“Lovely Rooms”

CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gormanston
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stopped off for a night as we were visiting a friend in Drogheda before heading down to Cork... Rooms were excellent and very clean. Check in was quick and efficient with friendly staff. Breakfast was nice and staff were quick to seat and serve us. I would definatly use this hotel again and would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lontrick
CityNorth, Director of Sales at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hello lontrick,

It was great to read your positive comments and thank-you for sharing them with us.

We are a popular stop for people visiting Drogheda and I am happy to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our staff friendly.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here last night for a relaxing night away but unfortunately left this morning more stressed and tired then when we arrived.The guests of the rooms all around us where up partying very loudly all night slamming doors shouting and laughing in the halls goin from room to room for hours.We understand that the hotel can't be held solely responsible for the lack of consideration some guest have for others,but after a certain number of hours you begin to wonder how the staff was not aware of all the noise and commotion at that hour of the morning.And we can't understand why just as we where drifting off(at half six!) we where woken again by a call from reception asking if we required a newspaper for the morning ?! We have regularly been coming to the city north and usually enjoy, sadly last night's partying was a bit to much for us to return.

• Stayed: March 2014
CityNorth, Director of Sales at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Hello Jes36,

Thank-you for taking the time to review the hotel.

I am so sorry to learn that you did not have a relaxing time whilst you were here with us.

Unfortunately, we did have some guests staying in your vicinity who were unruly and did not care too much for others. We did try and control them as much as we could, but it was not always possible and this resulted in the excess noise.

If you do decide to return, please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would be only too delighted to arrange an overnight stay for you.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Great location. Nice spacious bedrooms. Shuttle service to the airport helps a lot as the hotel. More of a business hotel but overall pretty good. Well looked after. Will be back. Thanks to all the staff who looked after us.

• Stayed: February 2014

Hello,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back to CityNorth Hotel soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here on our way out for a week end break from Dublin Airport. Hotel staff transferred to the airport and were waiting to bring us back on our return. The hotel is comfortable, clean and staff extremely helpful and very good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hello CDevane,

Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing some positive comments. We are a popular stop with people using Dublin Airport and I am glad to learn of your enjoyable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I travel a lot and don't really give reviews although I use them sometimes to book hotels. I stayed for three nights last week for a second time at The CityNorth Hotel, and whilst last time I was impressed this stay was superb. From the initial collection from the airport, check in and dinner all the staff were friendly (not plastic friendly but real), I had a couple of requests (needing to find a particular place I needed to go suddenly - the manager Mr Crawford told me he was free and would run me there then waited nearly an hour whilst I told him I should be 10 minutes) which were dealt with easily, good food, immediate and easy fast internet connection (might sound trivial but important to me), and a general feeling of being welcomed, I will make this hotel my first choice in Dublin in future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello David A,

Many thanks for your kind review. We take great pride in our staff and I am glad to read that you were equally impressed with them as we are delighted to have them!

I will pass on your comments to Mr Crawford and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Part of my job takes me around the UK and Ireland planning sports seminars and one trip to City North Hotel has me hooked!! We had tried other places in Dublin, but parking or access from the airport were always a problem - these do not exist here. Easy to find off the M1 motorway and not too far from Dublin Airport made our conference a huge success. Ample car parking and conference space, we had around 80 delegates and the room we used (white wood?) was ideal. Modern equipment and wi-fi which was FREE helped and a young man called Darren was a great help. Bedrooms were fine, food and service in bar efficient. Early takeaway breakfast arranged as was an early shuttle back to airport (I think it's 24 hours anyway) thanks City North and see you again in November!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
CityNorth, Director of Sales at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Hello Travelling Footy Fan,

It was great to welcome your conference to CityNorth Hotel and many thanks for taking the time to post positive comments.

We see regular conferences here at the hotel due to our location, access and facilities and we look forward to welcoming you back in November.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Was a real let down, was surprised by cold greeting when I arrived, looked around foyer and it looked beautiful and completely lacked atmosphere & then cold staff its a real no no when you enter hotel.

Room was small for a family room we had only one child but if you had a few would have been really tight. sink in bathroom hadn't all tooth paste cleaned off from side from previous people and it also wasn't cleaned on send day as we stayed two nights, bare minimum of cleaning looked ok till you took a closer look.

Food in bar first night, muscles were like rubber but sharing platter was tasty, again no atmosphere in bar.

went to water park next day near by in droheda asked lady at reception for direction she was so flippant yes its easy for her to find as she is from there but we were lost but found an easier way and dodged the tolls, always a plus.

after water park to tired to go out for dinner so just ate in bar again, my roast beef dinner satisfactory that's all, lamb kofta burger my partner got was dry and chips tastedhalf cook, child carbonara was quite tasty.

For a four star I expect more, if staff were a bit friendlier it would have added a lot.

oh and I wont forget breakfast, buffet was terrible, cold and choice of cereal was terrible for children which it shouldn't be during midterm break and also the two mornings no plates left for getting buffet. and floor was filthy in dining area.

Real let down, only staff who stood out was a lad in bar with blonde har nice to see a friendly smile & as a plus it has loads of parking would be ok for staying at for bad flight times to and from airport that's about all.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hello Aoife O,

Many thanks for taking the time to submit a review on Trip Advisor.

I do apologise that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We regularly receive lots of positive feedback regarding our staff and food, but it seems like this time failed to meet our high standards. We take pride in our 4-star status and this is regularly monitored so standards are maintained.

The points regarding your review will be brought up at our internal meetings here where all feedback is welcome.

Next time you are in the area, please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would be only too delighted to welcome you to CityNorth Hotel.

Andy Greenslade - Sales & Marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gormanston
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Bracken Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Balbriggan
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!