Booking a holiday in faith that the website will look like the brochure.
A word of warning to ANYONE who books through Internet companies.
When we arrived to Barton View we initially found the grounds to be a building site, and nothing that resembled the description or photographs that are on your Country Cottages website.
There IS no VIEW, downstairs from the rear is a high wooden fence, to the side is a view of a dilapidated slate building. When we opened one of the upstairs bedrooms we saw a caravan to the right, big dogs and plenty of dog excrement...
We wondered why is the place called Barton View???
Compare this ...
On arrival we noticed the following issues:-
- All 3 toilets needed cleaning, they had hairs and excrement from the previous occupants.
- Talc powder from the last people down the side of the bath
- Dust on and around the TV in lounge and window sill.
This is after we had seen a notice from the owners telling us that this was a 5* property and that the property had "Professional cleaners". What a joke!
We then noticed:-
- The outside BBQ was filthy.
- Bottom of the oven not working.
- Vanity unit light in the upstairs bathroom not working.
- Light in the living room / lounge flickered as if loose wire.
- Vent (Velux window) in the front upstairs twin room didn't close.
- And the "Advertised" feature of the Jacuzzi didn't work; much to the disappointment of my in-laws who both suffer joint problems and were looking forward to a soak in the bath.
- Also Known As:
- Barton View Cornwall/Delabole