“Donegal & Antrim tour, wonderful, relaxed and great fun”

Footfalls Walking Tours
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Roundwood
More attraction details
Owner description: Footfalls Walking Holidays was founded in 1994 by Christopher and Teresa Stacey. We wanted to share our love and interest in the great outdoors with others so we started guiding individuals and groups in the Wicklow Mountains. Before long we were getting requests from our customers to see more of Ireland than just Wicklow and also do self-guided tours. Today we have expanded to where we are offering guided and self-guided tours to almost every corner of Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the Lake District. Despite out growth almost all of our tours are guided by us, Christopher and Teresa, to guarantee that personal touch.
Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Donegal & Antrim tour, wonderful, relaxed and great fun”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was the first time I went on a walking tour (I had been on several day tours departing in Galway) and I was a bit worried in the beginning to go on holidays on my own BUT I had such a great time thanks to Christopher and all our hiking buddies whom I spent the week with. It was so much fun. We had the luck of the Irish with us as the weather was perfect, just a few short showers of rain. The walks offered great views of cliffs, beaches, hills and many lucky Irish sheep. The tours were not that exhausting (well, at least not for me) and so it was quite relaxing. The people on the group were lovely and easy to chat with and have a good laugh. Everything was well organised and we didn't have to worry about anything. For dinner Christopher had chosen some comfortable restaurants and there was plenty of food and choices. Most of the B&Bs were very comfortable, too, with friendly and helpful owners. Christopher is a very experienced guide with a great knowledge of the country and he is also great with people. I hope I'll be back for another walking tour.

Visited July 2013
Christopher S, Owner at Footfalls Walking Tours, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Birgit,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review to Tripadvisor, we really do appreciate it.
Thank you also for taking our tour and we are delighted that you enjoyed it.
Enjoy the rest of 2014,

Christopher, Teresa & the Footfalls Team

Cranston, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cork and Kerry...an amazing week!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I recently took the Cork and Kerry walking tour with Footfalls and it was an amazing experience. Christopher is not only extremely knowledgeable and well prepared, but is also a funny, kind and all around wonderful person. I was a little nervous meeting up with the group since I went alone, but that feeling disappeared the very first day. The atmosphere was pleasant and merry. The bed and breakfasts he chose for us were friendly and comfortable, and we ate a delicious dinner out every night. The hikes were spectacular and the views unforgettable. Our group was lucky to have nice weather every day, but even if it hadn’t been as warm and sunny as it was, it would have been just as splendid a trip because of the breathtaking scenery and the terrific company. We always hiked at a comfortable pace, and though we were tired at the end of the hike it was in a good way and not so tired that we couldn’t enjoy a nice dinner out, a walk about the town, and a pint at the pub! I would definitely recommend this tour, or any of Footfall’s tours, to someone looking to explore Ireland. I hope to do another tour with Footfalls soon. My only advice is to be prepared. Bring rain gear and decent hiking shoes. Even if it’s sunny out, the weather can change quickly. Otherwise be prepared for lots of laughs and a great time!

2 Thank Grace G
Christopher S, Owner at Footfalls Walking Tours, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Dear Grace,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write that lovely review and of course for taking our tour of Cork & Kerry. If you were nervous on the first day, you covered it well, because I did not detect anything:-)
Thank you also for echoing our recommendations on rain gear and good walking footwear, it is very important in this country. Because we live on an island the weather changes very fast.
Until we meet again, keep well and safe travels,

Christopher, Teresa & the Footfalls Team
“Donegal and Antrium....Brilliant!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We just spent a week hiking gorgeous Donegal and Antrim. We've been on several cycling tours but this was our first walking trip and we're hooked. The days presented one beautiful vista after another and all those blue skies and sunshine were a very pleasant surprise. Christopher is relaxed but very organized, encouraging, and quick to share a laugh. His love of his country and the outdoors added to the enjoyment of each day. He's a wealth of knowledge but doesn't fill the day with lectures...lets you soak in the beauty of the landscape but when asked is always willing to share what he knows. He's a pretty good storyteller too, even for an Irishman! Accommodations and meals were great and we hope to ramble down some trails with Christopher again in the near future. Thank you to the great team at Footfalls, you made it all so easy.

Dear Beth & John,
Thank you very much for your lovely review and for taking our tour, it was a pleasure to have you both along. We do hope that we will have the chance to walk with you again and show you another part of our wonderful countryside.
Until that day, look after one another and keep very well,

Christopher & the Footfalls Team:-)
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Trip”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I did the July 2013 week long tour of Cork and Kerry. The hikes were varied and the views stunning -- it didn't hurt that the weather got lost on its way to Ibiza, because it was gorgeous. I don't usually travel with tour groups, but I highly recommend Footfalls. Christopher is a knowledgeable guide, an incredibly nice person, and a hilarious storyteller -- all of which put travelers at ease and help his groups to bond. His lodging, restaurant, and entertainment recommendations are great, too. I never tire of Ireland, and I hope to see more of it with Footfalls.

1 Thank Cathy S
Dear Cathy,
Thank you very much for your glowing review, we really appreciate you taking the time out to write it. Feedback is always good and especially if it is like yours.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the tour and we look forward to walking with you again in another part of Ireland.

Safe walking,

Christopher
Seattle, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I went on the Cork and Kerry tour with 6 other people and Christopher as our guide. It was truly memorable on many levels. The scenery was gorgeous, the B&Bs were comfortable and the company was outstanding. Our group got along really well and Christopher was entertaining, helpful and encouraging. I highly recommend this tour company and hope to go with them again some day.

Dear Anita,
Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to write the review. It was our pleasure to have you along and to show you a small part of our beautiful Island.

Keep well and safe walking,

Christopher