Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Helle B
An Undiscovered Pearl
Review of Ruuk Village
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Nov 2015
This is where U go if you want a taste of the authentic Sri Lanka. It's drop dead beautiful and far from the touristy crowded places. I went in April - outside of the surfing season - so it was very quiet. And that was just what I needed. I love the eco-oriented way of thinking and the way the village is made with nature and Sri Lanka in mind. The staff is super cool, helpful and service minded but with a very easygoing atmosphere. Also the dining area makes it very easy to meet new friends and/or travel companions. AND the food is amazing!!!!
However the wildlife of Sri Lanka is very present, so if you're not that outdoorsy, and if you expect the luxury of a 5 star hotel, this is not for you. It's very down to earth and will give you a genuine experience of Sri Lanka.
No doubt that this gorgeous lagoon will be spraypainted with tacky hotels within the next 20 years. So go now!
Date of stay: April 2015
    £191
8.5 miles from Ruuk Village
Pool
View more hotels in Kalpitiya
All reviews sri lanka natural materials staff was very friendly and helpful calm place fresh food recommend this place kitesurfing nature lagoon huts cooks
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2015

its beautiful location and made it well nice place to relaxing
very good stuff and service and nice accommodation with food
nice nice .out side sundown very beautiful some need living alone this is the place

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

As the president of the one and only classic scooter club in Sri Lanka with great pride I share my experience on behalf of all of us at Ceylon Scooter Club about the amazing time we spent at this little heaven on earth place . The food is very traditional and brings you back to your roots and gives reminds you of what Sri Lankan beach has to offer at its best as well as the whole syrrounding ,I tell you the sunsets and the beach along with the lagoon is out of this world the view . The crew was super helpful and they gave me the opportunity to try out live Oysters (I different and a natural version I can't really remember the name ) with first hand experience of finding them which I will cherish and remember . The cabanas were spot on with the exterior of the location making you feel right at home and giving that island favour a bit more and I really enjoyed watching the sunset from the hammocks, such a feast I tell you . These words were truly from my experience and I would highly recommend anyone who is looking for a new adventure and for some amazing sights to be seen to visit Ruuk Village ,good work guys Roshan and the team ,big love to Jusse for the amazing companionship !

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Very nice and cool village. The cabanas are clean and comfy, the staff is friendly and will make sure you get everything you need ( espacially Gamagee, the manager). The concept of the hotel is perfect: calm and chilling atmosphere on a very nice spot. The meals are simple yet tasty, and healthy. The kite conditions were perfect, and the tomi and daniel, the instructors, are really nice. Stayed there five days.

We definitely recommend this place.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2015

The accommodation is simple; hand built cabanas, hammocks dotted around the property, lanterns to light your way around at night and a generator for power.

The staff were all fantastic, a special mention to Gamage, Samita and Gian who were brilliant. They were there to help us with any of our requests and the food the team pulled together for our meals was absolutely delicious.

The kitesurfing is second to none, Dan the instructor there was great, a talented and knowledgeable kite surfer and the available equipment was in good condition.

I would recommend this to anyone looking to escape the city life for a great getaway, especially for kite surfers.

Room tip: If you are planning to rent kite surfing gear book in advance as it is in high demand!
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2015

I was lucky to stay at Ruuk Village for some weeks as a Yoga teacher for the guests. They offer free Yoga lessons in the morning and evening, however the guests feel like. It's a very peaceful spot in the middle of palmtrees, close to the water. The few cozy little huts and the single dining table give it a very familiar touch. I spent a lot of time with the staff during the day and they're all very friendly, smiling, helpful and interested to make the guests happy. I often did the shopping with them, so I can tell that the food is always fresh from the local market or fishermen. They prepare it in a typical sri lankan style, with several small dishes to choose from. You're the perfect person for Ruuk Village if you like a cozy, rustic, romantic and familiar athmosphere, if you love to stay close to the nature (outside shower under the starsky), if you keep an eye on sustainability and want to support profound concepts!! For sport freaks they provide a boat shuttle to the perfect Kite spot, a beach volley court, a slackline, yoga spot under palm trees, ... I had a wonderful time there and gonna be back for sure!

Date of stay: June 2015