“CARLITOS IS STILL MY FAVOURITE RESTAURANT” 5 of 5 bubbles

Carlito's
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Dunleer
Cuisines: Italian, European, Irish, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dundalk, Co. Louth
“CARLITOS IS STILL MY FAVOURITE RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We just love returning to Carlitos. Declan, Carmel, Kathleen and all the staff are always so friendly, efficient and helpful it makes the visit so unique. The food was as always just fabulous. I had lasagne and it tastes better than any other restaurant I have ever had it in. The Tiramisu is the best I have ever tasted. We all enjoyed our meal in Carlitos last week. Venue is elegantly decorated and comfortable. Food the best ever, staff and management know their business and were very accommodating to us as we had not booked. Nothing is to much trouble while dining there. We will be back. Fabulous night and food. Great customer service. Well done to all in Carlitos.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank 007Dundalk_Co_Louth

Dublin, Ireland
“Overpriced & average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Brought the family out for a celebratory meal and was looking forward to it based on good reviews. I asked waitress about wine and items on menu and she had to ask the boss for the answer so was not prepared for the day ahead. Menu was quite 'tired' & I got the feeling that it hasn't changed much over the years. I was very surprised that there were no vegetables on the menu, choice seemed to be chips or mashed potatoes. The food was cooked nicely and the staff friendly. I was astounded at some of the pricing which seemed on par with high quality restaurants. The bill presented at the end was wrong €9 overcharged. It was reduced by €7 after I pointed out mistake and I couldn't be bothered pointing out the additional €2 shortfall. I don't think that this was deliberate but it does show that attention to detail is not there.

All in all, I was disappointed and won't be going back.

1 Thank Serial-Diner
“Great night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Many thanks to Declen, Carmel and staff for providing nine of us with a terrific night out last Friday . Beautiful place, terrific food and service and a lovely Christmas atmosphere , we had a ball and would highly recommend Carlitos to anyone seeking a charming and satisfying night out, treat yourself to Carlitos , you deserve to be spoilt occasionally. 5 stars

1 Thank Graceland67
Drogheda
“My Favourite Local Eatery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

One of the few silver linings in the dark cloud of Ireland's economic woes is that Carlito's now does a recession buster deal of 3 courses for €20. My particular favourite is the black pudding starter. My wife always orders the chicken wings - when she commented on how much she loved the sauce the owner gave her a free bottle to take home!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank therealnickpark
Drogheda
“Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

We turned up at carlito's we had not booked the staff where very nice and assured us it would not be a problem getting a table we where put seating in the waiting area and handed the menus and asked if we would like to order a drink, we where only waiting about ten minutes before we where seated at our table the food was really good and excellent value €20 for three course which had a great variety and no problem getting anything extra, the only downside was the waitress brought out my coffee but forgot the dessert when we eventually got her attention she was very apologetic and quickly came with the dessert and a fresh coffee so overall lovely night and great value well worth a visit

• Visited September 2013