“Great food for a treat”
Review of Lily Mai's

Lily Mai's
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I visit here maybe once every 6-8 weeks or so. Plenty of parking and disabled parking near the doors. There is a lift up to the café. You can buy jars of jams and sauces here too. They have a daily special board which offers cooked dinners, lighter bites or soup. They also have a salad bar, a dessert/cake bar, ice cream bar and scones, cookies, crisps etc

I love the salad bar my dad normally has a sandwich with the handmade chips.
The staff are helpful, they often help bring our food to the table. There is an outdoor seating area on a balcony that is lovely in warm weather.

Lovely food but a little expensive. You would only eat here as a treat unless you have a big bank account.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Arrived just shy of 3pm yesterday. There was quite a queue that wasn't moving fast. There were no trays which made it awkward for me as presently only have use of one hand. I gave my order to a pleasant lady, cajun chicken ciabatta and hand cut chips, but it was obvious the staff were under pressure but in a non organised sense. The queue to pay was so slow.
On paying I requested a tray and then I was handed my bowl of hand cut chips. I managed the tray which had chips, table number, cutlery and condiments but was really struggling as I tried to get water so I didn't order coffee which I normally would. I was surprised no staff member offered to help.
I found a small table, which needed cleaning from previous customers and sat down. I started eating the chips as they had started to go cold, and waited another ten minutes for the ciabatta. No one came to clean the table and even when dropping my ciabatta, the waitress merely glanced at the mess and kept going.
The ciabatta was very tasty though not very hot. The chips were very dry, thankfully there was vinegar and tomato sauce available. I had to get more water though.

Eating I noticed that even though there were food nets over the deserts to keep flies etc off, these nets were put on the trays at angles which allowed flies under and in some cases the nets were too small and food was exposed and the flies happily made their way in to do what they do best with the food. Such a shame as the deserts looked great but I wouldn't touch them for that reason.

Even as I was eating a waitress passed with a cleaning trolley, looked at the mess on my table, and kept going. A real shame.

I have to say the ciabatta was great, I would definitely order again if I found myself there, but I wouldn't rush back. A real mixed bag, and a real shame.

1  Thank helenam8
Reviewed 1 July 2013

we recently ate in lily mais café in dove hill, carrick on suir , we had lunch for 2 coffee and dessert, 1st off great variety in the menu weather you want a snack or a full dinner, the service was very quick, its is on a q basis and you get your food as you good along. The food is fab, hot and tasty. The staff were very helpful and it was such a lovely place to sit and enjoy your lunch. I would eat here again and we had a lovely meal at such a reasonable price .

Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

I eat their twice
The food was lovely
The place was pretty
The staff are really nice particularly one girl
The value was good
Would eat theready again

Reviewed 21 February 2013

lovely location, great staff and good choice of homemade food. very reasonable prices and a lovely centre to look down upon and look around. keep it up