Negatives first....Erm there wasn't any!! Stayed last night for one night, room was fine, maybe heading towards a lick of paint soon but it added to the character of a lovely old building! If walls could talk eh? A really comfy bed dressed with lovely fresh clean linen! A nice powerful shower and nice fresh clean towels! A nice quiet and comfy sleep!
The bar and restaurant was clean tidy with a couple of big open fires, I could imagine nice cosy place on a cold winters night! I had the 16oz steak in the evening (diet starts tomorrow) it was superb with plenty of chips and trimmings! All very well presented too! I opted for a bacon and sausage sandwich in the morning, delicious!
Kate and crew certainly know how to make your stay both comfy and pleasurable! Thankyou.
Finally, if your into live folk music, Tuesday night is the night!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Somerset Arms is a pub-with-rooms, ideally located four miles from Longleat and Stourhead and only 25 minutes from the World Heritage city of Bath. Offering a relaxed, informal setting serving exceptional food, traditional cask ales, fine wines and expertly-shaken cocktails, as well as luxurious newly refurbished rooms with every creature comfort. Beautiful design, great food, excellent service and a warm welcome await you at The Somerset Arms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Somerset Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Arms Hotel Maiden Bradley
- Somerset Arms Maiden Bradley, Wiltshire