One of my favorite places in Italy... and I've seen a lot of it! I stayed here with friends whilst working in Italy in 2010 and always wanted to go back - I finally managed to get there again last Autumn for 2 weeks; it was even better than i remembered! Just such beautiful, natural, unspoilt surroundings to relax in, discover and explore the countryside, mountains, waterfalls, wildlife, food, places and people! The farm itself has a lovely garden with views of Sora and the mountains, the rooms are unique, rustic, artistically styled and very comfortable and Antonello and his family who run ItalyFarmStay are all wonderful people to spend time with and they'll help you with whatever you need to have a great time whilst there. He told us about various hikes in the nearby mountains and had hand drawn maps of each route! I enjoyed visiting the market in Sora, going to yoga classes, seeing a theatre performance in the local village, attending a chestnut festival in the mountains, making bread and pasta and doing an early morning trip to watch cheese making and helping the Shepard to squeeze some pecorino into shape!
Apart from all the hikes, activities and excursions possible, just staying on the farm, watching or helping Guiseppe plant or pick the fruit and vegetables or feed the animals was a great experience, and eating the organic produce for dinner was buonissimo; I particularly loved eating the fresh figs after picking them!
I would recommend this place to couples, families, groups and solo travellers as everyone I met at the farm whilst I was there was really friendly, interesting and I had some great conversations and time spent with other guests. I think that anyone interested in the 'real Italy' and the laid back fairly traditional countryside way of life should take time to visit here, whether for hiking, relaxing, meeting new friends or experiencing great Italian family hospitality and organic farm food! I'll never forget this special place - it's a unique kind of place that leaves people with experiences and insights that most tourists in Italy wouldn't come across, and a great chance to reconnect with nature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Real Italian agriturismo right between Rome and Naples in Abruzzi National Park. With fantastic activities to enjoy: horseback riding, cooking classes, day hike, overnight hike, visit to the cheese-making shepherd, Italian language classes, yoga. Well-served by bus and train from Rome and Naples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Italy Farm Stay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Italy Farm Stay Hotel Pescosolido
- Italy Farm Stay Pescosolido