“Simply Stunning”

Dunbrody Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arthurstown
“Simply Stunning”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Just back from this amazing hotel & I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms. This place is a must visit. We stayed in the Lodge & it's like stepping back in time to the 50's but with all the creature comforts of today. There were 25 of us in total spread out across the facility but all converged for dinner at once. The food is stunning, served promptly and is a taste sensation. Matt the barman is the most patient human I know! Well done the Dundon's!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
dunbrody, General Manager at Dunbrody Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear TurasNua,

Many thanks for your recent review of your stay with us last weekend.

I'm delighted that you had a great time with us and will pass your comments on to Matt regarding his patience!!

Hopefully we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to see us again soon!

Paul Mernagh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 October 2013

To say a big thank you to Paul, Robbie and all the staff at Dunbrody for a wonderful twenty-fours hours staying with you. All staff without exception, were so very friendly and attentive. Paul, even when I was nosey and peering into the kitchen, you very kindly invited me in, thank you. I ordered, for my main dish that night, monkfish - Robbie, it was to die for, thank you so much. I treated myself to a massage which was heavenly, from Laura. What I loved about this aspect of a treatment session, is that it is seperate from the house and nobody is walking around the house in a dressing gown - which I hate and would actually turn me off going to a place where clients go to the Spa area through the hotel/house.

Looking forward to a return visit

Yours sincerely
Anne

Room Tip: Booked into a superior room and upgraded to a junior suite, so spacious - no noise what-so-ever
2 Thank Anne B
Dear Anne B,

We very much appreciated your lovely feedback regarding your stay with us last week.

Thank you very much for the positive comments; we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards,
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We visited Dunbrody for an afternoon and enjoyed a lovely lunch.
Service was excellent. Everyone went out of their way to be accommodating. The food was served in good time, was presented very well, in good portions and very tasty. And don't even talk about the deserts.
And if you have time, the grounds are just lovely and worth a look around.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Canonfan
Dear Canonfan,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

We are very pleased with your comments and thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to see us again soon and very much appreciate your custom.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I brought my wife here for a birthday present. We took advantage of the dinner, B+B package. This was excellent value. We had a great stay from start to finish. On arrival we were upgraded in our room. The room was beautiful and was true in maintain the character of such a country house.

We went for a drink before dinner and took our time examining the menus prior to going to our table. The food was excellent. The service was friendly and good. The dining room was full and this led to a very good atmosphere.

Breakfast again the next morning was excellent, we both went for the full Irish breakfast.

Looking forward to returning.

1 Thank Tosh12345
Dear Tosh12345,

Many thanks for the recent review of your stay here for your wife's birthday.

We appreciate the lovely comments and look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon!

Best Regards,
cork
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We have just returned from a short stay at Dunbrody House and can't wait to return again soon. If you enjoy beautiful surroundings and excellent food then this is the place for you. From the moment we arrived we were met by welcoming staff and encouraged to sit back and relax and enjoy the whole experience. Food is central to your stay at Dunbrody and we weren't disappointed. Dinner was outstanding, a culinary experience not be forgotten. Everything about the house exudes relaxation and comfort. A wonderful experience!

1 Thank Brendanx2013
Dear Brendanx2013,

Thank you very much for the great review which you left recently.

We really appreciate the positive feedback and are so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us particularly the food & relaxation.

Fingers crossed we will welcome you back to see us again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed here recently with my partner and loved it. It is so tranquil with old world charm. From the moment we checked in with a lovely welcome nothing was to much trouble. The restaurant staff were great, nothing was too much trouble when I told them about my dietary requirements which sometimes cause problems. My husbands beef was great, I had the lamb and was particularly pleased with it.
Afterwards we had a drink in the bar with the lovely open fires and the smell of turf burning really relaxes you. The bedroom was lovely, all rooms are differently decorated, ours was room 210 which was really something.
Breakfast the next morning was very nice also, the cooked breakfast was really something, I don't think I've had one tastier before! Overall it was lovely, I was worried after reading the last review but shouldn't have as all was as I had expected, peaceful and completely relaxing.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the gardens.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Magsda
Dear Magsda,

Many thanks for your lovely review of your stay with us here at Dunbrody Country House recently.

We appreciate you honesty and I am glad that your stay was as you had expected!

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I had a really lovely one night stay at the Dunbrody House Hotel. The hotel is warm and welcoming.

The bedrooms had lovely antique furniture and thick curtains. The bed was really comfortable. I had the best night sleep in weeks!

We had an early bird dinner . good selection of three for each course. I particullarily liked the Hake with Lemon butter and the creme Brulee.

The staff were all really helpful and friendly and ensured we had a great break.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank aireagail
Dear aireagail,

Thank you for the great feedback from your stay with us here recently.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us in particular the food in the restaurant and the decoration of the bedrooms.

Once again a big thank you for your feedback, we look forward to your return visit.

Paul Mernagh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arthurstown
Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Brandon House Hotel
Brandon House Hotel
#1 of 1 in New Ross

Been to Dunbrody Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!