“Beautiful hotel and amazing staff”

The Johnstown Estate Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed in Johnstown House with family and was so impressed by the hotel. From the moment we arrived at the reception the staff were so friendly and helpful. They changed my room without question as there was a smell of cigarette smoke in the first one I was given. My room was very comfortable and spotless clean. The staff then organised for 29 of us to dine with them at very late notice in a private room that was set up beautifully for us. The two staff members serving us were so helpful and a pleasure to deal with. The food was also delicious. Breakfast the following morning was lovely. We also paid a visit to the pool which was great. Changing areas were spotless clean as was the pool area. Highly recommend this hotel. We will be back again.

Room Tip: Request a non smoking room if you do not smoke. The first room I was given had a strong smell of sta...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Saraizi
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback regarding your recent stay at Johnstown House Hotel and Spa.

It is a pleasure to read your review, your comments are a complete compliment to all of the team here at Johnstown House.

It is a delight to hear you and your family were so well catered for. Guest satisfaction is our priority and it was a pleasure looking after you during your stay,

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,367)

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Was staying there with my family. It was a 15th years aniversary. Our room was upgraded to the suite and plate with a stawberrie was very nice addition. I stayed there a few years ago and was very disappointed by food but this time food was very impressive. Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Rooms need a bit of update, but this is to attention to management. In total was very pleasant stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to hear you had a nice stay with us recently and enjoyed celebrating such a lovely family event with us.
It is a compliment to all of us at Johnstown House to be given the opportunity to help you and your family make this occasion special for you all.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Ok this is a review of two halves. First of all the staff are top notch, very friendly and accommodating. The bar, restaurant and reception areas are very nice. Outside lovely manicured grounds, perfect for a walk. Breakfast was very good with a lovely choice of items. Food in the Bar was also good However the rooms are a let down. The corridors to the rooms are dull dirty lights not working. Holes from cleaning carts in walls and doors. Units in room belong in a travelodge. Knobs in units loose/broken. Old CRT TV that is un watchable everything had a tinge of green. The pool area was also a let down. I was looking forward to the Canadian hot tub but it turned out to be a jacuzzi for two outside. Pool was full of an u12 football team staying at the hotel which was not conducive to a relaxing time. And out of the 36 lights above the pool only lees than half were working. To sum it up I felt the hotel is lacking in investment to keep it up to date and there are lots of maintenance issues which is a shame as it's a lovely spot with good people.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank 125markd
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

It is a pleasure to learn you were catered for so well by all of our staff, your kind comments will certainly be passed on.

I am sorry to hear however you were dissapointed with your stay it is most definately not how we would wish for any guest to feel leaving us. Each of your points will be highlighted and I thank you sincerely for your feedback.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just back from a one night stay at this hotel on a breakfast and dinner package.
Staff were friendly and we received a nice welcome. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived and we were told it would be a 30minute wait. After 1hour of waiting in the lobby I went to check if our room was ready and I was told that they had forgot about us waiting but our room was ready.
The room itself and bathroom were nice and clean but I felt they don't reflect the money you pay for the stay, and with NO AIR CON in the room and a old/poor quality tv they need to be updated.
The most disappointing part was the "spa". If you wish to come here for a nice spa break this isn't the hotel to stay in. Its more like a leisure centre.The pool was full of parents and children swimming and with no beds or chairs to relax on this made it impossible. This was the most disappointing element.
Dinner and breakfast were but nice and the service was good up until the point were I asked for the bill after dinner. As it was part for a birthday present for my boyfriend I had asked for the bill. When the waiter arrived with the bill to our table to gave the bill to my boyfriend and then continued to explain all the charges to him. This really annoyed me as I had asked for the bill and I was paying for the meal.

7  Thank Lisa R

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback regarding your visit to Johnstown House Hotel and Spa.

I am pleased to learn you were looked after by our friendly and welcoming staff however I am sorry to hear of the shortcomings during your stay.

