“Delicious, genial host”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Eaten here a couple of times over the years but went there last night with a family group. Cosy, shabby chic surroundings and an excellent menu. Thoroughly enjoyed by all. Will be back again without hesitation. Nice to find somewhere else to go on our doorstep. Grown up night out.

2  Thank Jacqueline H

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Went out for the first time in years to Harmony Hill, lovely secluded building in its own grounds. We were there for a 'special' meal for our wedding anniversary. We were greeted at the door by the host, transported into a relaxed lounge area - and settled into an ancient comfort first sofa and given the menu and drinks. 5 minutes in and already relaxed. The menu, whilst small, was worded like an adventure novel and filled us with anticipation. A drink and some storytelling later and off to the bijou dining room. Food was superb - couldn't be faulted. Pork cooked so well im not sure ill eat it anywhere else and a chicken dish that literally looked nearly as good as it tasted - it tasted good! Cheeseboards and desserts out of the way and we barely noticed wed been there nearly three hours - It was exactly what was wanted - an evening out with no stress.
Now - Its not cheap, not even remotely, and there's no apologies made for it But i wouldn't hesitate to go back - the difference in quality for the sake of a few quid was apparent.

1  Thank Jonny H
Reviewed 23 April 2012

lovley food, freshly prepared reasonable choice and very tasty

2  Thank nikiathome2
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Loved the whole experience. A really beautiful, atmospheric old house. Lots of narrow passageways. Hidden doors. The host was the best thing on the menu. I asked for a glass of Chardonnay only to be informed that he didn't like it so didn't serve it he instead brought me a glass of another white wine which he informed me was a white Zinfandel and that if I didn't like it, I didn't have to pay for it. I had the steak which was beautifully cooked exactly as I liked it. The dessert was a simple apple crumble and custard but totally melted with great taste. Earlier I had asked for a Calvados and was told they only used that for the pork dishes in such a cheeky way that we were all in stitches. I thought I was going to burst with laughter when the host actually produced half a bottle of Calvados, liberally coated with flour, and invited me to help myself as the pork tenderloin had not been ordered that night. Completely enjoyable experience, great food well cooked, fantastic atmosphere and a superb host. Have added it to my special list of favourite eateries.

2  Thank Gerald E
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The best food i have tasted in Northern Ireland. Hard on my wallet but well worth it for a special occasion

2  Thank travelalot2011