptly brought up, plugged in and turned on by a really helpful member of staff. The room was a good size, very clean and comfortable but there was no mini fridge or ironing facilities in the room. The breakfasts were delicious, we ordered pancakes most mornings. The restaurant was lovely, very tasty food. However, what spoilt the stay were 2 weddings that were on over our 3 night stay. I was informed when booking that one wedding would be on. But when I found out there was another wedding on the next evening I was not impressed. I brought this up with the reception staff, as I wanted to check out. They said as it was part of a 3 night package, I could not, but they kindly offered us a meal in the restaurant. It was very tasty, but I wish I had of checked out! I woke at 1.30am in the morning feeling like I was sleeping in the middle of the dance floor, even with ear plugs. I went down to complain, they told me it would not be over until 2am! I was told when checking out that it is common that weddings go on until 2 am! If they had made this very clear when I booked, I would not have bothered!
It's such a shame!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballyliffin Hotel Ballyliffin
- Ballyliffin Lodge And Spa Hotel
- Ballyliffin Donegal
- Ballyliffin Hotel Donegal
- Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel
- Ballyliffin Spa Hotel
- Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel County Donegal