“Beautiful Italian Countryside”

Italy Farm Stay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Beautiful Italian Countryside”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My college roommate and I stayed here for two nights during our travels through western Europe. The family running the place was very friendly. During our time on the farm there was a college group taking a class on the Slow Food. It was great to be able to mingle with them, but unfortunately they took the majority of the family's attention. We felt we would have had a more personal experience with the family and the activities offered if we had been there at a different time. Nonetheless, we thoroughly enjoyed our time. It was the perfect escape from the busy, touristy cities we had been in! The area was very beautiful. We were able relax and enjoy the peaceful countryside. The home cooked food was incredible, as well as the food at the one local restaurant that the family recommended. We chose to stay in the tent, which was fine except for the the thunderstorm the second night. However, we knew that was a possibility when we made that decision. Overall, we had a great time and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Britney B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I loved every single moment of it, must return soon. we were backpacking and this by far was one of the greatest hospitality experiences we experienced while on our journey. love it. recommending this place to everyone

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jason R
St. Moritz, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was in Italy farm stay looking for true experiences in this amazing country and so I found them.
It's just 2h 30 from Rome where you pass from the rush and the insecurity of the city to the quiet and warm countryside where everyone have some time to share with you.
I helped them to recollect the olives and to make pasta, pizza and bread. I also had some quiet moments reading on the porch and laying on the hammock.
Here you 'll find the true Italy style with people who will make you feel like at home

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank JordivilAN
Genoa, Italy
Reviewed 11 January 2014

One of my favorite places in Italy... and I've seen a lot of it! I stayed here with friends whilst working in Italy in 2010 and always wanted to go back - I finally managed to get there again last Autumn for 2 weeks; it was even better than i remembered! Just such beautiful, natural, unspoilt surroundings to relax in, discover and explore the countryside, mountains, waterfalls, wildlife, food, places and people! The farm itself has a lovely garden with views of Sora and the mountains, the rooms are unique, rustic, artistically styled and very comfortable and Antonello and his family who run ItalyFarmStay are all wonderful people to spend time with and they'll help you with whatever you need to have a great time whilst there. He told us about various hikes in the nearby mountains and had hand drawn maps of each route! I enjoyed visiting the market in Sora, going to yoga classes, seeing a theatre performance in the local village, attending a chestnut festival in the mountains, making bread and pasta and doing an early morning trip to watch cheese making and helping the Shepard to squeeze some pecorino into shape!
Apart from all the hikes, activities and excursions possible, just staying on the farm, watching or helping Guiseppe plant or pick the fruit and vegetables or feed the animals was a great experience, and eating the organic produce for dinner was buonissimo; I particularly loved eating the fresh figs after picking them!
I would recommend this place to couples, families, groups and solo travellers as everyone I met at the farm whilst I was there was really friendly, interesting and I had some great conversations and time spent with other guests. I think that anyone interested in the 'real Italy' and the laid back fairly traditional countryside way of life should take time to visit here, whether for hiking, relaxing, meeting new friends or experiencing great Italian family hospitality and organic farm food! I'll never forget this special place - it's a unique kind of place that leaves people with experiences and insights that most tourists in Italy wouldn't come across, and a great chance to reconnect with nature.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank felifelilalala
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We spent a lovely few days here, sharing a truly Italian experience. From the moment we met Federico at his pizzeria near the bus station to the campfire on our last evening, these were wonderful days. We were able to walk and enjoy the surrounding countryside, feed and stroke the animals, make pasta, ride horseback in a nearby valley, join the farmworkers in their olive harvest or just relax in the sofas and hammocks on the deck. We also ventured into Sora on foot and by car to explore and eat. We were supremely lucky with the weather and could not have asked for more in terms of hospitality - we were even allowed to have our own Halloween party and were given a supply of logs to keep the fire going long into the evening.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank molesh
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband, three boys (11, 9, and 8), and I had the pleasure of visiting Italy Farm Stay in July 2013. We still talk about our time there often.

