“Lovely restaurant in Grand Bourg”
Review of Maria Galanda - CLOSED

Maria Galanda
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: Caribbean, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2016

Maria Galanda is an absolutely lovely dining experience. The restaurant is owned and run by a French husband and wife team, each of whom work hard to treat their patrons to top service and a good meal. The dining room is set in a garden, surrounded by stone walls. The menu was varied - and though our first courses were generally better than our mains, I would hesitate to return to try other choices offered. Dessert was delicious, the wine list was ample (especially on a small island) and the selection of rums - try sipping one after your meal - interesting and copious.

Reviewed 25 December 2015

My girlfriend and I had a great meal here. The place looks very basic from the outside, but it beautiful inside. It's built into an extremely old stone building. The waitstaff was very accommodating, and helped us understand (we speak very little French). The whole meal was great. The drinks as well. The only thing I could improve would be the desert. We had the bananas flame. It was fine, but somehow not as special as the rest of the meal. But don't let that deter you. 5 stars

Reviewed 2 December 2014

The food is great, the service is good, the ambience is on par with the small island. I used to eat here often with my visitors who enjoyed the food. I am nostalgic now to visit again for their great sea food.

CELINE G, Propriétaire at Maria Galanda, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2014

Thank you very much, it was a pleasure ! maybe see you later !

Reviewed 14 November 2014

Traveling the world and on my own sailing yacht , I have seen may restaurants all over the world. This place was a total surprise to me. Not only was the food 5star, the service from the host and chef was far and beyond !
Would go back anytime and recommend to anybody. Thanks and I hope to be back one day.
Wolfgang, USA

Thank you ! It's very kind of you. We hope see you soon !

Reviewed 14 November 2014

We stumble on the restaurant at the lunch time in the middle of low season when all others were closed. I am glad we decided to ride our bikes down the road the restaurant was. The owner was very pleasant and for a small price of the lunch we did not expect much. What a surprise! We had the best meal ever.
We run a charter operation and now good food, this was beyond good, it was absolutely divine. The owners are lovely and everything was just perfect. The restaurant is very well appointed and has lots of charm, I wish we would have time to do dinner with them, next time for sure. Treat your self to an amazing meal.

Thank you very much ! We hope see you soon for dinner !