I do thank you for your feedback and all of your comments will be highlighted with the relevant department.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hi guys this weekend took us to Enfield were we were attending a friends wedding which was taking place in The Hamlet Court Hotel also in Enfield.At they were booked out we decided we would try the gourmet weekend break in The Johnstown House Hotel and Spa. We arrived on the Friday evening to very a very warm welcome to the hotel our paperwork was all in order I just needed to sign and we were straight up to our room. Very nice delux double. It was a very warm evening sticky and I was a bit taken back that there was no air con in the room. It was very uncomfortable when getting ready to go out. we had booked a table in the restaurant for 8.30 again very warm welcome by the manager and brought to a very nice table for two. We were having the set menu which was short on choice but what we choose was very good indeed. piping hot very well presented and tasted great. But the menu might not have suited all we were lucky.So a nice start to our weekend and we were looking forward to the wedding the next day. There was a wedding also taking place in the hotel on Friday night the reception had assured me that she was putting us in a room that would quiet and also the third floor. well folks from 5.30 am until 8.am there was a group of young men just banging every door on the corridor. It was a situation that I could not go out side to confront them as they were very drunk and it was also a situation the hotel porter could not deal with despite his best efforts. So for a first night in a place that was sold as tranquil was very much a let down. I can understand the hotel porter finding himself on his own and worse may have happened. But it spoilt her time as we were tired getting up to go to our friends wedding the next day. And I was disappointed the hotel did not contact me to ask how much we were affected. I did not mention this until I departed on the Sunday and let them know of our disquiet. Well telling me that we will take care of us next time did not wash and I did not make more of it. I did expect the manager to maybe have a word with us but this did not happen. So if you are staying maybe check if there is a wedding and asked to be upgraded to a suite??? We were left wondering. And Guys no Wi Fi in the rooms I am sorry in this day and age everyroom should have WiFi I really don't understand this also if you are O2 there is no reception or connections.

1  Thank George M
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback regarding your recent stay at Johnstown House Hotel and Spa.

I am sorry to hear of your short comings during your stay.
Firstly regarding your upset made by other guests in the hotel, I can assure you once the staff on duty are made aware of any noise disturbance they certainly do their best to see to it immediately to avoid any further disruption to other guests of the hotel.

We have just recently upgraded to WIFI across the entire hotel including the bedrooms, it is a dissapointment to learn you could not connect to this as it is a complimentary service.

Once again I am sorry to hear of your short comings while staying with us as it certainly is not how we would like any guest to feel departing the hotel.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I are just back from a great spa package break. We had a lovely time, friendly staff, lovely meal and a great spa experience. I had both spa treatments, facial and massage. We didn't use the pool, but found the whole stay very enjoyable. Some decor was a little tired, but overall lovely, clean and welcoming. There was a wedding in the hotel on our second night, but no disruption or noise at night. Breakfasts were lovely. Our package was great value for money and we will return!

1  Thank fluffyduck30

Dear Reviewer,

Your review compliments a relaxing experience, just as we would expect all of our guests to experience whilst staying with us on a Spa break.

It is a pleasure to hear you were well looked after by our friendly staff throughout your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

To start i only arrived 10 minutes and the sence was set. i queued up to checkin at 2.53 to be precise only to be told by a rude receptionist that check in was at 3.00 while she pointed at the sign. i then asked her did she want me to come back in 7 minutes and she replied checkin is at three even though other people were checking in around me. i quened up again at three only to be told the room is not ready then again at 3.20 and again at 3.40. they were not all apologetic and then when we booked a room we then got a self catering appartment we did not book. Then i was sent the long way around to the appartment only to arrive to a musty smelly room .long story short we got them to move hotels for us as it was not what we booked and was misleading i did not book a self catering apartment on the interent . wouldnt recommend hotel gone down hill seat riped in bar not impressed.

Room Tip: just don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank grainne m

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel and Spa.

I am sorry to hear of your short comings during your visit.

Having looked into the reservation, this was made online for a residence twin to cater for up to four adults.
Our residence as stated online are direcly behind the hotel within walking distance by two corridors from the hotel or they also have individual parking spaces which allows you to park directly at the front door of each.

I am sorry to learn you were dissapointed with what had been reserved online prior to your arrival and I thank you sincerely for your feedback.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
#2 of 2 in Enfield
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne

Been to The Johnstown Estate Hotel? Share your experiences!