1,102 results
All reviews dublin airport games room shuttle bus tayto park kids club an early flight close to the airport next morning lovely hotel family room bar food double room few drinks breakfast was excellent stayed here for one night afternoon tea city north hotel
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed here twice now and have been really disappointed with the hotel this stay. The hotel seems to have a lot of staff however the service is so poor and woefully slow. We ate at the hotel, six meals, five came out, one didn't and we had our meal ate before the sixth meal was brought out. We asked for some bread and when it came it was blue moulded. Nothing was removed from the bill until I told the Supervisor how poor the experience had been, they took the sixth meal off the bill in fairness. The concert we were going to was cancelled, which is not the hotels problem, however we thought they might have offered some discount, more fool us! £139 each room, we checked and there are hotels in Dublin City a lot cheaper so thanks but no thanks. Cannot see any of us staying there again. Seems to me they need to focus somewhat on customer service and ensure those staying at the hotel are looked after properly, lacks good management.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank BigCMac
CityNorth, Manager at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Hi BigCMac,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review CityNorth Hotel.

I am very sorry to hear you had such a negative experience during your stay.

If possible could you please send your contact details to info@citynorthhotel.com and a member of the management team will be in touch regarding this issue.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

First of all when walking in with my 3 children the turning door caught my daughters foot and I had to stop the door and pull her foot out not one member of staff helped or asked if she was ok she's only two! There was drawings on the wall and table in our room.Then at dinner we waited an hour and a half for pizza and a wrap and steak as the waiting staff got the order wrong twice!as you can imagine waiting that length of time with 3 kids under 4 was a nightmare!! Once food arrived nobody checked on us for drinks or anything afterwards at payment nobody apologised or asked how the food was manners wouldn't go a miss.during eatting I had another person staying at the hotel come over and knee down beside me and place her phone on charge asking me if it rang to come get her!!I found this extremely rude!! Waiting staff had told her to plug it in here. Later that night we where awoke at 1.45 by a group of drunk men next door shouting and laughing and reading from the Bible like they where doing witchcraft!chanting!woke up my 3 kids one of which is 8months so after a long day of travelling and poor service it got worse.i would not recommend this hotel to families at all or anyone who cares about standard of service.we are always travelling to different hotels on trips and even though this is a 4 star I've never been in worse hotel!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ACONeill2017
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

This is our 8th visit in past 18 months. We always stay here when flying out of Dublin. The staff are so helpful and professional. Rooms really comfortable. We leave our car here for our city break an the hotel provides free shuttle bus to an from airport. This is very reasonably priced an makes our airport experience very relaxing. I have recommended citynorth to all our friends.

Trip type: Travelled with family
CityNorth, Manager at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Hi janetjen1,

Thank you very much for your five star review of CityNorth Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at CityNorth Hotel.

Thank you very much for recommending us to your friends.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay, park and fly in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2016

I used the park and ride facility at this hotel. Reception Staff most professional. Dinner poor--a burger in a floury bap must have been made with concrete and not flour. Was not asked by staff in bar at any point for a view on the meal--so I decided not to volunteer one !!!! Breakfast was good--hard to get that meal wrong !!!!
Serive to airport excellent.

Good value for money--bar meal in evening.

Room tip: Aaway from motor way side
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ian-ctn

Hello Ian-ctn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review CityNorth Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you found our reception staff very professional and that you enjoyed your breakfast and shuttle coach.

I am very disappointed to hear that your evening meal was not to its usual standard, this issue has been passed onto our head chef and will be looked into.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on another occasion.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

People use hotels for all sorts of reasons; to stay over in, to have a meal in or even as a "pit stop", although if its only the latter you are after you might be better off using one of the motorway service stations on the M1.

Those who use the City North Hotel for accommodation purposes seem to be generally happy given the reviews posted here. Again based on some of the reviews here the same can not be said for the food services. Having stopped quite a few times for lunch at this hotel and had varied experiences with the quality of the food served in the carvery, our experience today was for the "pits", forget about the pit stop.

I have refrained from posting a review in the past in the hope that "it can only get better" but today's experience suggests the opposite is the direction it is heading in. From a presentation point of view most carvery's will put some effort into making the food on offer look appetising and inviting but today it had more of an appearance that the service had reached the end of the serving period rather than at the beginning - it was before 1.00 pm. The joints were gathered together as if keeping each other warm and the vegetables [cabbage and carrots] had the appearance of being there for the third day in a row.

The fish pie seemed like a safe bet and looked fairly appealing with a potato top on it. I asked if the sauce within the pie was gluten free and the initial response I got from the chef was a one of "what's that" look before assuring me that it was gluten free. Fine the choice of fish pie served in a dish was then placed on a plate with some of the aforementioned cabbage and carrots - and not bad you might say for €11.45 each. There was only a small queue at the pay station but it seemed to take a while for the cashier to process a credit card payment; pin the various pieces of paper together, put them in a particular place etc etc before he was ready to take cash for our lunch and we were only 2nd in the queue.

Having waited longer to pay for the food than we did to order/ have it plated we made our way to a table to eat and enjoy the meal. Yes, you have guessed correctly, the aforementioned vegetables which had not been "huddled together" as was the cased with joints were cold and virtually inedible. As the fish pie had a lid on it we thought it best to concentrate on whatever vegetable we could salvage before they were too cold to eat. Having moved on to the fish pie and removed some of the potato top we were gob-smacked to find that whatever about the sauce being gluten free there was in fact no sauce whatsoever in the fish pie at all. It was simply a mixture of virtually dry fish - some salmon, some white fish, one mussel in each and certainly no prawns which was accompanied by a fairly dried up potato top.

The only conclusion we could reach was that the chef had forgotten to add the gluten free sauce or any sauce for that matter and/or these fish pies had been left too long sitting on a very hot bain-marie /bamboree and the sauce had evaporated. Either way it was an unacceptable dish which was left largely uneaten.

Don't be necessarily put off by our experience but having tried it several times the carvery in this hotel leaves much to be desired

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Peregrini

Hello Peregrini,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review CityNorth Hotel.

I am very sorry to hear about your disappointing lunch experience in the hotel. These comments have been passed on to our head chef and the matter will be looked into.

If possible could you please forward your contact telephone number to info@citynorthhotel.com and a member of our management team with be in touch regarding this issue.