“Lovely hotel, will go again”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mottram Hall

Mottram Hall
Lancashire, England, uk
“Lovely hotel, will go again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed at mottram hall for a spa day and stay to surprise my mum. Arrived at 11am and went into use the spa facilities straight away, a lovely lady showed us around gave us dressing gowns and told us where our treatments would be. They have recently refurbished the spa and having been to mottram hall before the refurbishment I would say its been done to a very high standard. They have an outside Jacuzzi and two steam rooms on a deck, these weren't as hot as the indoor steam room but still lovely and relaxing. We then spent the rest of the time before our treatments relaxing round the pool on the lovely soft padded loungers. We then both had massages and facials which were both lovely and relaxing. To end the day we decided to eat in the club house instead of the restaurant , this would be my only gripe of the day as I think £12 is slightly expensive for a burger and fries ! From my past experience the restaurant is also extremely expensive, lesson learned I will eat off site next time ! The room itself is lovely, comfortable beds and clean. Although quite dark with only bedside lights and very hot with no visable temperature controls. Breakfast was lovely and quiet as it was a week day, lots of fresh fruit and pastries, cereals and full cooked breakfast all lovely and fresh. Would stay here again but will definitely eat elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Our room was a twin 333 and it looked over the hotel loading bay, didn't bother us too much as w...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nicki07
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Nicki07,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the spa and leisure facilities, we can appreciate that they are an asset to Mottram Hall.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mottram Hall in the future.

James Stewart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Mottram Hall on a great deal from spabreaks.com. We got two nights of accommodation, breakfast both days, a spa day with two treatments each, afternoon tea and dinner on the first night for £129 each. It felt like a very good deal.

The location and the hotel are beautiful and very relaxing. The food was decent, the staff were very pleasant and the spa facilities are second to none. This was counteracted by a very small and extremely noisy bedroom.

I would've been slightly disappointed had we been paying full price, but with the deal I was perfectly content. A great place for a spa break!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Kate B,

Thank you for your comments that you posted on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that the you were able to relax, enjoy the hotel and it’s facilities but am sorry you were disturbed by noise.

I hope that we would see you back at Mottram Hall in the near future

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Before I start this review - I have previously stayed at Mottram - last December, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

I booked a Chambre Unique room at Mottram Hall for last weekend, for me and my girlfriend. It's in a lovely area, and having visited before - I thought it'd nice to go back and have a relaxing night. Being a young couple, it is intimidating walking into the reception area - when the staff are looking at you like you're dirt, even though I have just paid £125 for 1 night!! The staff member in particular was quite patronizing, and although other guests (with less bags) were offered a porter to their rooms, we wasn't! She didn't even give us a clue as to where the room was! After putting up with that, we decided that we wasn't going to eat at their restaurant - and decided to eat out in Prestbury at Romulus (If you like Italian, you have to eat here - one of the best Italians I have had in England). The room was okay - if not stupidly overpriced. Nothing special for the extra money I had spent.

The next morning, we had to wait around for 15 minutes to get a table for breakfast - again, another annoyance.

After my previous stay, I really thought Mottram Hall would be a nice place to stay for the night, but I feel almost cheated out of such amount of money, as the service we received is something I would expect from a £30 Premier Inn (whose staff, infact - are very friendly and helpful).

Room Tip: Save your money, don't even bother
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mike W,

Thank you for your comments in regard to your recent stay at Mottram Hall. I am sorry that your felt the staff were not welcoming to you. We would like to discuss this further with you and would encourage you to contact Isara Fraser, Front Office Manager via email on isara.fraser@devere-hotels.com.

We hope to hear from you soon.

oxford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Everything perfect from booking to check out.
Rooms too small although they tried to charge £40.00 more to up grade the room within few minutes after the booking which was not good taste at all. The management or Arab ? owners have no respect for the customer by trying insulting them and BTW the hotel does not worth the up grade price at all.
Spa, dinner and breakfast was good as well as all the staff.
Victoria and Galoriela were very courteous and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms they offer first are very small, ask for large rooms on booking or check in. We did not then a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ali7744,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed the spa facilities that we have to offer and that the staff were friendly and courteous to you. I am sorry that you felt the rooms did not meet your expectation.

We hope you do choose to return to Mottram Hall in the future.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

A wonderful, peaceful setting with lovely rooms, terrific staff and a scrummy breakfast.

It's a very modern hotel, but with an old charm feel to it. It was certainly very busy, but the staff had time for everyone and were so helpful.

Couldn't ask for better!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear gareth0,

Thank you for such lovely comments about your stay. We are only too happy that you enjoyed your time at Mottram Hall.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Ashton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Went for a special offer spa day with my friend and our mums and had a fab day from start to finish. Staff were friendly and welcoming and gave us a tour as soon as we arrived. Lovely facilities, good sized lockers, ghd hairdriers and straighteners in changing rooms. Shower gel, shampoo and conditioner provided in the showers. Nice saunas and steamrooms, nice clean pool. Warm by poolside to relax. You are asked to go to relaxation room before treatments and are collected from there. Therapists introduce themselves and are very friendly. Massages were great, we all enjoyed them. My mum said it was the best back massage she'd ever had and she's a bit of a spa connoisseur! The facial with skin analysis was great and we were asked to choose the products we wanted by smelling them. You are given a list of what was used but no hard sell. Everything is explained to you at all times and you are shown back down to the relaxation room afterwards where there is fruit and water waiting. You can get robes if you leave a £10 deposit, but we weren't given slippers. Lunch was provided and was tasty...chicken or veg wrap, couscous, tomatoes and mozzarella, fruit and natural yoghurt. A very good value day, would definitely go back and would recommend it to others!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Nicola S,

I am pleased that your spa day was a great success, thank you for providing feedback in regard to this. I am happy to hear that the spa therapists helped you to relax and that your treatments were enjoyed by all.

We hope to see you return to Mottram Hall in the near future.

Billingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had a weekend break with two friends at Mottram Hall. We booked one golf package and one spa package. One package has dinner both nights but the other only has dinner for one of the two nights. Hotel booked dinner for four one night and then dinner for two the next night-this sums up my thoughts about Mottram Hall. They didn't think that a group of four people would want to eat both nights.

Nice place, rooms are smallish but ok, restaurant is quite smart, food good but service was slow (blame seems to lie in the kitchen not with the serving staff). Spa is good, well equipped and the golf course is well worth playing. Top notch breakfast.

It's not cheap and in some ways it's an odd mix-lovely old country house converted into an hotel but then extended substantially and in doing so loses a bit of charm.

If you're looking for a cosy country retreat this isn't it. Perfectly pleasant, well equipped spa, good golf course, decent restaurant. Overall pretty good but just not special.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Fred H,

Thank you for your comments about you recent stay at Mottram Hall. I am sorry that there was confusion in your meal arrangements, which I understand were resolved. If you would like to discuss this further please contact Isara Fraser, Front Office Manager via email on isara.fraser@devere-hotels.com and she would be able to assist you.

We do hope you do choose to return to Mottram Hall again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mottram St. Andrew
The Midland
The Midland
#14 of 116 in Manchester
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,736 reviews

Been to Mottram Hall? Share your experiences!