A friend of mine lives just up the road from Maiden Bradley, and until now, we've been hard pushed to find somewhere really nice to eat, let alone to stay. And then The Somerset Arms arrived!
The rooms are really lovely, nice one-off furniture bits, trendy wallpaper and a comfy bed, and really good value for money. And the food is really, really nice, with a wide range on offer for someone who is a self-styled foodie, and the portions are a good hearty size. Over two meals I had beef bourguignonne and sausage and mash with red cabbage, both of which were rich and full of flavour. The desserts are also diet-defying...
Also nice to see a wine list which extends beyond a full side of A4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Somerset Arms is a pub-with-rooms, ideally located four miles from Longleat and Stourhead and only 25 minutes from the World Heritage city of Bath. Offering a relaxed, informal setting serving exceptional food, traditional cask ales, fine wines and expertly-shaken cocktails, as well as luxurious newly refurbished rooms with every creature comfort. Beautiful design, great food, excellent service and a warm welcome await you at The Somerset Arms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Somerset Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Arms Hotel Maiden Bradley
- Somerset Arms Maiden Bradley, Wiltshire