Stayed at Mottram Hall 2-3 November with friends on a weekend break. Check in was efficient and speedy and we were quickly allocated our rooms. We had lunch in the Claret Jug at the golf club which was quite good. The staff there were very attentive and pleasant and the service was quick. We booked dinner in the Carrington Grill and this was things started to go downhill… my wife ordered a sirloin steak well done and one of our friends ordered a medium rib eye, when the steaks arrived the orders had been mixed up however, when we pointed this out the waiter tried to convince us the fault lied with us and not either himself or the kitchen. That said he did offer to order another steak however, we declined as all the other meals had arrived. To their credit when we pointed this out at check out the young lady handling our check out decided not to charge us for the steak so well done to her for putting this right. My point here is that one particular waiter could learn a thing or two from his colleagues at the Carrington Grill!!!
Breakfast was not that exciting - when we have stayed in similar establishments breakfast is a waiter service and not a buffet - so no poached egg, kippers etc...
Our room was cleaned to a good standard however, we found the bed a bit lumpy - but hotel beds are never perfect... My biggest gripe here is the thinness of the walls between you and your neighbour so we had to listen to next door's hair dryer at 7.00am - it could have been worse….
Overall, it is a very nice hotel in a pristine location but there is some room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refreshed, Refined, Ready and Waiting.There's nowhere quite like it in Cheshire. The NEW Mottram takes its rightful place as Cheshire's finest golf and leisure resort. Play Championship standard golf all year round and relax in the brand new Claret Jug Clubhouse. Chill-out or work-out in the new state-of-the-art Mottram Hall Club & Spa. Dine on amazing local delicacies and reinventions of fine dining classics courtesy of new Executive Chef Ross Bootland. Finally retire blissfully to the beautifully appointed new style rooms and experience a new level of upgrades with a Chambre Unique bedroom. NEW is very much the order of the day. When it comes to dining, golf or relaxation, you should try something new too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mottram Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel Mottram St. Andrew
- De Vere Collection
- Mottram Hall Mottram St. Andrew, Cheshire