“Very satisfied.”

CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gormanston
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The room is clean, spacious and comfortable. The staff has been friendly and helpful. We chose to eat at the restaurant in the hotel, the food was fabulous. The presentation of each dish was artfully done and the wait staff was attentive and very good at describing the dishes. Next time you come to Dublin I would recommend CityNorth Hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim H
CityNorth, Director of Sales at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hello Jim H,

Thank-you for taking the tme to share your comments.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Today’s breakfast was taken at the CityNorth Hotel in Gormanstown, near Balbriggan. The place was fairly buzzing at 8 am. Always a good sign. This repast takes the form of a typical hotel breakfast these days: you serve yourself to everything except tea or coffee. In previous rantings on this topic on Tripadvisor I have rarely found this arrangement to be satisfactory because I find that it is virtually impossible to have a hot breakfast with this set-up. So today I copped out and for main course decided to have kippers instead and it proved to be a happy choice. They were quite delicious and there were plenty of them. And the food was actually hot! I am very glad to see this palatial hotel doing well as it is a fine spacious building and there is ample parking and the staff are really very helpful and genuinely friendly. For €8.50 it has to be the best value meal of the day in this part of Ireland. Thank you CityNorth.

Room Tip: I did not sleep in the hotel, I just took my meals there.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hello Gretry,

Thank-you for your comments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your kippers for breakfast here at CityNorth Hotel and hopefully we can welcome you back for a longer visit next time.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

While staying here after attending a venue my overall experience of the city north hotel was that of relaxing & quiet eventhough there was an event on would highly recommend this hotel to any one coming to the area.

• Stayed: May 2014

Hello Bwred,

Thank-you for taking the time to submit a review and for your positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to CityNorth Hotel again

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a fine hotel situated about 15 minutes drive from Dublin Airport down the M1 travelling North. Its pretty much in the middle of nowhere as it is surrounded by fields. I was there for a couple of bridge events recently over weekends. All staff did what was needed anytime we needed something whether it was working on broadband or getting drinks or food in the early hours.
Its also a very quiet place if quiet is what you need.
There seemed to be lots more cars there than people so I suspect either folk park their car there and shuttle to the airport or else I was just there on a weekend when all went to bed before midnight. However its only 10 minutes down the road from me so I won't be going there too much except for business stuff but its good to know there is a quiet place not too far away.

Some English folk who were playing in the bridge event were extremely happy to find a superb and free broadband service. My room looked out on green fields and I could see 2 pheasants and some rabbits in the morning.
One very helpful Bulgarian barman seemed to be able to handle even the most angry guest.
Apparently she had drank all the stock of one type of wine so she got angry when there was none left and they had not replenished. However our man did not even blink and just continued to smile. Lots of chaps called various forms of Peter there. Some Polish some non Irish.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Eamon G
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Popped into City North for lunch today whilst passing by. Nice hotel, nice food but oh how the staff were a let down. They were as interested in serving or helping us as my pet cat is interested in Premier league football. That is all bar the chef who was serving the carvery. He was very pleasant. I could have forgiven the waiting staff had the dining area been very full, but it was empty. I wonder is this because of the surlyness of the waiting staff. A more bizarre incident happened when my partners adult daughter was asked by a waiter "were we her parents?" None of the waiters business! Remember we pay your wages.

PS. The furniture in the bar could do with recovering or shampooing.
Four star? Not so sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CityNorth, Director of Sales at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello OBBO_13,

Thank-you for taking the time to submit your views on Trip Advisor

I am delighted to learn that you found our Chef serving the carvery very pleasant, I do hope you enjoyed the food as well.

We are looking at changing the furniture in our bar, so there could possibly be some changes on your next visit.

As with regard to your views regarding our staff, as you can see from previous comments, we recieve lots of postive feedback. I can only apologise if you thought otherwise.

I do hope we will get the opportunuty of welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Dumped on the hotel on a Monday because of a flight forced to land, the staff stepped up and helped everyone. Room was good, pub friendly, beer cold but the staff made sure our evening got no worse. Not much around but we were there for the sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello SCDevsFan,

Many thanks for taking the time to submit a review.

I am delighted to learn that you found our staff excellent and the beer cold! Hopefully your next stay will be planned, not through a delay!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I went to City north hotel for a wedding a couple of weeks ago. I had ordered a hotel shuttle to pick me up from the airport but I was 40 mins Late and I thought that wasn't an option any more so I was facing having to pay 50 euro in a taxi. To my greatest surprise Jimmy the shuttle bus driver called me and said he would wait for me even though I was late.all the staff were extremely nice and we had great time! If you are going there jimmy is your man!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Hello Zara P,

Thank-you for taking the time to submit a review.

I am delighted to read your positive comments about your stay and especially the ones about Jimmy - all our guests find him a deight, as do we!!

Hopefully we will get a chance to welcome you back soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gormanston
The d Hotel Drogheda
Bracken Court Hotel
Bracken Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Balbriggan
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel

Been to CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!