“Beautiful restaurant with excellent food”
Review of Maria Galanda - CLOSED

Maria Galanda
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: Caribbean, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2017

We were just passing through Grande-Bourg on other business, but saw this restaurant which looked tempting from the outside and looked spectacular on the inside with a whole jungle growing in there. It was actually a few minutes before they officially opened, but they very nicely rushed around a bit on our behalf and seated us anyway.

All the of the items we ordered were nicely presented and well prepared. This restaurant is a grade or two up from the beach restaurants we had been eating in and it was a pleasure to eat there.

Reviewed 9 January 2016

Maria Galanda is an absolutely lovely dining experience. The restaurant is owned and run by a French husband and wife team, each of whom work hard to treat their patrons to top service and a good meal. The dining room is set in a garden, surrounded by stone walls. The menu was varied - and though our first courses were generally better than our mains, I would hesitate to return to try other choices offered. Dessert was delicious, the wine list was ample (especially on a small island) and the selection of rums - try sipping one after your meal - interesting and copious.

Reviewed 25 December 2015

My girlfriend and I had a great meal here. The place looks very basic from the outside, but it beautiful inside. It's built into an extremely old stone building. The waitstaff was very accommodating, and helped us understand (we speak very little French). The whole meal was great. The drinks as well. The only thing I could improve would be the desert. We had the bananas flame. It was fine, but somehow not as special as the rest of the meal. But don't let that deter you. 5 stars

Reviewed 2 December 2014

The food is great, the service is good, the ambience is on par with the small island. I used to eat here often with my visitors who enjoyed the food. I am nostalgic now to visit again for their great sea food.

CELINE G, Propriétaire at Maria Galanda, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2014

Thank you very much, it was a pleasure ! maybe see you later !

Reviewed 14 November 2014

Traveling the world and on my own sailing yacht , I have seen may restaurants all over the world. This place was a total surprise to me. Not only was the food 5star, the service from the host and chef was far and beyond !
Would go back anytime and recommend to anybody. Thanks and I hope to be back one day.
Wolfgang, USA

Thank you ! It's very kind of you. We hope see you soon !