Dauphinee Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Clifty Cove Motel(Indian Harbour)
Big Lake Lodge(Big Lake)
View Hotel
All reviewsshore cluboverlooking the baysinkdancens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I were on our motorcycles and looking for a place to stay. It was a end of a long day. You were off the main road and so I stopped. There were no cars present and seemed very quiet. At first I was unsure if you were even open. I knocked and there was no answer. Started to leave and someone came from the basement area. The owner himself. said he was attempting the fix the ice machine. He said he was not officially open for the season, but offered us a room. I looked at what was available an knew right away I wanted to stay here. We were the only ones there and so it was extremely quiet. Overlooking the bay and the balcony with table and chairs. Ask if there was a place to get some food, he told me 10 miniute walk. So off I went and found a Canteen and got some Fish and Chips. I had a bottle of wine, and he went got and ice chest full of ice. This quaint little Inn is at the top of my list for places to stay, It was elegant. The next morning he even supplied us with a sm bkf of fruit and rolls. That was a plus. this was in June. We finished our journey and got home and the pics we took while were were there were great. I am so happy this was an accident to find this Inn. If you are ever in the mood for a great place to have supper or in the neighborhood Novia Scotia. Please consider this Inn for dinner or a stay over night. Thank you again for a great experience in your town and Province.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were beautiful with antique furniture in each.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara D
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We only got to stay here for one night but would stay again in a heartbeat. We also had to search for the place to check in but was not put off, by that experiance. We found the manager in the dining room where we later enjoyed a fabulous dinner, not fancy but very tasty. The room was clean and met out expectations. The view from the upper deck and bar area was fantastic. We stayed until the sun went down to take in every minute of the experiance. Would definently go back when in Nova Scotia.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wayne and Deann... S
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Our 3-night stay was very pleasant... cozy rooms, good food in dining room, wonderful location & views. However, we were surprised that a few things with, what we thought were, easy fixes diminished the enjoyment. Coffee was not available until 9 am! Apparently staff was not onsite until 8:30 .... hmmmm to easy to fix. We didn't expect a great deal for a Continental breakfast, and it was pleasant to see fruit and yogurt included, but both the quantity and the quality of the food offered needs improvement. No tea offerred ... odd. Also, although rooms were cleaned and "tidied" nicely daily, restocking of things like towels and glasses was skippy. Our suspicion was that the VERY young ladies who handled both the breakfast and the housekeeping were lacking in the experience and maturity it takes to take care of the important details associated with these functions. I would stay there again... great value for simple comfort. However, these details (which are usually "well duhhhh's" in the hospitality business) should have attention.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Likecomfort2
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Let me tell you about my stay at the Dauphinee inn.

We arrived tired from our long journey and entered the front door. Not a soul to be found. We shouted for a while but nothing. Eventually someone came up and rudely told us we had to go to the restaurant to check in. We were pointed to a hand scribbled sign on the side of the building. Downstairs at the restaurant we found less help. Staff were incredibly rude and snarky, didn't know where reservations were written down (not sure how this is possible). The paperwork I was told to fill out ( after a ten minute search for a pen), was full of information I'd already given and would not have been necessary with an ounce of organization.

We were finally led to our room. The room smelled of dampness. Our one window was covered in mould so bad we could barely see out. The other window in our room was directly onto the "bar" deck and thus we had people sitting in front of our window. The shutters on the window were covered in mould (which were on the inside of the room). We also had the pleasure of live music blaring directly into our room. The bathroom sink was covered in purple stuff ( possibly mould?).

I've stayed in bed and breakfasts all around the world and have never been treated so poorly, with such little respect and also paid so much. They think Just because they have a prime location they can forego basic customer care.

Do not stay here, B and B choice in hubbards is small, but get a cabin instead, trust me. I saw these reviews before I went and thought, how bad could it be? These are people who just aren't used to B and Bs. No, just don't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ben W
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We recently stayed at the Inn to attend a wedding in the area. The location of the Inn is so pretty sitting right on the cove, and it has a lovely deck overlooking the water. The room we stayed in was the Shankel and it was nicely appointed with period furnishings. Bed was high, but very comfy. It was a hot humid weekend, so we found it quite warm for sleeping, even with the windows open. The staff was friendly and helpful in helping to get us settled and answering our questions about the area. We have stayed in B & B's many times and have learned what to expect, as they are fairly expensive to stay in. Upon arrival, there was noone at the Inn entrance or front desk to greet visitors and we had to roam thru the Inn to find them, which we found a bit off putting. Also the breakfast the next morning was serve yourself and only consisted of cold cereal, yougert, coffee, juice or English muffins. However overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends