“Impeccable Service. Not Your Usual Kind of Review.”

CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gormanston
Dublin, Ireland
“Impeccable Service. Not Your Usual Kind of Review.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Why unusual? I was not a guest at this hotel but was able to make use of their shuttle service which is reserved to hotel guests between Dublin airport and hotel. I realised I will be staying within a 10 minute vicinity of the hotel in Silverstream, Stamullen so I emailed hotel management and requested if I could request the shuttle bus to come to the airport and pick me up to the hotel. Once arrived at the hotel my intention was to arrange for a taxi to Stamullen. The hotel replied with a gracious email happily making an exception to extending their shuttle service to me as a non guest. Jimmy the driver was there at Dublin airport at 3:30pm as arranged. He not only transported me but insisted he drop me off directly at my final destination in Stamullen. Couldn't believe it. Jimmy you're the best. You were a great introduction to Irish hospitality.

If this is the level of amazing service provided by CityNorth Hotel to non guests then their general hotel service to guests must be out of this world. Happy to recommend even if I haven't stayed there!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
CityNorth, Director of Sales at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hello Richard A,

Thank-you for taking the time to share you comments.

We do like to go over and above on our levels of service here and we think the world of Jimmy!! I have passed your comments on to him and hopefully we will welcome you back as a guest next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We have stayed in the Citynorth hotel on many occasions, and it just keeps getting better. The staff are all absolutely lovely, the accommodation is clean and spacious, the food is fabulous, and extremely reasonable, and the kids are treated so so well. There's a great games room, with wii and playstation, pool table and air hockey. There's a lovely outdoor park for the children too:)) they love it, only downside is, they didn't want to leave!!! It's so convenient when travelling to drogheda, Dublin or the airport, and they transport you to the airport, so you can park your car safely while abroad. It's just great all round!!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Rjwk12345
Hello Rjwk12345,

Thank-you for submitting a reivew and I am delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with your Family. With out facilities, we are very popular for family breaks and hopefully we will get a chance to welcome you back again.
Coleraine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Used City North for a night prior to flying from Dublin. Pleasant, clean room with a window that opened. Restaurant was fine, but we were given no choice over paying in pounds or euros, so had to do it again as we wanted to pay in euros. Early morning trip to catch the plane was good, dropping us directly in front of the terminal. Exceptional value with parking included.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello NP1338,

Many thanks for submitting a review of your recent stay with us.

Delighted to learn of your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are flying from Dublin Airport.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The Web site said it was in the middle of everything. The only thing it is on the middle of was no where. 39 minutes from city center dublin. The room was kind of clean but they failed to bring us more than one wash cloth for four people each day so that was fun. We also added a 27€ bottle of prosecco for our first night and it was a cheap, twist-off bottle that was warm when we got to the room. The person at the desk called up to see if it was ok, to which we said that it was warm, so he offered us a glass of ice. Not too helpful.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrew S
CityNorth, Director of Sales at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Hello Andrew S,

We appreciate your feedback.

Please could you conatct me directly to discuss further.

Kind Regards,

Andy Greenslade
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

So I never write any reviews, just not my thing, but I felt that after my recent visit and stay at this hotel I should really compliment and recommend it for future travelers. I arrived very late to checkin where I was greeted and welcomed by a young man at the reception, named Gerwindar I think, he got me in and settled the fastest I have experienced in a very long time. The rooms were exceptional and spotless, the cleaning staff, who are usually not recognized should be. I was served by two lovely ladies during my stay, Fiona and Aga I think was their names. The reason I know their names was because they were very helpful, courteous and friendly.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel, the staff are friendly, welcoming and the accommodations exceeded my expections.

Room Tip: All rooms as far as I could tell are excellent clean
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hello Steven C,

Thank-you for kind review and I am glad that your positive stay with us encouraged you to submit one!

I will certainly pass on your comments to all the team members mentioned and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.
Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Have stayed a few times in this hotel while on business and I can't fault it. Great service, food, staff, rooms are very clean and well-equipped. Despite some people claiming it's out-of-the-way well it's 20mins by motorway from Dublin airport - straight run in or out and puts up a great show in comparison to some establishments calling themselves hotels 'near the airport'.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello JJDD-Ireland,

Thank-you for taking the time to submit your review.

I am delighted that you found our service, food and staff to be great - we certainly think so as well!

We look forward to welcoming you back again next time you are in the area on business.
Mayobridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Wanted a hotel where we could park and stay and this hotel fitted the bill. We arrived early evening to a very warm welcome by the receptionist. We had booked 2 rooms and 2 cars for a 5 night stay before our trip to Disneyland Paris (see separate review).

The rooms were spacious and clean and had a TV with Sky sports and tea and coffee making facilities. There were all the usual ironing board and iron, hair dryer and plenty of shower gels etc. we asked for more coffee, tea and milk and also another couple of pillows which were promptly brought to the room.

We didn't actually eat here but there was a very good menu and there were lots of people eating. The reception area had plenty of seating and a very warm and welcoming fire.

We had asked for an early morning call and the person who phoned confirmed our transfer times etc to the airport. For 2 rooms, parking and transfers to the airport for 6 people the cost was £128. The transfer was great, we were dropped right outside the airport departure and on our return we were picked up in the coach park which is about a 5 minute walk from Terminal 2 and the walkway is covered so if it's raining you do not get wet.

All in all would definitely recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: We asked for interconnecting rooms prior to our stay and although they said they couldn't guaran...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BlackpoolSeasiders
Hello BlackpoolSeasiders,

Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel and it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay before departing to Disneyland Paris.

Our Park, Stay & Fly packages are very popular, so hope to see you again next time you are flying from Dublin Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gormanston
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Westcourt Hotel
#2 of 5 in Drogheda
Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown

Been to CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!