“My last meal at the Roundwood Inn”
Review of Roundwood Inn

Roundwood Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Roundwood
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2013

all parts of the meal were excellent. It is a friendly and relaxed restaurant a place where traditional high quality fdod, customer service and olde worlde charm abound i live locally, and i will be returning again very soon.

1  Thank Joseph D
There are newer reviews for Roundwood Inn

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stopped here after a long day of traipsing around the area attractions. We were starving and ready for a hearty meal. I got exactly that with the Traditional Irish Stew; a large serving of tender lamb and chunky vegetables in a delicious & unfettered broth! Unfortunately, my companion ordered the goulash soup, which she thought would be traditional German (the waiter said the owners were German). She said the soup was mediocre, at best, & nothing like any she'd had in her 3 years of living in Germany. Service was slow, place was nearly empty, had to ask for bread & water. I have to admit though, I'd go back for that yummy stew!

Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

The roundwood inn is one of my favourite places in the world, I am from the village of roundwood and know live abroad on a recent visit home I called onto the roundwood inn,

The atmosphere here is excellent the smell of smoking wood when you walk I to this old school pub is unbelievable! You always get a warm welcome from the staff behind the bar John Murphy to be particular!

The roundwood inn known to locals as the hotel boast the best pint of Guinness known to man!

The seafood soup, crab claws, smoked salmon, Hungarian goulash are all winners on the menu but my favourite is chicken and chips which come in a basket but I always ask for it on a plate with homemade colslow, which is unbelievable!

I can not recommend this ace enough, a family run business that has catered for the people of roundwood for years!

Don't get me wrong this place isn't for everyone but if you are a lover a good food and service here is for you ! They also have a restaurant which is by booking only and is amazing ... I better not start on that as this review could go on all day !

You also never know who you might run into in the hotel , bono the edge, and many more!

Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

After a very cold and wet walk in Glendalough my friend and I were looking forward to a heart warming meal in the Roundwood Inn, which had been recommended to us. While the service was very good, and the stove fire was welcoming, the food, for the price was very disappointing. I had the smoked salmon which was more than 15 euro and it came with a salad of pickled cucumbers, and shredded lettuce. Very bland and basic, would have expected a lot more for 15 euro. My friend had the lobster bisque which tasted like ox-tail soup and was served in a metal bowl reminiscent of her boarding school days!! While the place seems to get good reviews, it wasn't what we were looking for or have come to expect from Irish pub food.

1  Thank Janbuck
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Roundwood Inn has a bar, a pub grub section and a more formal dining room. All are cosy and welcoming. Great home-made Gravadlax and though basic, the chicken in the basket is mouth watering after a hike. Good wine list, so I'm told by my wife, as I don't drink, and for me a really good alcohol free German weissbier.