“exceeded our expectations!”
Review of Ambraden Pond

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cobble Hill
Ambraden Pond
Ranked #2 of 5 Cobble Hill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We recently spent two nights at Ambraden Pond in celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary. Our stay exceeded our high expectations so much so that it was hard to leave! Joan and Chris are kind and welcoming, the breakfast both mornings was ample and delicious and the home was beautiful, warm and inviting. We wouldn't hesitate to stay at Ambraden Pond every time we're in beautiful British Columbia!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Joan and Chris ( and Lulu the dog) were great hosts during our two day stay at Ambraden Pond. The location is beautiful and their very tastefully appointed home provided roomy, private accommodation for their b and b guests. We will be back.

John and Diana

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Spending two nights at Ambraden Bed & Breakfast was a rejuvenating experience, wanting to be extended. It is a well hidden jewel in the beautiful Cowichan Valley, surrounded by lush forest and reflected in its own mirror-like pond. Ambraden B & B provides contemporary, uncluttered accommodations, with scrumptious breakfasts. Joan and Chris Kolk provide a welcoming, informal atmosphere, setting the tone for the guests' comfort.

We will want to return to Ambraden and its warm hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Judy C
This is a first time that I stayed at a B&B. Joan & Chris were excellent hosts. Breakfast was awesome and the room is comfortable and very clean. The home theatre in the basement is great as well but I would recommend enjoy the outdoor and birds viewing. I would strongly recommend this pleasant and relaxing B&B to anyone who is in the area !

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank judy c
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our night at Joan & Chris' stunning home. A beautiful location, so comfortable and stunning inside and out. Joan and Chris had many recommendations re touring the area. Breakfast was delicious. We hated to leave, and hope to return.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I'm a guy and I hate B & B's. But this B & B I thought was great! My wife loved it, too. So, if you're a guy and want to make your wife happy, stay here. You'll be glad you did.
Read the other reviews if you want details about what to do and what to expect. You won't be disappointed.
This review has to contain 200 characters for it to be accepted, so I will babble about nothing. I wanted guys to know that this accommodation is best for those who prefer not to feel like they are intruding. The home is newly built with this in mind. So, one feels comfortable and private and you do not feel like you are intruding upon the hosts or your other guests.
I hope this is 200 words because, I wanted to share this with the guys.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I have never stayed at a more welcoming, beautiful and relaxing B&B than at Ambraden Pond. My husband stayed at Ambraden Pond for three weeks while working in the area and I visited for a week during that time. The hosts, Joan and Chris, are friendly, helpful and create a welcoming environment for guests. The rooms are large and spacious. The beds have feather mattresses and are very comfortable. The bathroom is large and includes a shower and soaking tub. The house is clean, well maintained and tastefully decorated. The property is surrounded by trees, a deep green meadow, and a pond home to delightful Bufflehead ducks. The breakfasts Joan makes are fabulous and filling, some examples include creme brûlée french toast, frittata, and baked eggs in ham crisps. It was so relaxing eating a tasty breakfast while watching the rain fall on the pond outside. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Joan and Chris and visiting their beautiful area. I would not hesitate to recommend Ambraden Pond and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Mill Bay
Marifield Manor B&B
Marifield Manor B&B
#1 of 9 in Shawnigan Lake

Been to Ambraden Pond? Share your experiences!