It’s a short drive from the international airport (MAN; ~40€). Advance request for early check-in was honored even though I arrived at 0800. The hotel is a converted country estate house. It was a maze to get to the room, up a flight of stairs, down narrow winding halls, down a flight of stairs, with a wrong turn to two on the way. The carpeting is showing it’s age, as are all the windows, which assure plenty for fresh air exchanges, even when shut tight. Bathroom was clean and contemporary. Bed was very comfortable. Despite the fact that much of it is made of stone, there was a surprising amount of outdoor and next door noise. No problem for me, I was dog tired throughout my stay. Dinner at the Carrington Grill was not exceptional but good and filling. Same for the Claret Jug, which offers somewhat more casual environment at the clubhouse. The Cocktail Bar & Library felt “odd”, though all was overlooked after a round or two. Selection of libations in all 3 is good. I might stay here again, as it was convenient to my meetings and is in an idyllic part of the Isles. If you’re without a car (as I was) and looking for diversion away from the hotel (I was not), this may not be the place for you. Aside from communing with nature (and it is at its loveliest here, in the Spring) there doesn’t appear to be anything around for many, many miles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refreshed, Refined, Ready and Waiting.There's nowhere quite like it in Cheshire. The NEW Mottram takes its rightful place as Cheshire's finest golf and leisure resort. Play Championship standard golf all year round and relax in the brand new Claret Jug Clubhouse. Chill-out or work-out in the new state-of-the-art Mottram Hall Club & Spa. Dine on amazing local delicacies and reinventions of fine dining classics courtesy of new Executive Chef Ross Bootland. Finally retire blissfully to the beautifully appointed new style rooms and experience a new level of upgrades with a Chambre Unique bedroom. NEW is very much the order of the day. When it comes to dining, golf or relaxation, you should try something new too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mottram Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel Mottram St. Andrew
- De Vere Collection
- Mottram Hall Mottram St. Andrew, Cheshire