“Great family park”

NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Umina Beach
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in January and had a great time. There is so
Many things to do that we rarely left the park. Our kids are Very young and still talk about their holiday. The park itself is well maintained and many staff can be seen throughout the day keeping it clean and tidy. The only problem was that there was always a wait to use the shower block and toilets that are closest to the camping area. There us certainly a need during peak times for more. The other thing that is not the parks fault is that we were surrounded by smokers, so out tent seemed to always be filled by cigarette smoke. Overall we had a great time and are looking forward to heading back in January again.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Happycampingtrailer
Management response:Responded 21 July 2014

Thank you for sharing this lovely review and for your great recommendation. It is truly wonderful to hear that your kids are still talking about their fantastic holiday at Ocean Beach. We are always looking to improve the services and facilities on offer, so thank you for your feedback on the amenities blocks.

We are looking forward to seeing your family again in January.

Lizzie
Guest Relations Officer

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I am a bit late writing this review but our family stayed in January 2014 in the cabins closest to the pool. I dont have a bad word to say. Gorgeous clean park, awesome facilities for the kids, close to the beach, shops, many parks and a beautiful walk to the surf club. Staff seemed polite, park is a little pricey but for what you get and the location, I think its absolutely worth it. Will be booking again for October or November this year again. My kids loved it! Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Crappppe S
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review, we always love when our guests share the highlights of their stay; we were delighted that your family had such a fun-filled time.

We are looking forward to seeing your family again later this year.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

First the good things:- beautiful location, cafe makes good food and is good for picking up couple grocceries. Good family atmosphere throughout the park.

The not so good things:- the booking process for camp and van sites needs improving, the first in best dressed system does not apply here, meaning you will be placed where ever management feel fit. (Not a very fair system) it appears management are to interested in filling the park as opposed to customer satisfaction.

Bathroom facilities though cleaned three times a day during peak seem dirty and discusting just 15mns after there reopen after cleaning.

Reception staff appear stressed leading to rudeness. We all get frustrated at times, but your job is to help people check in and assist with their needs. Maybe reception staff need incentives to smile and be nice to their customers or bring in new faces to replace. These people are the face of the park and should be welcoming and bright eyed.

Spa is cold - a spa is supost to be hot and bubbly.

Pool can be accessed by outsides , this causes pool to be extra crowed especially during peek holiday period.

We have been coming to this park for 5years now and have had some mixed memories. Due to the locate of the park it's a huge draw card, we are booked in the upcoming Christmas period and hope that this years experience is a positive one.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Skye K
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share this review from your stay in December 2013. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the wonderful atmosphere of the park, and appreciate your feedback on some areas where we can improve.

Regarding the booking of sites, present guests are given first preference when rebooking the same site for the same dates the following year. Every effort is made to accommodate all other requests for specific sites, unfortunately however these cannot be guaranteed. We do make note of special requests and do try to meet as many of these requests as possible.

We apologise for the lack of cleanliness you found in the amenities block. As you pointed out, in peak periods these buildings are cleaned three times per day, with regular spot checks conducted throughout the day by staff. There is no excuse for poor cleanliness so while ideally you should not have to, for future reference should you find the amenities to be in a condition with which are you are not happy, please do not hesitate to inform the staff so that we may organise to have them cleaned immediately.

The safety and security of our guests is very important to us, so we do have an arm-band system in place to ensure the chances of non-guests using the facilities are minimal. Staff are vigilant in conducting arm-band checks, especially in peak periods, and any person found not wearing theirs must show proof that they are a guest. This ensures that the facilities our guests are paying for are made available solely for their use.

We are looking forward to welcoming your family back this Christmas and sharing an memorable experience with you.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I joined another family at the resort with five children between us. Thanks to the great staff and activities the kids looked after themselves for the majority of the time with just the usual parental checks. It was just a great break for us knowing we didn't have to entertain the kids. This was our first family holiday in a caravan park with friends and we will definitely be going back. We stayed in the plantation villa's which were very comfortable and central. A great holiday and highly recommended.

Room Tip: This time of year it would be good to get one with a verandah that gets the morning sun.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bonniekiama
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for coming to stay with us and for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear that the kids had such a fun time and made the most of so many activities and facilities we have on offer. It sounds like everyone had a really amazing experience!

We would love to welcome you all back in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Located in Umina, only 1 hour from Sydney, Ocean Beach Holiday Park is a wonderful family campsite close enough to Sydney that a weekend break is feasible while a longer family holiday is enjoyable in a venue with so many great features, children of all ages will have fun.

There is a large heated outdoor pool with a water slide. The kids were in heaven sliding over and over again. There is also a toddlers pool and warm spa. They have recently added a new Waterpark (separate to the Pool) which is fantastic and has water shooting from spouts & nozzles, dropping and splashing everywhere.

Read the full review here: http://www.mumsdelivery.com.au/details.php?p_id=2374

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MumsDelivery .
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for sharing this review of your experience at Ocean Beach Holiday Park. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your holiday with your family. We are very pleased to hear that the range of facilities, activities and entertainment on offer were highlights for the kids!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here in April this year and our room was one of the older cabins at the back of the park.

