“The Great the Good and the Bad....”
Review of Mottram Hall

Mottram Hall
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The Great the Good and the Bad....”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Staff are great can't fault them, lovely friendly people who can't do enough for you.
Food both evening and morning was lovely, breakfast a little manic but was still quality food prepared.
Rooms are good not very big but they are clean and have the things you need, hair dryers, iron, kettle, condiments and tv.
Spa treatments are great but are spoilt by the noise of people going into the rooms, doors closing, talking which in affect spoils the experience itself.
Spa facilities, gym looks great swimming pool good however if you wish for a relaxing break then I wouldn't recommend really coming here as there are children in the spa facilities area. I want a relaxing weekend I don't want children around - there are set times but not suitable for someone who likes to go when they want.
Getting to the room isn't the best it's like a maze getting to and from the room to the reception area to then go to the spa. We also could hear everything from next doors room conversations and tv....walls are extremely thin. Cleaner hoovering at 7.30am - no extra sleep even if you wanted it.

Unfortunately its Ribby Hall all the way for me.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank DCIDT
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear DCIDT,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you found the team here at Mottram Hall to be friendly and helpful throughout your stay. I do apologise that you experienced problems with noise during your spa treatment and through the night.

If you wish to discuss this further please contact Isara Fraser, Front Office Manager via email at Isara.fraser@devere-hotels.com and she will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

James Stewart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Knutsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed at Mottram Hall in March 2014 for a family celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary .Every thing was perfect!
The hotel is a pleasant building in a very attractive setting which immediately set the scene for our celebration.With the attention to detail provided by Mottram Hall's Matthew, we made the arrangements several months in advance and every thing went exactly to plan on the day-thank you so much Matthew.Your arrangement to reserve the library for our exclusive use during the afternoon certainly greatly enhanced our experience.
The decor in our superb bedrooms was excellent and the whole family had a very comfortable night( was the wonderful sunrise over the gardens next morning also arranged by the hotel? - what a finishing touch! )
Dinner in the evening was made very special with our annexe and large table beautifully arranged with great attention having been paid to the all important details.The food was excellent with first class presentation and service.
None of the forgoing exceptional service could have been provided without outstanding contributions from the whole team at Mottram Hall who looked after us so well in so many ways too numerous to mention individually.A huge thank you to each and every one of you-we wish you and the hotel well for the future and look forward to joining you again in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: Suites over looking the gardens are large, quiet and sunny.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John T
Dear John T,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you celebrated your 50th Wedding anniversary with us here at Mottram Hall and that you found your stay to be so perfect. Thank you for the comments in regards to the team it is great to hear such positive words and how they all provided such an exceptional service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mottram Hall in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Helped organise a conference recently and it ran very smoothly both before and during the event. The staff are very attentive and polite. A special thanks to Carolyn Moston for her organisational skills and James who looked after us.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Cris1343,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you found all the team efficient and polite and that the conference ran smoothly.

We hope you would chose to return to Mottram Hall in the future.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at Mottram Hall and each time I have been disappointed with my hotel stay. Check in / check out is slow and a mess; it is a sit down desk and people are falling over each other and bags to try and find somewhere to stand in a walkway from the front door to the bar and restaurant. I found the front of house customer facing staff short on manners, politeness and professionalism. I explained not to charge my room to my credit card as it was being paid by the company who made the booking. They charged my card and when I phoned to explain the mistake it was clearly my fault and the lady was very unhelpful in trying to resolve the issue; I had to encourage her to send me an email to confirm that the correct charging and reimbursement to my card had happened. I was allocated a room on the first floor, when trying to find the room the room number signs displayed on the walls were incorrect and I wandered aimlessly following signs looking for my room. On the wall of my room there was nasal discharge smeared and looked to have been there a while. I was awoken around 05:30 by a reversing wagon bleeping outside of my window and loud voices. So come on Mottram Hall sort yourself out and create an environment that warrants a luxury hotel and matches the superb golf facilities and course to match.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the car park very noisy at 06:00 with reversing wagons
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JW7RED
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear JW7RED,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss this further with you and ask that you contact Isara Fraser, Front Office Manager via email at Isara.fraser@devere-hotels.com.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Blackpool, England
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed at the De Vere Mottram Hall on a Sunday night golf package on 23rd March 2014. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, everything went perfectly. The golf course, hotel and food were all of a high standard and there was even a car parking space reserved with my name on it! This was the first time most of our group had played Mottram Hall but we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Russvilla
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Russvilla,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased that your whole team enjoyed your recent golfing break here at Mottram Hall.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We fell in love with Mottram Hall the first time we visited and looked no further when selecting a venue for our wedding. Having booked the venue 18 months ago, I have read many mixed reviews about the venue and at times I was aprehensive as to whether we had made the right choice. I can honestly say that I had absolutely nothing to worry about as the service that we recieved was outstanding from start to finish.

