“Perfect location for a small wedding!”

The Station House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kilmessan
Reviewed 28 March 2014

From the day we booked our wedding with the Station House Hotel the staff were really helpful with planning everything. Sarah the wedding coordinator was great, she was on top of everything during the months before the day so we didn't have to worry about a thing. On the day, Henry made sure everything ran smoothly. All the waiting staff were friendly and extremely helpful. All of our guests enjoyed the meal and canapes, we got great comments from family and friends. The gardens are beautiful for photos, which meant we didn't have to leave the grounds so we had more time to enjoy the day with our guests. The signal suite in the converted signal box is unusual and quirky as the honeymoon suite. Everyone said it was the best wedding they had been to, it was such a fun and relaxed day. Thank you so much,
Rebecca and Ken Sheridan
14th March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank lanterinjaysus
Management-StationHH, Manager at The Station House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Hello Lanterinjaysus,

Thank you so much for your positive review on your wedding day. We are thrilled that everything went smoothly and that you and all your guests were so impressed by the food, staff and service.

It was my pleasure to look after you on your special day and I look forward to seeing you both again very soon. If not I will see you for sure at your first anniversary!

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here for a family wedding. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We were staying in one of the guest houses which was a good bit away, fair enough their was a driver that brought us back and forth but was still a pain. When I booked the guest house I presumed it was on the grounds. The 2 trips we took in the courtesy car twice I had to ask the driver to slow down he was driving way to fast, other guest staying in the guest house were also complaining about this. The wedding service was fantastic, the staff couldn't help us enough, really really nice and friendly, food was also exquisite. I read on a pervious review about the room been cold, our room was freezing cold, we had to take the spare blankets from the other bed and put them on us, the walls are also paper thin we could hear everything down to the conversation the people above were having! We also had people banging down the front door to get in as they forgot keys, We mentioned it to the reception as we were leaving, but we were just told that's what happens at weddings!!! Suppose it does but still would never return!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Keri-ruby
Management-StationHH, Manager at The Station House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Hello Keri- ruby,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us and we appreciate your positive feedback regarding our staff and service at the wedding.

When our guests call to book a room we advise them that the accommodation is in our off grounds rooms and we also email a confirmation to them with all the details. I'm sorry if after this you felt misinformed.

I have spoken to my courtesy drivers regarding their speed and can only apologise if you felt they were driving too fast.

I have spoken to our maintenance manager regarding your complaint with the heat and he will be investigating further.

If you wish to discuss any matters further please feel free to contact us on 046 90 25239.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed in the station house hotel recently at a family wedding. Great food great service great staff.
Felt the bar area was very small for a wedding but function room was perfect.
Carpets in bar area are loose in places and attention should be given to them.
However while my room was lovely , it was a really cold night when I was there and I woke up shivering with the cold despite being under a duvet. I couldn't go back asleep I was so cold. Think the rooms really should be heated at all times.
Another suggestion would be a small playground area for kids on the grounds

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ggDublin
Management-StationHH, General Manager at The Station House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hello ggDublin,

We thank you for taking the time to review our beautiful hotel.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding the food, staff and service at the hotel.

We thank you for your comments regarding the carpet in the bar area. This issue was addressed an a new carpet has now been ordered for the bar area.

I am sorry that your room was cold on the night in question. It is unfortunate that you did not call our 24 hour reception whereby our dedicated night porter would have remedied the issue for you straight away. I have spoken to the housekeeping manager about this to ensure going forward that all radiators in our rooms are checked and regulated on timers.

I thank you for your suggestion regarding a play ground and will make sure to pass it onto the owners of the hotel.

We hope to see you in the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Went to The Station House at Christmas for a family get together. We had ordered wine before our starters and it didn't come until we were all finished our main courses. After desert we ordered a couple more drinks, including a hot port. When the waiter came with the drinks he accidentally spilled all the drinks over three of the diners destroying their clothes. He then cursed and walked away without saying anything to us. Ten minutes later he returned with some napkins and cleaned up a little, still he did not apologize. After the meal one of the diners, who's expensive coat was ruined, had to tell the manager what had happened. The manager knocked 1 bottle of wine of the bill, among 15 people who were there. He also said to forward the dry cleaning bill for the ruined clothes. The dry cleaning bill was forwarded to the restaurant to which we had no reply. Overall the evening was TOTALLY RUINED. I would advise anyone thinking of going here not to, as the food is very mediocre and the service is ATROCIOUS!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Sarah D

Hello Sarah D,

We thank you for your comments regarding your experience with us at our restaurant.

