“Fine dining at Carlito's”
Review of Carlito's

Carlito's
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Dunleer
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fine dining at Carlito's”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

A very enjoyable meal at Carlito's on May bank holiday Sunday evening, excellent food and service. Four family members and myself had a lovely evening and I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Brendan H

“Fast becoming our favourite restaurant”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Been to Carlitos twice in the past month and food and service have been excellent. Staff are very friendly and attentive. Quality of food is excellent and would highly recommend the fillet steak. The setting / lighting makes for a brilliant atmosphere. Newly priced menu is value for money however there are a few dishes that are still slightly over priced. Looking forward to going back

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Barney20000
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We called in on the way home from Dublin with no reservation and with 3 kids. We ordered and were promptly seated, pizzas for the kids and pasta dishes for ourselves.
Good service , good food , what more could we ask for.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Gerard B
Ireland
“Excellent Italian Affair”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I have been going to Carlitos repeatedly over the last ten years and it is still my one of my favourite restaurants.

Although I do agree with one of the other reviews that the menu doesn't seem to change much, the food is really good quality so why fix it if not broken. They do some great pastas and pizzas but also steaks and other "normal" foods if Italian is not to your liking

It is a nice cozy restuarant with a lovely atmosphere and the staff really look after you from the moment you walk through the door.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Redchariot
Kildare, Ireland
“Pizza? Yes, but the rest is poor.”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I haven’t eaten in Carlitos in many, many years but someone mentioned it in conversation one day so I decided to return and see if it was still how I remembered. Unfortunately, this was not the case. I remembered a very cosy and amiable restaurant with good food and an abundance of charm and even though the staff are still quite friendly and welcoming, the charm of the restaurant has really taken a blow, the last thing I expected from a charming Italian restaurant was to hear pop music playing quite loudly in the background.

The atmosphere as you walk in the door is instantly friendly, someone greeted us and asked us to take a seat in the lounge/waiting area and provided us with menus and drinks. We ordered and waited another minute or so to be seated and as soon as we were seated and comfortable, our starter arrived almost immediately. I ordered the Mozzarella melt, which we decided to share. The waitress could see that we were going to share and got a second plate for us immediately. Even though I am aware of the type of cheese mozzarella is, this was incredibly chewy, difficult to eat almost. The chutney which accompanied it was just average. The staff were attentive at all times and the food was quick to be served. As more people began to arrive, the way in which people were seated was great, as everybody was scattered, there was no-one sitting on top of each other, which is always nice if you are trying to have a nice relaxing dinner with your partner/family.

For mains, I had the Fettuccine Carbonara and my partner had the Pizza Pollo. The pizza was very nice; it had plenty of flavour and toppings. My pasta on the other hand was very bland and unappetising. I purposely did not choose a chicken or beef dish due to the cost (approximately 15-18 for beef, chicken or fish). Although, my pasta cost approximately 10/11 euro and this was definitely not worth it as I left half of the pasta behind.

I then ordered the fruit crumble. This is not a ‘traditional’ crumble so beware. It is served in a large martini glass with a small scoop of ice cream at the very bottom, shed loads of cream and some berries with honeyed crumble on top. It was very disappointing. My partner and I took a few pieces of fruit and left the rest behind. We explained to the waitress that this is not what we expected (as there are no descriptions of dishes on the menu), she did offer us an alternative, we declined but as we barely touched this I was quite surprised that it was still added to our bill. If this wasn’t added to our bill, I may have considered giving this restaurant a second chance but very little chance of returning to Carlitos any time soon.

All in all, the staff are friendly, the pizza was quite nice so the take-away option may be a better idea but the restaurant itself, including decor, music and ambience is overall disappointing.

• Visited September 2012