The venue itself is beautiful and the recent rennovations offer a comfortable & quality finish which screams luxury. The night before the wedding I stayed in the Cheshire Suite which was just beautiful and extremely spacious. We had invited 140 day guests to the wedding, many of which were staying at the hotel. Check in was a dream - guests were offered a seat and a drink in the bar whilst their cases were taken to their rooms and despite some last minute room change requests the reception staff pleasant, accomodating and tried to do what they could to meet the requests and keep the guests happy.

In the lead up to the wedding, Netty was incredibly helpful and was on hand to deal with last minute changes and requests. She did so in a polite and professional manner and then handed over to the operations team led by Danny Jones on the day. In my meeting with Danny the night before the wedding, Danny assured me that it was his job to make sure that the wedding went without a hitch and he stood by his word. Danny is incredibly passionate about his job and takes a great deal of pride in impeccible execution. The timing went like clockwork, the food and service was fantastic and may guests commented that one of the nicest things for them was to be served by a team of people who were polite, courteous and always smiling. The attention to detail was incredible and the bar staff were also fantastic, mixing up gorgeous cocktails for our guests and making the experience truly wonderful.

Danny and his team worked up until midnight the night before the wedding to ensure that everything was perfect and I daresay they also worked well into the early hours after the wedding to clear the room down after the party had finished at 1am.

I would also like to mention Alison from Lasting Memories. Alison was recommended to us by the hotel as someone who might be able to provide chair covers and sashes, however on meeting Alison and seeing the way that she dressed the venue, I immediately booked her as our venue dresser and i'm so glad I did. Alison is incredibly talented and transformed the St Andrew Suite throughout the day from ceremony, through to wedding breakfast through to evening function room. She brought me in to see the room the night before the wedding and it genuinely brought a tear to my eye. Alison had created a fantastic Vintage / Summer Garden ambience with her use of candles, trinkets & flowers and once again we had many compliments about the originality of the dressing and attention to detail. I can't thank Alison enough for all her hard work.

A final mention has to go the Ken who was our toastmaster. The perfect gentleman, Ken was on hand to put everyone at ease and also to ensure the day flowed without a hitch. He immediately made us feel relaxed and comfortable and said a couple of words for us during the wedding breakfast which made the crowd layugh. Another member of the Mottram team who takes a great deal of pride in what he does and a pleasure to work with on the day.

We opted for the chicken liver parfait, lamb and sticky toffee pudding for our wedding breakfast - all of which was delicious and washed down nicely with the argentinian wine.

Many of our guests took advantage of the spa during their stay and said it was fantastic. Overall I really couldn't fault Mottram - they made our wedding perfect and the best day of our lives.

We hope to visit and re-live the memories time and time again.

Room Tip: The Cheshire Suite was outstanding...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stacey s
Dear stacey s,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased to hear that all the Team were able to make sure your wedding day was so special and perfect and that all your guests had an enjoyable time too.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mottram Hall in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

excellent spa day with lovely facial and hot stone massage from Elaine (friendly, efficient and professional). The best thing about this place though was the outside sauna and steam rooms; the Brechelbath and Stonebath. The Brechelbath is a mild heat sauna strewn with pine leaves. the smell is beautiful. The Stonebath contains what looks like a medieval torture unit but is, in fact, a mechanism for heating hot stones. I could have watched it for hours - hypnotic!
The pool is lovely (made for relaxing rather than serious swimming) and the facilities are all spotless.
We had lunch in the Library - just off the bar - food was good, especially the treacle tart with ice cream!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear 13Lin13,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Tripadvisor in regards to your recent Spa day. I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable and relaxing day; The Alfresco Thermo Space is certainly an asset to Mottram Hall.

We do hope you would choose to return to us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mottram St. Andrew
The Midland
The Midland
#14 of 117 in Manchester
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,805 reviews

Been to Mottram Hall? Share your experiences!