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. I would kindly ask that you contact me directly on my email henry@stationhousehotel.ie so that I will be able to talk through all your issues.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We got married here on the 23rd of January 2014 as part of the 'Don't tell the Bride' show on RTE. I would have been absolutely lost without the help of all the staff and especially Sarah. This is a fantastic location, the food, grounds, rooms are all excellent but the staff really stole the show. Anything we wanted they were on top of, and given I booked it one week before the wedding thats no mean feat!!! All our guests were raving about the day and the venue.
Thanks again to all who helped make our day even more special and once again i'd personally like to thank Sarah for all her hard work in ridiculous circumstances!! Thanks again.

Michael and Gillian

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael B
Management-StationHH, Wedding Coordinator at The Station House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Hello Michael B,

Many thanks for your kind words. It really was a pleasure looking after you even if it was only for less than a week!

I will make sure to pass on all your best wishes to the staff that played such an integral part in your special day.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel very soon and of course for your first anniversary meal.

Sarah Kelly
Wedding Coordinator

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed at the station house in jan 13 with my husband and baby. I got the stay on a deals page and I felt that we suffered because of it!
When we arrived we were put into a room directly over the function room with only half a window and a skylight. The room was tiny esp when you put a buggy and travel cot in it. The bathroom was awful, cramped, dated and dirty. I asked to be moved to a larger room but funnily enough the hotel was fully booked on a wed in mid January! And I was told I could pay for an upgrade to the bridal suite if I wanted to. The receptionist couldn't hide her disdain at my request, she barely looked up from her work. Neither of us are very tall but my husband didn't sleep a wink that night as his ankles where hanging out at the end of the bed it was so small.Not acceptable at all.
The one good thing was the food. It was amazing. Really enjoyed my dinner and the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and helpful with our baby.
Overall would not recommend a stay here.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank TLRL14
Management-StationHH, General Manager at The Station House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Hello TLRL 14,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Station House Hotel.

I was disappointed to read that you were dissatisfied with your stay and I will certainly look into the comments you have made. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly on info@stationhousehotel.ie to discuss your stay in more detail.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I got married here on 18th January 2014
The staff are exceptional, the venue is magnificent. The was out standing.
The staff was so helpful on the day, they took care of every thing and any questions were bought to my attention and they dealt with them promptly. Special thank you to Declan the duty manager for all help over seeing the day and to Marcin too.
The wedding meal was consistently good and every one was suitably stuffed afterwards except my best man who was a bag of nerves before his speech.
We stayed for two nights and the hotel accommodated all our needs for food and drink for all our guests.
The bridal suit is lovely, we spent both nights in the room. The hotel itself had lovely rooms but some of the guests complained that the off site accommodation was cold when they went in, I suggest asking the staff to pre heat the radiators before guests arrive if possible.
All in all this was a great place to have a wedding, the grounds are beautiful, albeit we didn't get to use them because of the weather, the next two days were glorious (Murphy's law).
My wife and I recommend this venue for a wedding, good value for money, the staff will do all they can to help and it's a lovely place even if it is raining. They also do fantastic breakfast, lunch and dinner if you fancy a bite to eat after a walk at the local ruins.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom C
Management-StationHH, Manager at The Station House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Hello Tom C,

Many thanks for your kind words. I will make sure to pass on your positive comments to all the staff regarding the service and attentiveness on the day.

We are glad to hear that everyone was well fed on the day. Food is a very important factor for us here at the Station House Hotel.

We thank you for your feedback regarding the off grounds accommodation and we ensure in future that all rooms are pre-heated in advance of check in.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel very soon.

Henry Franco

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilmessan
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
Bellinter House
Bellinter House
#1 of 4 in Navan

Been to The Station House Hotel? Share your experiences!