we had a 3 night stay in Mottram Hall - Thur/Frid and Saturday - Thursday & friday was peaceful enough but on Saturday night we had 3 rooms next to each other as my brother in aw & his kids stayed with us .. so we were in a family room but it was ridiculous the walls are paper thin we could hear full conversations and other things next door !! even across the hall ... not ideal when your trying to get 2 children to sleep .. needless to say saturday night was long & difficult & we all said never again over a weekend. They seem to group all the family rooms together and I see the logic in that but when its that noisy it is impossible to get a 2 and a 5 year old to sleep !
Good points - Staff are lovely all very friendly and chatty. Restaurant is fabulous the food was exceptional - our waiter Danny was very friendly couldn't do enough to help us & was very good at making recommendations which was good as the menu could do with descriptions other wise you have to guess what the dish name means! The new uniforms look great but the log aprons are a bit OTT they look like they should be in a coffee house .. maybe if they weren't as long !
Swimming pool was lovely nice & warm - The Spa looked lovely will try & get back soon to use it !!
Overall it was a lovely relaxing midweek break , weekend was very noisy & no0t a good sleep.
Big thanks to Ruth, Kendal, Danny & Tom who looked after our party. Service is exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refreshed, Refined, Ready and Waiting.There's nowhere quite like it in Cheshire. The NEW Mottram takes its rightful place as Cheshire's finest golf and leisure resort. Play Championship standard golf all year round and relax in the brand new Claret Jug Clubhouse. Chill-out or work-out in the new state-of-the-art Mottram Hall Club & Spa. Dine on amazing local delicacies and reinventions of fine dining classics courtesy of new Executive Chef Ross Bootland. Finally retire blissfully to the beautifully appointed new style rooms and experience a new level of upgrades with a Chambre Unique bedroom. NEW is very much the order of the day. When it comes to dining, golf or relaxation, you should try something new too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mottram Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel Mottram St. Andrew
- De Vere Collection
- Mottram Hall Mottram St. Andrew, Cheshire