“Not Even Near the Playa!”
Review of Paradise Inn

Paradise Inn
Seattle, Washington
“Not Even Near the Playa!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

First I have to say that I ended up not staying here, because even though it is listed at the Playa(beach), it is about 10 kilometers away!
I thought there was a new place to stay on the playa when I saw the listing here on Tripadvisor. I was sorely disappointed when I followed the signs and ended up all the way up into Las Lajas village. The place looked decent enough, but if you are expecting a beach resort/B&B, it had already defeated the purpose of my stay.

I stayed down on the playa instead....and was quite happy!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mblam7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dortmund, Germany
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I can only share unforgetable great moments at Paradise Inn. I read some reviews about it, before I decided to come down here, for example the negative comments about the distance to the ocean. For me the distance was a pleasure, because I rode with one of the bicycles Paradise Inn is renting almost frequently to the beach and stopped inbetween to see more of the village and the panamanian life.
The restaurant of Paradise Inn was the daily highlight specially the dinner in the evening with international cuisine of Helena. Whatever I wanted, SHE GOT IT. And she speaks 6 languages fluently, so comunicating about whatsoever was NO PROBLEMA.
I will defenatly come back to these folks. I'll give this place 5 stars.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ak5609
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I booked this place because I thought it was 10 minutes walk from the beach. And one of their photos is of sunset on the beach. Turns out the photo is from a real estate ad. It's also a 20 minute drive or so to the beach.

The double cabaña was nice and big and very nice. However, from the bed when we looked up it was filthy. The shower head fell off. They have a/c, but no hot water.

We called and made it clear that we were a family and he quoted one price. When we got there, he showed us a room with one double bed. Can't see how we would fit there. Then showed us another double cabana, but it was more than he quoted. We stayed anyhow for two nights, it has a nice pool. Food is pretty reasonable, but not the prices quoted over the phone.

Staff was never the same, and only one smiley server. The other ones you had to ask for everything: salt, ketchup, etc.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Julie S
Berlin
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I spent 3 days with my wife at the Paradise Inn, mostly hanging around the pool. Everything was clean and the personell very friendly and attentive. The highlight was the fresh grilled fish prepared by the owner himself.
The hotel can be easily reached from the Interamericana and can be strongly recommended to those who want to have a break from travelling through the country.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smithers07
Panamakalle, Manager at Paradise Inn, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The entire team of the Paradise Inn would like to thank you that you were our guests. Also, we enjoyed it, to spoil you.
We are constantly working on the quality of our hotel, so we will exceed your expectations in the future. The whole team is looking forward to when we can warmly welcome you again. The changes we seek will make your future leisure trip even more enjoyable.
Sincerely, Dr.Karsten Pokall / Director
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 May 2013

It is not exactly on the beach, but for $25 I was extremely happy. And everything, I mean everything was clean, peaceful. There are bungalows and more expensive rooms, but I am on a budget and for $25 a night, you can´t beat what I got.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank felicef629
Panamakalle, Geschäftsführer at Paradise Inn, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Sincerely, Karsten Pokall / Director
Sneek, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 March 2013

When we arrived at Paradise Inn, there was extremely loud music in the restaurant. The women and boy working there were very rude. They didn't know a thing about our reservation and it seemed almost too much trouble to check it. Finally they gave us a price for a cabin, but this was much higher than we arranged in the email. Luckily I printed the email so I could prove what we had arranged. This personnel only spoke Spanish.

Our cabin was nothing special. It was not spot clean and there was some fixing needed in the bathroom. Furthermore the swimming pool wasn't clean either. The place looked nice though with all the tropical trees and plants.

The owner was friendly and cooked us a great meal. We didn't like it that he kept a monkey on a cord in the restaurant. The monkey could only go one meter or so each way...As the owner is German, he should know better about animals rights....

We went to the beach on New Years Day. It was a nice experience, because we seemed the only tourists between the Panamanians. But the beach is not really special so you could easily skip this place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Casa Laguna
Casa Laguna
#2 of 6 in Playa Las Lajas
Hospedaje y Restaurante Refugio Tropical las Lajas
Hospedaje y Restaurante Refugio ...
#3 of 3 in Playa Las Lajas

Been to Paradise Inn? Share your experiences!