Others have described the authentic feel of the place, with friendly hosts, volunteers, and guests all open to new experiences and good conversation. The neat mix of people alone would have made for a delightful and memorable week. There were also opportunities to make pasta, visit the local shepherd, take a walk into Sora, ride horses, explore a farm very different from what we've ever experienced, and just watch the clouds pass by on a veranda that overlooks a beautiful, rustic, and much-loved property.

We asked for a family room and were pleased with the space we had to spread out. There is a communal refrigerator (small). I believe it's possible to do laundry on-site. As a family of five, though, it made more sense for us to wait until we could get to a laundromat to quickly take care of a week's worth of clothing worn by boys on a farm.

My husband and I loved the communal meals served each evening. Our boys liked the idea of eating with everyone else and enjoyed interacting with the guests, but they weren't always up for a new food adventure in rustic Italian cuisine each night. Sometimes we just made sure they'd had a healthy meal earlier in the evening and kept an eye on them reading in a hammock close-by. They were happy and we were free to enjoy Maria's wonderful cooking and the company of lovely people from all around the world.

We had a really hard time leaving and hope to return. We camped on either side of our time at Italy Farm Stay and, as a consequence, had to pack light. Apart from perhaps packing an extra pair of shoes or boots for our boys, we wouldn't have changed a thing about our time at Italy Farm Stay - except to stay even longer.

Room Tip: This is not luxury accommodation, but we were very comfortable, and our room was very tidy and quite...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank EarlyBirdTraveller
USA
Reviewed 27 September 2013

If you have plans to visit either Naples or Rome and are looking for some lazy time to spend in the countryside of Italy, I very highly recommend that you check out this place, "Italy Farm Stay". The name is a bit misleading, but in a good way. The location is on a farm, but Italian style. ...and the farm is atmosphere for you. You don't lift a finger for anything. Your job is to relax and enjoy the timelessness of the countryside and to be in awe of the Abruzzi mountains that you can see all around (Pescosolido is to the west of Abruzzo). And if you want to, you have the opportunity to learn to make pasta from scratch. Where else better to learn how to make pasta! If you are fascinated by the famous Pecorino cheese, you can visit the local shepherd and see how the cheese is made.

It is very relaxing and really amazing to wake up in the morning and to savor that beauty that is all around, to enjoy that Mediterranean sun on your skin and to breath such fresh air. You can lounge on the veranda, walk through the yard and pick fresh fruits from the orchard. And you can just chill having a family-style dinner with the other guests at the house. Yes, even a couple on vacation can enjoy such a visit to this location. There's always an option to socialize, but definitely privacy is respected as well. But for anyone that knows that they just want privacy more often than not, there is an alternative location available up the road under the same management, and that location is definitely less communal and is more private (but certainly with added cost, no doubt) with kitchen facilities to prepare your own meals instead.

I think that this is a great place to spend time enjoying nature. But since it is located in a somewhat remote location, obviously, you can not walk to a local cafe without walking about two miles, I think it was, to the town of Sora. There is a taxi service available, but you will never need it. Afterall, you are there to enjoy, so walking into town is very enjoyable and peaceful experience.

So in my opinion, this place offers an authentic taste of Italy. Yes, everyone goes to see Rome, and all the big Italian cities, but my high recommendation is to spend some time in the countryside where most people there are all Italians and hardly any tourists. I loved it! You'll even see herds of sheep crossing the road or nearby in their pasture. Tractors too. And even in the small town of Sora, fashion seems to be a high priority for the locals. Actually, when I was there, I sacrificed my time that I had to spend in Rome and spent most of it at the "Italy Farm Stay" for five days. Rome will always be there for me.

Room Tip: because this location is so quaint, there is not an abundance of rooms. so I recommend that you boo...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank dawneliz2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pescosolido
B&B Portella Delle Fate
#1 of 2 in Broccostella
B&B La Torretta dei Conti
B&B La Torretta dei Conti
#1 of 3 in Campoli Appennino

Been to Italy Farm Stay? Share your experiences!