For accommodation to hit the spot it must provide a few essentials:
- a comfortable bed in a warm room
- a hot bath/shower
- good, honest fare
- a warm welcome
I guess in this day and age you could also add WIFI reception to the list.
Well the Somerset Arms meets all these criteria in spades. The food especially is worthy of note. We had an excellent cooked breakfast served on piping hot plates and equally the evening meals were excellent and very reasonably priced.
Kate and Roy your hosts go the extra mile to ensure your stay is a success and are very knowledgeable about the local points of interest including Stourhead, Longleet and Bath which are all close by.
If you had to be picky you might say the décor to the common areas is a bit tired now and it would have been good to have a shelf or two in the shower room and the shower (unless you enjoy playing football with a bar of soap) but these are tiny issues and certainly did not detract from a most enjoyable couple of days. We shall certainly return and are happy to recommend you give it a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Somerset Arms is a pub-with-rooms, ideally located four miles from Longleat and Stourhead and only 25 minutes from the World Heritage city of Bath. Offering a relaxed, informal setting serving exceptional food, traditional cask ales, fine wines and expertly-shaken cocktails, as well as luxurious newly refurbished rooms with every creature comfort. Beautiful design, great food, excellent service and a warm welcome await you at The Somerset Arms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Hotel.de so you can book your Somerset Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Arms Hotel Maiden Bradley
- Somerset Arms Maiden Bradley, Wiltshire