“Midweek stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Enfield
Dublin, Ireland
“Midweek stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here for two nights with an online deal we managed to find.

On arrival check in was quick and efficient and as we tried to locate the voucher details on my phone we were told not to fret and we could email it down in our own time!

We had a meal in the coach house included, which left little to the imagination and was not the level we expected.

The second day we were there we had booked into the spa, and I have to say this is A MUST if you come to stay here. The therapists are friendly and very professional and extremely helpful. We managed to get two treatments which in total lasted about 2 and a half hours and we had full access to thermal suites and relaxation rooms. This really was a fantastic experience!

The pool was also a wonderful touch, and did not appear to be overly burdened with gym goers at any stage, outdoor jacuzzi was also a nice touch.

We had a really very tasty meal the same night, and out sever Florin was really great. Fantastic attitude, very friendly and attentive even though he was the only one there and there were several tables occupied.

Also a note regarding earlier that morning, we did not need our rooms serviced however the accommodation staff were kind enough to leave us extra towels and shower gels etc outside our door without disturbing us, as requested! This was extremely thoughtful!

All I all it was a very enjoyable experience, there are something's that could do with being updated in the room but it most certainly was value for money.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your kind comments in relation to your recent visits at the Johnstown House Hotel and Spa.

I will gladly pass on your feedback to everyone, especially to Florin who indeed is a credit to our team.

We hope to welcome you back to us in the near future!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

To all the staff at the hotel,

Myself and my best friend stayed at your hotel last night on a living social deal. We had overnight b and b and a meal. When we arrived at the hotel we got a beautiful complimentary room upgrade.
We spent time in the afternoon in the leisure centre and it was beautiful. We had dinner in the coach bar and the food was delicious, cooked perfectly and the service was wonderful without overbearing. ]

Our suite was well furnished, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was lovely.
Thank you to all the staff in the hotel. I've worked here before babysitting for weddings but it was my first time here staying without working. I will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for such a positive comments about your recent visit at the Johnstown House Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future!

ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Was here on a conference . Lovely room and it great to have a separate shower.

Food was well catered . Quick service

Check in and check put was very smooth .

Some of my colleagues did recommend the spa and the pool .

Only negative point was finding the hotel no clears signs off the motorway

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jacqueline D
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in relation to your recent visit at Johnstown House Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind regards,
Carlow, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed here for a wedding in November 2013. The hotel is very nice and luxurious. The lobby area is a decent size but sparsely furnished. There is an enormous amount of parking available. Check-in was fast, friendly and efficient. It has two good lifts to bring you to its 1st and 2nd floors. There is also a very nice stairs. Some of the corridors are very long and the one we were on had a pair of double fire doors that were very difficult to get through with luggage. They were way too close together. Our room was large and clean and had coffee making facilities. It also had a bath and a shower cubicle. It had cable internet and also wifi, which though free was complicated and I had to keep choosing which SSID to log on to. Beds were large and comfortable and room had a comfortable temperature. There was also a safe, iron, ironing board and hair-dryer and TV. Room had lots of power-points and good lighting.

Breakfast was of the self-service type and was very good. Breakfast tables were too small, and e.g. you had to get rid of cereal bowels before getting next course. There was certainly no opportunity to read a newspaper. The breakfast area was lovely and bright and overall I would find no fault if the tables were a little bigger.

Now it is time for my (and nearly everybody I spoke to) biggest gripe, the prices in the bar were way too expensive and then some. The price of a pint of Guinness was more than 30% dearer than my local pubs. I accept that hotels charge more, but 30% more is WAY over the top. People drinking other drinks had the same complaints. Tip: bring a hip-flask.

Other than drink prices I would stay there again, but you would certainly need a car to get around.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel very nice and luxurious.

Your comments in relation to our beverage prices are going to be reviewed in the New Year’s menu change.

Kind regards,
Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We love this hotel, we got married here in October and everything was perfect. Rooms are lovely, food is lovely and the spa is fab and the staff are so helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a nice hotel for any reason.

• Stayed October 2013
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Johnstown House Hotel and Spa as your wedding venue. Your kind words are much appreciated. I will gladly pass them on to our team.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your day and found the facilities, food and staff being excellent.

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Both myself and partner were really looking forward to this break for just one night. Upon arrival ( initially) all was fine until we announced we had a voucher from an Internet promotion. The reception staff members attitude changed straight away !!!
I thought the whole idea of the promotion is to encourage customers back ??
However !
The room was lovely , the bathroom same ;)
We then went to the coach house bar for a drink .
A stage coach almost arrived before we got served at the bar !!
No service for 10 minutes .
It seemed , there was no system to serving anyone .
I waited with 4 others , while staff ran in and out of the bar to do what ?????
Because all the customers were all at the bar ! True !!!!
We then left after 1 drink to go to the restaurant .
We really should have checked out if we knew what was coming :(
20 minutes waiting to give an order , with only 7 tables (already having ordered) being served !!!!!!!!!!
We eventually gave our order and received our little COLD roll and butter, with the starter !!!!
The main then HAPPENS !!!!!!
Two medium steaks with side orders etc . Easy !!!!!
Not a chance
One was served medium ( perfect , I must say )
The other you could have souled an old shoe with !!!!! Fact . The sides arrived well after the mains :(
We left this 4* restaurant ASAP . We had two drinks in the now serving bar and left !!!!!
Went to the room to get over this sad experience !!!!!!
Capital D for DISASTER
Never again !!!!!!!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback.

I was most disappointed to learn about the shortcomings in standard that you have experience while staying with us. Your comments are going to be addressed to the relevant heads of department to put an immediate action plan in place to prevent of recurrent of similar situations.

Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed with a group of friends for a spa girlie weekend. We had a great time. Place has deteriorated the last year.

Rooms: beds comphy, bathroom great and shower fab, only thing was that the room was too hot and the heating couldn't be turned down. There was a wedding on and they were very noisy throughout the whole night!

Spa: fantastic, treatments amazing!

Food: Lunch in bar wasn't the best. Slow and not good value. Toasted sandwich burned and had to be sent back and the nachos were €7 of a
Bag of stale chips.

Dinner: was included, had a lovely private room. Food was lovely BUT
Service was appalling! 30 mins to
Order wine, had to ask twice to order food. Dinner took over 3.5 hours

Check out: was slow also and girls didn't care. 12pm on the dot housekeeping enter the room and say check out time. Never in all my hotel staying have I been interrupted / intruded upon bang on checkout time.
Also it was a Sunday.

After all that. I would recommend as spa is worth it.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback in relation to your recent visit at Johnstown House Hotel. I deeply regret that not all the areas met with your expectations on this occasion. Let me assure you that all points brought to my attention are going to be addressed here at the hotel.

I hope you will revisit us in the future and give us an opportunity to restore your faith in our product.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Moyvalley Hotel & Golf Resort
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
Hamlet Court Hotel
Hamlet Court Hotel
#1 of 2 in Enfield
Trim Castle Hotel
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure

Been to The Johnstown Estate Hotel? Share your experiences!