“one of the terrible hotels i've been to...”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Garden Hotel

Royal Garden Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ozamiz City
Manila, Philippines
“one of the terrible hotels i've been to...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

as i entered the lobby of the hotel, i can smell the smell of an old building and true enough, the lobby looks so old as well as the fixtures. i was being assisted to my room and got discourage upon seeing it especially the bathroom which is my main concern. the shower is old and the split type a/c is so dirty for i can see the dirt each time i swing the fan.
what made my whole stay terrible and unrelaxing was the noise outside my room. i guess somebody was fixing on something using a hammer or what.
morning came and as i was having my free breakfast w/c i chose to have the hotdogs, i wanted to spit it out from my mouth for it tasted like it's been in the fridge for a hundred years and so, i ordered an american bfast but was able to eat the toasted bread only coz the bacon and the eggs tasted like it had been fry from a used oil... i ended up eating at jbee the whole time...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank traveller02041983
Cherylongyiu L, Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Thank you for your time in expressing the issues you found with our hotel. As much as it is our goal to always exceed our guests expectations, please understand that for some reasons we cannot always give in to all our guest's request . With regards to your breakfast , sorry but as stated in the COMPLIMENTARY Breakfast Coupon, there is a time limit for us to serve these free breakfast and after such time, we cannot anymore serve the complimentary breakfast in order for our kitchen and dining area to be set for it to be able to serve efficiently for lunch.

We do hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to provide you with the type of service that you deserve. And we do like to invite you to come visit us again as we are proud to offer you all our newly renovated rooms with brand new Bathroom facilities including rain showers.

Lastly, as we have already completed all our room renovations, there will no longer be hammer sounds during your stay.

Warm regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bacoor, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

I was given a hotel on the floor which they were doing renovations on when I stayed, and I must say that the renovations are doing the hotel good. The reception and dining area looked very old, so I kinda expected the rooms to be the same... but the rooms are a different story. The room I was put in was new, clean, and spacious. Very different from the scene downstairs. I just hope they do renovations for the lobby and facade, too.

The location is good, very central in Ozamiz, across a grocery store, a bank, and walking distance to a McDonald's.

My only regret is that I didn't ask for a non-smoking room, so my room reeked of smoke the whole time I was there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
10 Thank yjgisaac
Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience at the Royal Garden Hotel. I am very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that the next time you visit Ozamiz City, you will choose to stay with us again. You will be quite impressed with our new updates and improvements as we continue with our hotel renovations.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

Fantastic staff, who are very accomodating only to willing to help, made our stay happy and worthwhile.

The facilites such as rooms, restrooms very substandard owners obviously do not want to upgrade, especially when they advertise "luxury" to which is not a luxury spot, if it is only a place to sleep then it is okay.

The staff make this place tick and make people keep on coming back, not the facilities.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bobot255060
Boise
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

Plumbing and other things are not maintained. Food only fair. Service and staff are excellent. Rooms are cleaned very well daily. There are many better places to visit but if you have to go to Ozamiz City this is your best bet--this is my 4th time here. Rooms start @
995pesos for 2people. Wifi in lobby and food area only.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BoiseDaytripper
South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2010

This hotel obviously never put any of its profits into keeping up the hotel. It is very worn down and in need of a major renovation. All rooms I looked at smelled very musty. Prices were higher than all other hotels I looked at in Ozamiz and I looked at almost all of them one after noon. Hot water was available only a couple hours in the morning and in the evening. Maid service was not automatically done. I had to complain to the front desk to get teh room serviced. I would not stay there again.
I only stayed a few days until I found a much better hotel in all respects and was also cheaper in price.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SouthCarolinaPogiMan

Travellers are raving about these Ozamiz City hotels

philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2010

yep this is great , staff willing to help beond their duty, friendly and curtious. good range of rooms with prices to match

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
#1 of 14 in Ozamiz City
GV Hotel Pagadian City
GV Hotel Pagadian City
#1 of 12 in Pagadian City

Been to Royal Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!