See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 November 2015

We have stayed with Val several times beginning in 2009 on the occasion of our wedding. For my husband and I Saratoga feels like home. Classy and elegant with a delightful cottage ambience. We enjoyed colourful birds at her kitchen window and a crackling fire in the study beckoning you to cosy up and read one her many books. We are especially grateful for her attention to detail and cleanliness throughout. The bed is extremely comfortable sporting fresh crisply ironed sheets; always welcomed after a long flight. We enjoyed an incredible dinner with our hostess that is one of the highlights of our trip to Tipperary. Definitely treat yourself if you have the time. Val is an incredible cook using the freshest local ingredients. Finally Val is extremely knowledgeable of local sites to see and offers many tips on places to tour in and around Tipperary! It's always a pleasure to return to Saratoga.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2015

I had a weekend to spend in the north Tipperary area before leaving my friends off at Dublin airport for their return to Finland.
I selected Saratoga Lodge in which to stay as it was reviewed and recommended by Georgina Campbell and also I could bring my dog.
The location is accessible from all directions and there are many things to do in the area.
As soon as you enter the drive there is a great air of tranquillity about the property and the welcome from Val made us feel so welcome and relaxed.
Everything in the house is so comfortable and a really good nights sleep , by my standards , is guaranteed.
We chose to have dinner on both nights and that was definitely a winner . Val discussed our food likes and dislikes -- the meals we had were absolutely delicious , including breakfasts.
Being interested in horses ,the icing on the cake for me was a tour of the stud yard and paddocks with Topsy, the equine midwife !
All in all, a great place to stay, eat and have your batteries recharged !!!

Room Tip: All rooms have dual aspect , beautiful rural views, so really toss a coin !
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
BeamishV, Owner at Saratoga Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Thank you so much for such a complimentary review.I'm surprised and delighted !

Reviewed 16 September 2015

Everything about Saratoga Lodge is perfect, for us, our dogs, our needs. I know that sounds like praise indeed and so it should. Our hostess Val, her cooking, her house, the rooms - It feels just like home with Michelin stars. We have stayed three times and will return again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
BeamishV, Owner at Saratoga Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2015

Thank you for your kind review of Saratoga Lodge.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had the pleasure of staying in this delightful country house with my daughter recently. Beautifully maintained and comfortable house. Charming hostess. The most precious little dog called "Dude" entertained my 10 year old. I would love to return for another night. Best night's sleep in ages. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brid70

Thank you for your kind review of Saratoga Lodge.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Excellent doesn't say enough about this Bed and Breakfast. My girlfriend, our dog and myself stayed here for a weekend recently and it was perfect. The rooms were spotless, the area was beautiful, the "dog friendly" label went above and beyond what I expected and the service from the lady of the house, Valerie, was superb. The breakfast was delicious also with a huge variety available. I cannot recommend this bed and breakfast more highly but be warned, if you do stay here, you will fall in love with Valerie's two dogs, in particular her giant Irish Wolf Hound, Finn.

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Richard K

Dear Richard,

Sorry a little late but thank you for your kind review of Saratoga Lodge.

Very best wishes,