I wrote a list of all the things that were wrong with the room when we arrived which forced us to leave the next morning.

- A/C remote wasn't working so I had to power the AC on / off from the wall
- When the A/C was on, it smelt like cigarette smoke (in a non smoking room)
- The bedroom door was jamming and I had to get maintenance to fix it
- The ceiling fan was covered in dust so I couldn't use it.
- The room had severe drafts with air coming in at night making it too cold
- The room smelt like rotting old carcus... or something similarly bad and was most unpleasant
- The furniture was old and extremely uncomfortable, particularly the living room lounge which we simply couldn't use
- The TV in the living room was too high up to watch comfortably.

The final most horrible thing we couldn't put up with was the roaches. As soon as we arrived we noticed roaches crawling all over the place.. This prevented us from unpacking immediately. I purchased some surface spray and sprayed the room before we unpacked but that didn't stop them. They crawled everywhere throughout the night (I stayed up late and saw them everywhere).

I didn't bother bringing these problems up with management. I was far too upset to give Management an opportunity to redeem themselves and had seen far too much to care for staying for my intended period.

I have never had such a horrible first impression and especially the amount of roaches crawling over the place is something I have never seen in all my travels.

I will never return to this park.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank r-to-the-z
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you bringing this feedback from your experience in April to our attention. We are truly very sorry that you have been left with such a poor impression of our park, as this is certainly not our intention and we thank you for highlighting areas where we can improve.

We were extremely alarmed to read your review of your accommodation as we have never had a report of this nature in the past. Our management team immediately attended all cabins in the park to guarantee this was an isolated incident, and found that there were no cockroaches in any of the accommodation. In conjunction with our park-wide bi-annual pest control program, we have a maintenance and spring cleaning program that will see the majority of cabins upgraded in the winter months.

As you would have found when our maintenance team came to fix the jammed door, we welcome all of our guests to report any issues or concerns they have so that we may resolve them immediately and make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.

We understand and apologise that you felt you were unable to speak to management about your concerns at the time of your stay, so thank you for sharing your experience here.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had a problem with my car on the way up from Sydney on Friday night and left it to the next morning to look at, as I had a fair idea what was wrong. In the morning I had a look and confirmed my diagnosis, I went to reception to find some information on repairers and the staff could not have been more helpful, they spent 20Mins or so trying to help me find local repairers, but being the Saturday morning of a long weekend, we didn't have a great deal of luck in the end I decided to call out the NRMA.
We decided to call the local hire car company and when we did, we found that the staff at the Park had already called and warned them that we may be coming, they had also organised for us to get an upgrade on our hire car, I didn't realise they had arranged that until they asked if I'd hired a car that evening when I was walking through the park.
I can't get my car fixed until this week sometime and the park has allowed me to leave my caravan there until I can pick up my car which could be one to two weeks, although I hope to get it this week some time. At this stage there has been no talk of storage charges, however, I would not begrudge them anyway, I will post the results of that when I get my van.
Now for the rest of the park.
The park is quite large and has a lot of sites of various levels, from un-powered camping to en-suite, we had a premium powered site as there are only a few en-suite sites, the slab for the van and annex were large enough to do the job with ample parking space. the only criticism is that the access roads, near the front of the park, are quite narrow and will take a lot of your reversing skill to get the van onto the site if the park is full, I couldn't be bothered trying, it was easier to unhitch and push it onto the site and then re-hitch to push it up the lip of the slab, however, only a minor inconvenience.
There are two amenities blocks onsite, the newer one by the water park is the best, I suspect that its recently been renovated, the showers have an 8 min timer and the water pressure is good. the older amenities block id nearer to the front of the park, it is looking a little tired and is due for renovation, the showers have 5 min timers and the water pressure is poor.
The water park is new and in great condition does not require fencing as there is no standing water, but my daughter loved it, even though she came back blue.
The swimming pool looks nice and has a tropical feel, my daughter used it and had fun, I suspect that in the warmer months that space around the pool will be at a premium.
The games room was clean and tidy and the equipment seemed to be in good condition.
There were plenty of supervised activities for the kids, my daughter even took a surfing lesson.
The beach is a lovely spot, however, if you do not like dogs it may not be a pleasant experience, although all of the dogs that I encountered were well behaved and friendly, almost all of the dogs were off leash.
I will definitely be going back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark B
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for leaving this lovely review of your recent experience. All of our staff members work very hard, and often go above and beyond to ensure our guests have an exceptional experience so it is wonderful to hear the superior customer service you received from the reception staff enhanced your experience.

We appreciate your kind words about so many of the great features of the park and facilities we have on offer, and your feedback on the grounds and amenities has been noted. We were very pleased to hear how much your daughter enjoyed the pool, Splash Away Bay Waterpark and her surfing lesson despite the cold!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Umina Beach
#2 of 2 in Ettalong Beach
Avoca Beach Hotel & Resort
Avoca Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Avoca Beach

Been to NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!