Tankah Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$179
US$170
  • Breakfast included
US$350
Travelocity
US$410
US$392
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Jashita(Soliman Bay)(Great Value!)
US$643
US$57
Mestizo Gallery(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$86
All reviewsfree kayakshighly recommend renting a carbreakfasts were greatmini fridgenext morningtulum beachevery morningpanchorocksmuyilcenoteoceancancunxelchichenyucatanbreeze
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2007

I traveled around the Yucatan for about a month with my girlfriend in August, 2006. Part of our trip took us through Tulum. We rented a beachfront palapa at Cabanas Copal. It was beautiful, but the heat was absolutely unbearable. We took sleeping pills and still could not fall asleep until we went and slept in the car with the AC on. We decided to try to find a hotel in the vicinity, and we read about the Tankah Inn, which is about a 10 minute drive from Tulum.

I've read some of these reviews about Willie being crazy, etc. That certainly was not my experience. We walked in and Willie was very nice--he showed us the available rooms, and told us about the common room, honor bar, etc. The rate was very reasonable, and the room was exactly what we wanted--it was clean and nice looking, and had ample AC and bottled water. We spent the next two nights there and it was the perfect jumping-off point for exploring Tulum.

Might be difficult to travelers without cars, but if you have a car and are looking to visit Tulum without suffering in the oppressive summer heat, Tankah is a great option.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ds1092
Reviewed 10 January 2007

We were worried about management as we had booked and paid prior to reading some of the negative comment here.

We arrived at the Tankah Inn on Tankah bay. Fortunately we found management quite nice indeed.

We did enjoy our stay very much. The Inn is quite nice and the breakfast was great. The beach is nice but you have to search for a sandy entry.

Snorkeling was great. Loved the view from the Great room balcony. There are books to borrow and there are cold drinks available on the honor system.

All in all, would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MorrisWilliam
Reviewed 21 October 2006

Tankah Inn is a small hotel located on a beautiful beach 9km north of Tulum. The rooms are large and clean, with excellent beds. No clock or TV. Above the rooms is a large common area/resturant and a balcony overlooking the beach.

Excellent beach, with a palapa containing comfortable hammocks. The sand beach turns to iron shore at the waterline, so you will need water boots to enter the water. The hotel provideds kayaks to reach the reef.

The reef offers excellent snorkeling in a sheltered bay. Tulum town is a short ride, and there are several dinning options within walking distance.

If you are looking for a relaxed stay, without pre-structured diversions, this hotel is highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
4  Thank winnydpu
A TripAdvisor Member
Vicksburg, MI
Reviewed 6 May 2005

We spent the first week of April at the Tankah Inn. The hotel was wonderful. A beautiful view and a quiet beach. (Although it is a bit rocky for easy swimming.) Our problems did not come from the hotel itself or the location, but rather the owner. We had read many reviews that said how wonderful Willie is. Well, he is not a pleasant man at all. He was short tempered and yelled at us daily for things we had no control over or that were really no big deal. He actually yelled about buying fruit for breakfast because there were to many people at the hotel. (We had booked the entire hotel for a week.) Bottom line is, we paid Willie a lot of money to stay at his hotel only to be verbally abused by him. We would definitely return to Tankah Bay, but would NEVER stay at Tankah Inn again. One of the older reviews read that "Willie Rocks." Well, not anymore!

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 April 2005

We had stayed at this motel last year and thought it was ok. So we went back this year. Our plane arrived late and we had some trouble with the rental car so arrived about 11pm instead of the 9pm we had expected as the plane was due to arrive at 7pm in Cancun . I went up the next morning to get breakfast and Willie started screaming at me and my children to get out. I was in shock. We had all planned to go diving there.
Over and over again. Not like a normal person. I have 8 years of college and he scared me and my children. He said he had some party to go to and we had made him miss it last night to "GET THE $%^$ OUT AND NEVER COME BACK" It was pretty sorry as we were returning clients and he would also not serve us the included breakfast and wouldnd quit yelling at me and my young children- and I do mean yelling - you could have heard him 50 yeard away. YOU MADE ME MISS MY PARTY OVER AND OVER.. I would never feel safe staying there again.
Bill that booked the trip offered a refund for a lack of breakfast which I refused as it was not his fault at such improper behavior, he did his job well in the booking. We then went to a wonderful place in Xcalack and had a great time. I am a little afraid to post this review. I have never seen anyone act so out of control.

• Stayed: March 2005