“love the food..”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballymahon
Killarney, Ireland
“love the food..”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have eaten in this hotel numerous times with my family, the food is excellent and the staff are very friendly and cater well for children I would recommend the Caesar salad.. it is huge and brilliant value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ruthiechad,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your dining experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Michael Cooney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 22 November 2013

very nice staff all round and the owners are the nicest and most accommodating people you could ask for, good food and served fresh and hot, and all students have excellent remarks. For myself booking the accommodation for the running of courses, excellent value for money and all students attending my course have excellent feedback regarding the premises, overall top class facility, Michael

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Mcardlemichael
Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review.

Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I recently spent the evening at Cooney's in Ballymahon and upon my arrival wondered what I had got myself into. The outside of the Hotel/Pub was not an indication of the quality of service that I would receive inside. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The food was cooked to perfection and served hot. Breakfast was include with my room and there was a lot of choice, again served quickly and hot!
My room was clean and large with two beds. Although there were not a lot of channels available on the TV, I managed to get through the evening on a comfy bed.
Although my stay was short, if ever I get back to Ballymahon I would stay here and I recommend it for anyone passing thru the area

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Ken P
Dear Ken P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. Thank you for recommending us.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This hotel is ran by Michael and Josie and their family. It's a lovely hotel in the Irish Midlands. I recently had a post wedding bash there and the food and service was excellent. Even if your just popping in for a quick bite or a drink the food and service is really great. It's also very reasonable. The steak is yummy and the chips are the real deal, they are cooked in dripping. Excellent for grub and they are very accommodating and thoughtful. Lovely! Highly recommended.

4 Thank eilishg
Dear Eilish,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for recommending us.

Hamilton, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Room was very comfortable and spacious. Evening dinner was good value and delicious. Staff were friendly and very helpful with information on how to reach our next destination. Our only disappointment was the Wifi was not available throughout the building, only in certain areas. I believe there was a fault and to be fair staff did make a chair available in the corridor where the Wifi was working.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Annette M
Dear Annette M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review. We are delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us. Since your visit we have fixed the wifi issue and it is now available throughout the hotel.

Pettigo, Ireland
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I travel regularly between Donegal and Tipperary and stop here all the time. It serves excellent food and the staff are wonderful. My recomendation to all hungry travelers is to try the roast Beef. My daughter complains when she goes somewhere else that they can't cook beef properly(because the beef here is top notch). Having stopped here now on trips for years I have always been served great food and always return.

3 Thank Meg b
Dear Meg B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review.

Thank you for the recommending us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Dublin
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I attended a clan gathering and stayed in Cooneys for the weekend with my family. I really could not find fault with any aspect from accommodation, food and staff friendliness. I had 4 young people with me who attended the night club and they had a wonderful time.There was live entertainment in the bar for the more mature clientele such as myself. My siblings and their children also stayed for the weekend and found it to be without fault. A thoroughly enjoyable stay and would definitely return when in the area. Well done to the owners and staff.

Room Tip: Once you are aware that there is a night club, and what is inevitable as a result, you will have abs...