Beginning of May we stayed for one week at dolphin beach resort – and absolutely loved it. It is a beautiful resort located right at the beach. The resort is perfect for kiters that like to avoid crowded spots. You can kite directly in front of the hotel – there is a small beach break although the sea was a bit choppy in May. Not a spot for complete beginners, but intermediate kiters can already have a lot of fun. We also had a transfer arranged that took us up to the Kalpitiya lagoon which is approximately 30-40 min away. Kalpitiya is great spot for freestyle and also complete beginners as the water is completely flat. Off the Lagoon you can also kite in the ocean – the lagoon and the ocean are approx. 50m apart. We also saw a few kiters far out off the coast (5-10km) were there is supposedly a reef and big waves, however no infrastructure or safety / security in place to take you out or to rescue you from there (expert kiters only).
The resort is not only a perfect place for kiters, but also for people just wanting to relax and chill out.
The service was excellent and the food was always fresh and delicious. The luxury tents as well as the pool were always perfectly clean. We had a great time and we want to come back as soon as possible! The owner Dean is very kind, friendly and a perfect host who is always around – was a pleasure meeting him! We recommend to anyone who wants to kite surf, chill-out and enjoy quality service and good food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Sri Lanka, just two hours from the airport and three hours north of Colombo, is an unspoilt peninsula of golden sand. Here lies a blissfully secluded resort with luxury tented accommodation on Alankuda beach. The bluest of skies melts seamlessly into the azure of the Indian Ocean to make a picture-perfect backdrop to a unique, tailor-made tropical holiday experience. Welcome to Dolphin Beach Resort Kalpitiya! This new concept of stylish, eco-beach accommodation is for the discerning traveller in search of an unforgettable holiday. Spacious and comfortable, our air conditioned tents present a world of romance with a unique ambience and view of the sea. Experience the thrill of sea safaris to the nearby Bar Reef for the best Sri Lanka has to offer in snorkeling and be entertained by the dolphins and whales on your way. April to November offers one of the best places in the world for kite surfing. Enjoy the tranquil ocean with the most beautiful coral gardens of Sri Lanka. Or just work hard on your tan. The sunsets at Dolphin Beach are of the spectacular kind and a perfect end to idyllic days, every day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Dolphin Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin Beach Hotel Kalpitiya
- Dolphin Beach Resort Sri Lanka/Kalpitiya