“Very warm and welcoming.”

and 1 more site!
Kilmokea Country Manor & Gardens
Ranked #1 of 1 Campile B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Very warm and welcoming.”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Wonderful stay. Mark and Emma are excellent hosts, very helpful and accommodating. The Magnolia room was very comfortable with a great view over the gardens, we slept like babies. Our meals were excellent in the cozy dining room with great service. Mark could not have been more helpful with directions and recommendations. The gardens are amazing, full of history! I wish we had spent two nights. I have recommended this house to other family members and friends.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jim C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Waterford
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Kilmokea is the most amazing Country house I have ever stayed from the warm welcome I received from both Mark and Emma Hewlett and their three boys on the many trips I have made to their beautiful home, to the excellent cuisine on offer every evening in the perfectly decorated dining room.The bedrooms are individually decorated,with a real focus on relaxation, I stayed in the Lily which I loved, with its lovely antique furniture which perfectly compliments the house perfectly. The last time I visited was when they had given their house over to a Charity for a fundraising event, The Hewletts have cracked the code to the perfect hospitality as everything about this wonderful home is splendid. I would highly recommend you to come visit this beatiful home providing hospitality at its best.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend the Lily room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank John368Waterford
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed here last weekend, the room was beautiful and very comfortable. The gardens were nice and had a lot of work put into them, they must have been magnificent in their day!!
For a house with prices they charge, I would have thought the breakfast choice of full Irish (or a mixture) or eggs with smoked salmon was not an adequate choice.
I know it's a country house but the cockerels and peacocks at 4am would take a bit of getting used to!!
I think it is too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Rocman2
Dublin
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed here, Kilmokea House, overnight in early March 2012. (Would love to have had two nights). It is a tranquil country house and the hosts Emma and Mark made us very welcome and went to alot of trouble to show us local attractions (such as Tintern abbey and the Hook head lighthouse) on a map. Their own garden is lovely for a wander. Upon booking, we were upgraded to the 'Rose Room' and it was very comfortable. It is obvious that a lot of care has gone in to making this a welcoming country house. Good breakfast. Michelle (Dublin)

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle899
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We booked out the self catering accommodation to go away for my Dad's 70th. There were 11 of us including a 3 year old and 2 small dogs. We had a great time and used it as a base to visit local sites and amenities. Some of the highlights for us;

Lovely welcome on arrival - personal and friendly.
Rooms were great LOADS of space, homely decor, great bathrooms etc.
SUPER swimming pool.
BEAUTIFUL naturally set gardens, not my thing but so interesting.
Quiet and peaceful.
Very good value for the weekend.

We'd had not one issue with our stay, all was terrific. I'd recommend it and we'll be back. If your looking for a quiet weekend to 'catch up with yourself', I'd heartily recommend it.

Room Tip: Great space, nice facilities.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephenc1973
Salisbury
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I have delayed in writing this review as I can't quite put my finger on the cause of the mild disappointment we both felt. Maybe the brilliant website and the Hidden Ireland website led us to expect too much, but I notice a review from a couple of years ago that seems to express the same ambivalence. I can't escape feeling that it is a little overpriced for what you get and where it is.

Less than an hour from Rosslare we arrived straight from the ferry. Mark and Emma were delightful, although she seemed rather distracted. Maybe she was thinking about the meal we had later that evening. Really beautiful rack of lamb and quality service, but 50 euros per head plus wine (a good wine list). Mark spent a lot of time with us in the morning explaining all the local things to see and do and providing maps which was very helpful.

The house is beautiful: large, stylish and with bags of character with comfy sofas, lots of books and little touches like newspapers which we appreciated. We had been upgraded and the room was spacious and comfortable but we couldn't open any of the windows which rather got to me. There is a garden open to the public which we walked around which was mostly woodland and somehow disappointing. There is a large comservatory used by visitors to the garden, where we had a nice breakfast, but it wasn't very cosy for residents. There was a gift shop which looked as though no-one ever bought anything. We didn't use the spa facilities.

I would recommend Kilmokea to lovers of good food and the sort of character the house offers and who don't mind paying slightly over the odds, staying more than one night to get the best from the place.

Room Tip: the website has pictures of all the rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hollySalisbury
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Just spent the weekend at Kilmokea House and had a wonderful time. Great hospitality from Emma & Mark and the staff. We stayed in the Rose Room, which was lovely and cosy with a fantastic view of the garden. We had two beautiful dinners, an amazing rack of lamb cooked perfectly and fantastic monk fish. The gardens are definetly worth taking in and you can see that they are well loved and cared for. All in all we had a super time and we'll be back again. This is a great place to chill out, relax into the couch in front of a nice big fire after a day taking in the local sights.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bridget017
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campile
Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,258 reviews
Horse & Hound Inn Hotel
Horse & Hound Inn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballinaboola

Been to Kilmokea Country Manor & Gardens? Share your experiences!