“My trips to visit ozamiz”
Review of Royal Garden Hotel

Royal Garden Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ozamiz City
Tequesta
“My trips to visit ozamiz”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel is excellent ,in regards to location and service.i find the people of this region to be kind and very helpful I look forward to saying at the RGHOTEL and visiting the kind folks of this town

Room Tip: I stayed in the suite.70$. It's a greatdeal
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bigjohn2832

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed here back in 2006 and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Extremely good value for money. The restaurant service was excellent as was the food. I love the local cuisine especially their Lumpiang Sariwa. Wish the Chef would send me his recipe. We stayed for a night back in 2011 when there was a false alarm for tsunami and the place had improved radically. The food then was still excellent and I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank PeterDownie1960
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We walked in to this hotel during my cousin's wedding. It was an option as a resting place instead of going straight to the church and venue. However, it was a disaster experience. The city had no electricity that time and the hotel had no generator to back up because as per the "operation manager?- saw it in her nameplate" the generator overheated due to overused!!! We ended up staying in the nearby mall instead of staying in the room. FYI: No apologies from them! I even overheard at the reception one of the wedding organizer already expressing his disappointments.
This is the only "nice" hotel in the city and I know they have a good business BUT they should always have a back-up plan and don't mess up to their guest!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Pyong_Cebu
RGH Team L, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with us during those months of totally NO electricity in Ozamiz City (particularly February - May 2014) . We do have a back up generator but due to very LONG HOURS of "DAILY" blackout in the city, unfortunately, two of our generator sets had some mechanical errors and overheated but this problem was immediately fixed hours after that unfortunate incident as of course we cannot afford to get complaints from all our in-house guest.
We do hope that such incident wont happened again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Ozamiz City hotels

South Carolina
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This hotel was very poor in 2008 when I began my trips to Ozamiz City Philippines. It has been completely renovated and every year since 2008 that I have returned it has improved much more. In my opinion the best Hotel in Ozamiz City and good value for your cost. This year was the first year the lobby and a coffee lounge was added. The two employees that work the coffee lounge are Excellent to say the least. I was in Ozamiz City from October 2013 until the end of January 2014. I stayed ion the hotel about 10 days of that visit (stayed at familys home the remainder of visit) but was at the coffee lounge at least every other day enjoying the great drinks offered by the coffee lounge and the great pasta dishes it offered. I never got to know the 2 regular coffee lounge employees names (a young man and a young woman) but I hope when I return next year they are still there. The location is great and in the heart of the city and everything is within walking distance or a very short trike ride.

Room Tip: Double rooms are nice if only 2 occupying. Price is very reasonable also. To me the suites are too p...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank SouthCarolinaPogiMan
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I booked a 9 night stay in the Royal Suite (P3995 per night) and reading some of the reviews here I was unsure of what to expect.

However, on entering the hotel I was pleasantly surprised. It was spacious, modern looking, clean and I was greated with the famous Filipino smile at the reception desk.

The hotel does not provide breakfast but downstairs adjacent to reception is a small cafe which offers a limited variety of snacks served by staff with beaming smiles.

Down the road is Robinson's supermarket where we bought cereal etc and chose to eat breakfast in the room.

A very special thank you goes to the housekeeping staff who did a superb job of looking after us and the room.

All the staff we came in contact with were very helpful and courteous.

Within the hotel is a restaurant called Hukad which I decided to try one night. I'm a vegetarian and quite happy with simple food and chose Pinakbet which is just vegetables. When it was served it resembled a bowl full of sick and the taste was revolting so much so it was inedible. I asked to speak to the Manager of the restaurant (a young kid around 20 yrs old) and part of his reply to my complaint was "that is our standard here sir." NEED I SAY ANYMORE?

Being totally dissatisfied with his comments I took my complaint to the hotel reception and was informed that Hukad is a separate business and not connected with the hotel. However, the receptionist said she would take up the matter with management.

The following a day a female Manager of Hukad rang the room and in total fairness to her apologised for the experience and offered to refund the cost of my meal.

CONCLUSION:
I'm returning to Ozamiz in 2014 and will be more than happy to stay at the Royal Garden Hotel again.

Here's a BIG thank you to all the staff for making our stay an enjoyable one!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andy G
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I spent 3 weeks there inSept-Oct 2013 and was very happy with the room and staff. It was clean and the staff were always polite, very helpful and would even accommodate any special requests like assisting with deliveries and some travel around the city. I felt safe and secure and it was always a pleasure to wake in the morning to be met with smiling faces. The cost was very reasonable and I would say it is probably the better of any hotels there, I am there again in the new year and will stay here again as I really enjoyed my time at this hotel. Also for meals you cannot go past the restaurant downstairs, the food is fabulous and again the staff go out of there way to ensure a pleasurable time there. I honestly can saythere was nothing that I was displeased with....If your travelling to Ozamiz this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Col A
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 13 September 2013

To be honest, I like this Hotel very much, in fact I will most certainly come back to visit. I had a good and relaxing stay at the Royal In less than five minutes after check-in I was on my way to my room. staff, food and sphere was totally right. The Hotel was clean and nice, with a big room. nice TV, Very professional & friendly people. The staff was without exception extremely friendly and helpful. WiFi was okay! It was only there for a two days, and it was everything I wanted. It was quiet, not many rooms, romantic and calm. Excellent service. I know this Hotel is probably better than most. This was my second trip to the Philippines. I would recommend this place and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Vincent P
RGH Team L, Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Mr. Vincent,

Thank you for making the Royal Garden Hotel your hotel of choice when visiting Ozamiz.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and in particular, the excellent service rendered by our dedicated staff. It is always a pleasure to hear from guests whose expectations are met on each of their stays and we would like to assure you that your positive feedback will be certainly shared amongst our team.

We look forward to welcoming you once more in our hotel and thank you once again for your kind comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozamiz City
#8 of 31 in Cagayan de Oro
GV Hotel Pagadian City
GV Hotel Pagadian City
#1 of 12 in Pagadian City

Been to Royal Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!