“A beautiful stay we will always remember”

Glendine Country House
Ranked #1 of 3 Arthurstown B&B and Inns
Sydney
“A beautiful stay we will always remember”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We had a wedding on in Wexford so Glendine house is where we stayed while it was on. We absolutely beautiful stay! The hospitality of the owners was just incredible, so warm and welcoming. The breakfast was great! Rooms were beautiful, clean and beds very comfortable! Beautiful location with stunning ocean views. The kids loved being able to visit the sheep, baby lambs and deers on the houses grounds. We also extended our stay because we loved it so much! Will be back there again no doubt!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Claire J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ireland
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed for two nights at Glendine while attending a wedding at Dunbrody and it was just a delight. The house is magnificent - apparently it was part of the Dunbrody estate originally - the dower house. I had a magnificent bedroom with views of the sea, crisp linens, cosy chairs and magazines. I loved the wedding I was at, but I also loved curling up there and just soaking up the atmosphere and peace. i found the hosts Ann and Tome exceptionally kind and warm - and they even spun me up to dunbrody next day to collect my car which I would never expect and was most grateful for.

The breakfast was great, and it was nice to be able to fall in with other guests - or there were smaller tables to go solo had i wanted to and not been part of a wedding party. Overall the feeling was unfussy, generous and warm. I will be back. Oh - and good to see the lama! I came across on the ferry and had a lovely drive around Hook Head on a later day. Oh and I must also mention the food at both Dunbrody and Aldridge Lodge which were exceptional. This trip made me realise what a lot Ireland has to offer, and I will be doing more holidaying at home.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed here two night bb 99 euros in superior room with view of sea .. And what a view .. Breakfast was home cook with very gd choice .. Anne Tom and family were very kind as our car was giving trouble and all was sorted without any fuss .. Loved the space and the peace .. Rooms were except comfortable . I would def recommend for two night getaway .. Ask about walk and golf in the area .. Great restaurants and pubs in the area also. We will be back .... Thanks

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Gerwhel
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Stay here for a wedding at dunbrody hotel across the road .. By far was best four star b&b service we have ever got .. I stay in alot of hotels due to my business and found Anne and staff professional and hospitable. Met at door by Maeve with cup of tea and homemade cakes.. Brown bd sambos .. Our rooms were five star .. Gt beds.. Power showers.. Baths .. Views over bay .. We have already bought Xmas vouchers for next visit ..

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank tomkelly7
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We arrived at Glendine Country House exhausted late at night having got lost coming out of Airport but we had telephoned Ann ahead to tell her this so she awaited with tea and lovely homemade fruit cake for us on arrival. We stayed here 3 nights and was by far the best place that we stayed in Ireland. She is a lovely warm person and found her to be courteous and so hard working - she was up every morning at seven making scones, stewed rhubarb, etc even having checked us in after 11 p.m. I cant wait to return - you have to stay here if visiting wexford or waterford - beds so comfortable, rooms spacious and what views of the sea !!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank quentin m
East Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 July 2011

This is a gorgeous, comfortable, hospitable country house in beautiful Arthurstown. We arrived around 2:30 pm and Ann was so kind and helpful. She and her sweet son served us scones, jam and tea. My father could not get enough of the jam! She also sat down with us with a map to show us points of interest in the area and in Waterford. We had wanted to go to the Waterford crystal factory and she told us how to get there by car ferry, She also told us about Hook lighthouse, which we took the drive to go see. The rooms were very large and very beautiful! Great bathroom and shower and comfy beds too! Very clean! Breakfast was delicious and Ann's husband was also very kind and funny! The grounds are also beautiful! From reading below some of the reviews about Ann's hospitality, I saw no sign of that whatsoever. She was kind and helpful, as well as her son and husband. I would stay here again and more than one day too! Oh and what a cute dog!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Christenalbs
Cedar Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We spent a lovely weekend at Glendine and would definitely go back in the future. We did not meet the owner until our final morning due to a family emergency (her father in law was in the hospital 2 hours away in Dublin) but we were greeted very kindly by her designated substitute, and her sons very pleasantly offered us tea each time we came back from touring. We found her to be a delightful hostess when we chatted during our departure day breakfast.
Our room (Ballyhack) was very spacious and comfortable with lovely views of the water and fields...we enjoyed wonderful sleeps followed by delicious breakfasts and had fun seeing the sheep, cattle and a llama in the paddocks. A thoughtful extra was complimentary use of a computer desk with internet access, and there was plenty of off-street parking, unlike our previous night's B&B.
The location was perfect for us - just a few minutes from the Passage East to Arthurstown car ferry arrival point - while we were touring the very interesting Hook Peninsula and connecting with distant relatives (my great-grandmother came from the nearby town of Fethard-on-Sea.) The Peninsula is a wonderful, historic spot for a visit, loaded with enough attractions to fill a weekend or longer stay.
We would highly recommend Neville's pub about 15 minutes away in Fethard for its good food and warm family atmosphere, and visited more than once.
In short, this was the definition of everything I look for in a B&B or country house and I'd love to go again for a longer stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stcroixwriter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arthurstown
Dunbrody Country House Hotel
Marsh Mere Lodge
Marsh Mere Lodge
#2 of 3 in Arthurstown
Killiane Castle Country House & Farm

Been to Glendine Country House? Share your experiences!