Room had been recently refurbished and was clean, stylishly decorated and of a reasonable size. As mentioned by other reviewers the walls are paper thin, however we were not woken by other guests but instead by three or four staff/cleaners shouting along the corridor at each other at 8am. The self service breakfast was good although there wasn't masses of variety. Being an out of town hotel the quality of the restaurant is important as you become a captive market for them as there is nothing else in walking distance. The Claret Jug (which is part of the golf facilities - don't be put off by that, jeans are allowed!) is a lovely place and the food on the bar menu was excellent and well priced. Unfortunately it only seems to be open for evening food on Fridays and Saturdays so on our second night, Sunday, we had to try the 'Carrington Grill' (the main restaurant where breakfast is served). The food was reasonable but overpriced. Our meal came to £100 but you could have had the same standard at a high street chain for £60. For example, desserts are £7.50 (plus a 10% service charge, so actually £8.25). They were really only £5 desserts i.e. nothing special.
It is a nice hotel in a beautiful location but just didn't quite hit the mark.
One more thing - some of the staff in the restaurant were under trained and not right for a good hotel - 'how are your meals guys?' is for Nando's not for a hotel like this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refreshed, Refined, Ready and Waiting.There's nowhere quite like it in Cheshire. The NEW Mottram takes its rightful place as Cheshire's finest golf and leisure resort. Play Championship standard golf all year round and relax in the brand new Claret Jug Clubhouse. Chill-out or work-out in the new state-of-the-art Mottram Hall Club & Spa. Dine on amazing local delicacies and reinventions of fine dining classics courtesy of new Executive Chef Ross Bootland. Finally retire blissfully to the beautifully appointed new style rooms and experience a new level of upgrades with a Chambre Unique bedroom. NEW is very much the order of the day. When it comes to dining, golf or relaxation, you should try something new too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mottram Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel Mottram St. Andrew
- De Vere Collection
- Mottram Hall Mottram St. Andrew, Cheshire