I've previously stayed here and had a wonderful time - so when my (then) fiancé and I were looking for a place to stay for our 'mini-moon' I instantly thought of Mottram Hall as its only a short drive for us.
When we arrived after our wedding reception, we had an awful and embarrassing check in experience, largely as we felt that paying cash wasn't what they wanted us to do.
Our room tarrif wasn't correct - but was resolved. But still, annoying after a long day.
Plus, there was only 1 receptionist and a number of people waiting to be seen to.
As I'd contacted the staff before to have non alcoholic wine for our stay (as I'm 6 months pregnant), I found a bottle of Shloer in our room. Yes, a lovely drink, but not wine and certainly not worth the £10 we'd been charged!
We also felt our 'suite' was not a suite and more of a delux room. I've stayed in a number of truly lovely hotels (The Lowry, etc) and know what suites are like!
So, the room. On the ground floor next to a fairly noisy corridor. A face cloth in the bathroom was dirty. Our towelling robes had seen better days. The sink did not drain well. The toilet did not flush well. The extractor fan did not work. The tv had approx 4 channels despite supposedly having full free view. With one window and lots of dark wood our room was dark. The room overall was cramped. Outside on the patio area were glasses and ashtrays which had been there for several days. We know this as there was an old newspaper next to them dated 21st August (it's now 30th).
I had organised a picnic with the guest services via email and it was a let down - overpriced and disappointing.
During our stay the local drain services attended the hotel, but unfortunately the drain must have been outside our room (sods law!) and he's been outside with his generator for over an hour - noisy and a bit unpleasant.
We have cancelled our dinner reservation for this evening as we are so disappointed. We are off to Alderley Edge.
At breakfast this morning, we had gone early but after a few mins there was a big queue if people waiting for food to arrive as the hot buffet had run out. Apart from yogurts, the cold buffet had run out. Apart from all bran & wheetabix, the cereal and pastries table had been almost eaten too. There was also approx 10 people waiting to be seated.
My husband has seen the receptionist a number of times and now has stopped bothering to complain as its plain embarrassing.
I feel totally let down as I convinced my husband to stay here. I'm really upset at our stay in the hotel and its really ruined our one and only chance at a honeymoon before baby comes.
I'm not a high maintenance guest by any means - but at £500 for a 2 night stay, I expect more than at a Travelodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refreshed, Refined, Ready and Waiting.There's nowhere quite like it in Cheshire. The NEW Mottram takes its rightful place as Cheshire's finest golf and leisure resort. Play Championship standard golf all year round and relax in the brand new Claret Jug Clubhouse. Chill-out or work-out in the new state-of-the-art Mottram Hall Club & Spa. Dine on amazing local delicacies and reinventions of fine dining classics courtesy of new Executive Chef Ross Bootland. Finally retire blissfully to the beautifully appointed new style rooms and experience a new level of upgrades with a Chambre Unique bedroom. NEW is very much the order of the day. When it comes to dining, golf or relaxation, you should try something new too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Mottram Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel Mottram St. Andrew
- De Vere Collection
- Mottram Hall Mottram St. Andrew, Cheshire