“A very cosy townhouse in a beautiful and friendly...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Durrieu
Paris, France
“A very cosy townhouse in a beautiful and friendly village”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We had a great week in the townhouse of Ruth and Gianni. The house is lovely and fully equipped for cooking. Futhermore the upper floor was devoted to the kids with games and TV. There are a lot of guides for visiting, biking or walking in the region and the owners gave us the best advices (places to swim, good shops, ...). The village is very friendly and not so full of turists as they often are in the North of Tuscany. At the beginning of August, a lot of events are organised with music and good food. The people of the village were very nice and friendly and there are all the relevant shops. The village location is also very interesting. One can visit the beautiful cities of Siena or Pienza and Orvieto in South Umbria. But also we had great swimming in lake Bolsano or in some lovely rivers and nice walks or visit in the hills near villages close to Proceno. Eventually we could also visit some Estruscan interstibg sites. For us, it was a very good balance of rest, walks and cultural visits in a confortable house and a welcoming village.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Reviewed 5 November 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
NVW671
Brussels, Belgium
“All the ingredients for a truly enjoyable holiday”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 for a stay in August 2013

I had a very enjoyable sojourn in the town Proceno and surrounding rural countryside dotted with charming villages and historical towns. What made it particularly pleasurable was being able to return to a truly comfortable, relaxing home environment after a day of sightseeing.

Before taking my trip, I had searched the area for places to stay and found that, while most of the towns offered varied accommodations, the costs were quite high for my budget. Besides, I also wanted a place that was not isolated in the countryside. I finally decided on Casetta il Poggio for its convenient location and reasonable price. On arriving, I was rather pleasantly surprised by my choice. I had a very nice reception and introduction to the home and town from the owners, Ruth and Gianni.

The townhouse being located in the historical center made it easy to shop for groceries or get a drink at the local café.
I loved the Tuscan tiles and local décor of the house as well as being able to cook a few Italian dishes in a well-equipped kitchen. It was also an extra pleasure to do my morning wash-up in a stone inlaid shower.

Besides the comforts of home, however, I was impressed by the atmosphere of the town and surrounding area. While I was there (from August 1st to the 15th), there were various local initiatives, among which a “sagra dell’aglio” (garlic festival) where I found out that garlic isn’t just garlic, and a “sagra della bruschetta”, where I learned the true art of making bruschetta, clearly improved by using local olive oil. There was also a week when the local vineyards were open for wine tasting. I soon discovered that most of the towns throughout the area had festivals (religious as well as food and wine tasting). It turned out to be much more than I had expected when booking the townhouse. Each day I was able to explore the towns and places I had heard about in the area and discover others like Castel Giorgio, Sorano, Pitigliano, Lake Bolsena to mention just a few. This region of Italy is truly lovely.

I had gone on this holiday to relax and enjoy the local regional flavors; I never imagined I would experience so much more.

I will definitely return to Casetta il Poggio on my next trip to Italy.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Its charm and added extras like basic food products stocked for guests.
Liked least: Steep staircase on last floor.
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ASPEN COLORADO USA
Reviewed 31 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing