“excellent Hotel and staff in every way!”

The Station House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kilmessan
“excellent Hotel and staff in every way!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Loved this hotel, the service was excellent beautiful hotel and rooms food was lovely,

we got married here and the staff could not do enough for us, they really looked after us made us feel so special, it was amazing day one we will never forget!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Niamh U
Management-StationHH, Manager at The Station House Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Hello NiamhU,

Many thanks for your wonderful review and positive feedback regarding your wedding with us here at the Station House Hotel.

I am so thrilled that your wedding day was everything you hoped it would be and more.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Henry Franco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Attended a wedding ceremony and reception in the hotel and have to say the word excellent does not do the hotel justice.The setting,the food were magnificent but all the staff were outstanding the best O have come across in Ireland!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank MickBlue
Hello MickBlue,

Well with a subject line like this what more can I say?!?! Thank you so much for the kind feedback. It really makes my job worth while to know that we are exceeding our guests expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We got married here on March 19th and to say we were treated like royalty was an understatement. Everything went without a hitch and the hotel has the best vendors in Ireland. Sarah Henry and their team could not do enough for us. We had extra food if we wanted it, tables were layed out really well, staff on the day were impeccable especially Declan and Barry The Barman. I felt really special arriving for my wedding being greeted by Henry and Sarah....Our ceremony was beautiful....The food was amazing especially for veggies and other dietary requirements......The bridal suite and all the hotels little touches did not go in noticed by us and we are forever grateful to Sarah for all her extra hard work to make me feel at ease when I had to change my wedding date when I found out my mom was terminally ill. Even though she didn't make it she would have been very very impressed and she was not easily impressed. So to anyone reading this who is thinking of booking their wedding here don't think about it just do it. My wedding may be over but the hotel feels like part of our life and we will be back as often as we can. A million thank yous. Love Susie and Darren McGowan

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Susie M
Management-StationHH, Manager at The Station House Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Hello Susie M,

Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your wedding with us in the hotel.

I am thrilled that you were so happy with everything on the day. Our wedding vendors really are a credit to the hotel. I will make sure to pass on your lovely words to all the staff.

Kindest Regards

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed here a guest for a wedding. Food was fab. Great selection for veggies. Staff were lovely. esp the bar staff who didn't mind us staying up until 6am! Brides birthday was the next day and they even made her a birthday cake. Only downside was the room was freezing. Also I thought the rooms were expensive, esp for a mid week stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jenchanted
Management-StationHH, General Manager at The Station House Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Hello Jenchanted,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Station House Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the wedding so much and that he food, staff and service were to our usual high standards.

I'm sorry to hear that your room was cold. The hotel operates a 24 hour reception. It is unfortunate that you did not contact them whereby a member of our night porter team would have turned up your heat and provided you with additional blankets.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

From the day we booked our wedding with the Station House Hotel the staff were really helpful with planning everything. Sarah the wedding coordinator was great, she was on top of everything during the months before the day so we didn't have to worry about a thing. On the day, Henry made sure everything ran smoothly. All the waiting staff were friendly and extremely helpful. All of our guests enjoyed the meal and canapes, we got great comments from family and friends. The gardens are beautiful for photos, which meant we didn't have to leave the grounds so we had more time to enjoy the day with our guests. The signal suite in the converted signal box is unusual and quirky as the honeymoon suite. Everyone said it was the best wedding they had been to, it was such a fun and relaxed day. Thank you so much,
Rebecca and Ken Sheridan
14th March 2014

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank lanterinjaysus
Management-StationHH, Manager at The Station House Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Hello Lanterinjaysus,

Thank you so much for your positive review on your wedding day. We are thrilled that everything went smoothly and that you and all your guests were so impressed by the food, staff and service.

It was my pleasure to look after you on your special day and I look forward to seeing you both again very soon. If not I will see you for sure at your first anniversary!

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here for a family wedding. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We were staying in one of the guest houses which was a good bit away, fair enough their was a driver that brought us back and forth but was still a pain. When I booked the guest house I presumed it was on the grounds. The 2 trips we took in the courtesy car twice I had to ask the driver to slow down he was driving way to fast, other guest staying in the guest house were also complaining about this. The wedding service was fantastic, the staff couldn't help us enough, really really nice and friendly, food was also exquisite. I read on a pervious review about the room been cold, our room was freezing cold, we had to take the spare blankets from the other bed and put them on us, the walls are also paper thin we could hear everything down to the conversation the people above were having! We also had people banging down the front door to get in as they forgot keys, We mentioned it to the reception as we were leaving, but we were just told that's what happens at weddings!!! Suppose it does but still would never return!

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Keri-ruby
Management-StationHH, Manager at The Station House Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hello Keri- ruby,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us and we appreciate your positive feedback regarding our staff and service at the wedding.

When our guests call to book a room we advise them that the accommodation is in our off grounds rooms and we also email a confirmation to them with all the details. I'm sorry if after this you felt misinformed.

I have spoken to my courtesy drivers regarding their speed and can only apologise if you felt they were driving too fast.

I have spoken to our maintenance manager regarding your complaint with the heat and he will be investigating further.

If you wish to discuss any matters further please feel free to contact us on 046 90 25239.

dublin
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed in the station house hotel recently at a family wedding. Great food great service great staff.
Felt the bar area was very small for a wedding but function room was perfect.
Carpets in bar area are loose in places and attention should be given to them.
However while my room was lovely , it was a really cold night when I was there and I woke up shivering with the cold despite being under a duvet. I couldn't go back asleep I was so cold. Think the rooms really should be heated at all times.
Another suggestion would be a small playground area for kids on the grounds

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ggDublin
Management-StationHH, General Manager at The Station House Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hello ggDublin,

We thank you for taking the time to review our beautiful hotel.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding the food, staff and service at the hotel.

We thank you for your comments regarding the carpet in the bar area. This issue was addressed an a new carpet has now been ordered for the bar area.

I am sorry that your room was cold on the night in question. It is unfortunate that you did not call our 24 hour reception whereby our dedicated night porter would have remedied the issue for you straight away. I have spoken to the housekeeping manager about this to ensure going forward that all radiators in our rooms are checked and regulated on timers.

I thank you for your suggestion regarding a play ground and will make sure to pass it onto the owners of the hotel.

We hope to see you in the hotel again very soon.

Henry Franco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilmessan
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to The Station House Hotel? Share your experiences!