“This is one of the WORST hotel that we have been.”
Review of Royal Garden Hotel

Royal Garden Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ozamiz City
Edmonton, Canada
“This is one of the WORST hotel that we have been.”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

OMG! They don't clean our suite unless we will tell them to do so. And they have the nerve to have suite in their hotel. No soaps no shampoo, NADA in the bathroom , and they put coffee maker without any tea or coffee to make, an absolute disgust to your guests mostly from west. Absolutely poor quality of linens, pillows stink. Nothing in their fridge! And they have to let you take out the key of your room whenever your out and that would also automatically turn off the fridge -are the freakin nuts!!! Terrible free breakfast !!!,Bad service ! I Absolutley DO NOT Recommend this place,

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Bluecrescent
Cherylongyiu L, Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Thank you for your review and comments as these give us the opportunity to improve our amenities and services and rectify our oversight and errors.

We are saddened to know that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Though we always emphasize on customer service and satisfaction, hotel policies still need to be followed. As per our front officer's report, such as your case, a stained towel during your stay with us, we regret to inform you that any damages of hotel belongings shall be to the guest account.

We apologize if our suite room accommodation did not meet your high standard but rest assured we will do our best to meet your satisfaction.

My warmest regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Building looks old from outside with pale paint but doesn't look as old inside the rooms. I guess they have renovated a portion of the interiors at some point. Exhaust must be weak as our room always smell of smoke from the other rooms. Hotel staff like the guards, receptionist and attendant are always courteous but are not knowledgeable on the notable places to eat and see in Ozamis that might be helpful for someone like me who's there for the 1st time. Restaurant staff is another story as they are not so courteous and attentive. You really have to make an effort during breakfast so you can order one of the 3 options available for the breakfast. Nothing much to expect for breakfast except for the convenience as you won't have to go out and find some other place to eat outside the hotel early in the morning. Hotel location is excellent and the "tricycle" local transport is always available to get you around town.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ChiyoSenzaki
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Me and family checked in to this hotel for a couple of times month of JUne,2012 to our trip to Ozamis city, Philippines. We had two double bed. The bedroom is small but the bathroom is enough for you to take a warm shower. The tv is up to date meaning a flat screen and big. The desk is polite and the people that works there too. I called for hot water to make my own tea at night since the restaurant downstairs is closed already and few minutes after that, the guy came in with cups and hot water in the thermos. It you're looking a place to crushed for few days, Royal Garden is a place for you. They're located in the heart of the city. Closed to grocery stores and businesses. You can buy your own food or go to their own restaurant downstairs called La Veranda.

June 2005, I had problem when you get out the place because there were kids or anybody wants to ask money fr you and it is not only in these hotel ,It's everywhere. . Sometimes if you dont give them,they were violent with words and keep following you..Onetime, Somebody approached with my husband asked for money and pinched him. It is hard to give somebody like that esp if the person is from another country.
. I could say that there are some guards there to keep an eyes with their guests for abuse like that. We are in your hotel and we expect some protection fr these kind of people. The people that works in that hotel were nice and very helpful to us when we were there.

This hotel if you own a car. There is a little place for you to park but I dont know how safe it is to park esp at nights.

Room Tip: Use the third floor rooms is more quiter. There is a free breakfast and if you feel like using a va...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tonia S
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 5 January 2012

as i entered the lobby of the hotel, i can smell the smell of an old building and true enough, the lobby looks so old as well as the fixtures. i was being assisted to my room and got discourage upon seeing it especially the bathroom which is my main concern. the shower is old and the split type a/c is so dirty for i can see the dirt each time i swing the fan.
what made my whole stay terrible and unrelaxing was the noise outside my room. i guess somebody was fixing on something using a hammer or what.
morning came and as i was having my free breakfast w/c i chose to have the hotdogs, i wanted to spit it out from my mouth for it tasted like it's been in the fridge for a hundred years and so, i ordered an american bfast but was able to eat the toasted bread only coz the bacon and the eggs tasted like it had been fry from a used oil... i ended up eating at jbee the whole time...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank traveller02041983
Thank you for your time in expressing the issues you found with our hotel. As much as it is our goal to always exceed our guests expectations, please understand that for some reasons we cannot always give in to all our guest's request . With regards to your breakfast , sorry but as stated in the COMPLIMENTARY Breakfast Coupon, there is a time limit for us to serve these free breakfast and after such time, we cannot anymore serve the complimentary breakfast in order for our kitchen and dining area to be set for it to be able to serve efficiently for lunch.

We do hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to provide you with the type of service that you deserve. And we do like to invite you to come visit us again as we are proud to offer you all our newly renovated rooms with brand new Bathroom facilities including rain showers.

Lastly, as we have already completed all our room renovations, there will no longer be hammer sounds during your stay.

Warm regards.

Travellers are raving about these Ozamiz City hotels

Bacoor, Philippines
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I was given a hotel on the floor which they were doing renovations on when I stayed, and I must say that the renovations are doing the hotel good. The reception and dining area looked very old, so I kinda expected the rooms to be the same... but the rooms are a different story. The room I was put in was new, clean, and spacious. Very different from the scene downstairs. I just hope they do renovations for the lobby and facade, too.

The location is good, very central in Ozamiz, across a grocery store, a bank, and walking distance to a McDonald's.

My only regret is that I didn't ask for a non-smoking room, so my room reeked of smoke the whole time I was there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
10 Thank yjgisaac
Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience at the Royal Garden Hotel. I am very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that the next time you visit Ozamiz City, you will choose to stay with us again. You will be quite impressed with our new updates and improvements as we continue with our hotel renovations.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Fantastic staff, who are very accomodating only to willing to help, made our stay happy and worthwhile.

The facilites such as rooms, restrooms very substandard owners obviously do not want to upgrade, especially when they advertise "luxury" to which is not a luxury spot, if it is only a place to sleep then it is okay.

The staff make this place tick and make people keep on coming back, not the facilities.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bobot255060
Boise
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Plumbing and other things are not maintained. Food only fair. Service and staff are excellent. Rooms are cleaned very well daily. There are many better places to visit but if you have to go to Ozamiz City this is your best bet--this is my 4th time here. Rooms start @
995pesos for 2people. Wifi in lobby and food area only.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
#1 of 12 in Pagadian City
Travelbee Heritage Inn
Travelbee Heritage Inn
#1 of 12 in Dapitan City

Been to Royal Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!