Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Allocentric Traveller
Canton of Lucerne, Switzerland

Best hospitality service in years

Review of Ruuk Village
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Aug 2019via mobile
Continuous smiles, exceeding expectations, and a genuine appreciation for guests is how I experienced Ruuk Village. The location, gardens, and wildlife are gorgeous. Then add a hammock and a king coconut drink to the mix...perfection. I enjoyed getting to know the team; Abdul, Veejay, Shehan, Rani and Ruchira (and the younger guys who support).
All our wishes were granted and at times I felt like a part of their community-at home. Outstanding for kitesurfing. Wow...kitesurfing the lagoon after the healthy breakfast minutes from the cabana; epic. The best part was that Ruuk Village really is eco-conscious. The Tourism sector and Sri Lanka need more Ruuk Villages. Big kudos to the founders, Roshan and Thileeban. I HIGHLY recommend Ruuk Village.
Date of stay: August 2019
8.1 miles from Ruuk Village
    £67
17.0 miles from Ruuk Village
View more hotels in Kalpitiya
All reviews sri lanka natural materials staff was very friendly and helpful calm place fresh food recommend this place kitesurfing nature lagoon huts cooks
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2019

Ruuk village is a great very chilled and calm place. The Ruuk team is very welcoming, especially Abdul was very actively communicating with us! We enjoyed our stay in the village. However take into account that if you come here not for kiting there are not much activities to do in the village.
The accommodation (cabana) was really nice and basic, especially we enjoyed the open air shower :)

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 17 July 2019

I loved everything about the space, the open lounge area, cosy rustic cabanas, the open roof bathrooms for showers under the open skies/stars and comfortable beds. I had the best nights sleep here in pin drop silence - a rarity for me in the city! An amazing space to reset & rejuvenate with lots of options for fun activities and a great place to learn to kite surf.
The food was amazing and I felt really taken care of by Roshan and the Ruuk Village the team. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and I felt right home here.
I would definitely go back and recommend it anytime.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2019

I just stayed for 2 nights, but still it was a wonderful time. Delicious local food, clean and comfortable cabana and really caring and obliging staff (special shout-out to Abdul)!
The village itself has a great location for different kinds of activities and is full of elaborate details. I would definitely come back and recommend it anytime.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 4 May 2019

We stayed about a week with 3 children and it was the most beautyful place in Sri Lanka. Relaxed, and laid back with Yoga classes in the morning, delicious food, the cabins are simple and clean and the staff is most friendly, we were very welcomed.
The trips - Safari - were good organised and over all we have to say we will be back,
Despite the latest attacks! Our boys want to go back too.

Room tip: Room with a bathroom is a must, since the cabins have wonderful outdoor bathrooms
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2019 via mobile

I chose this place because I wanted to be away from a generic hotel and immerse more into the real Sri Lanka. I'm so pleased I did. I booked and dealt with Roshan and he couldn't have been more helpful. We were picked up from our Colombo location, everything was ready and we were fully welcomed by the team at the village. We are very relaxed travellers and I have read some of the more negative reviews and feel sad. The team here can not do more to help. If you want air conditioning and fans then don't come here (although fans are available). We had a lovely large ensuite cabana. It's amazing how quickly you can become native. Such a joy to shower and have outdoor shower. Our boys used our bathroom since their cabana had no bathroom.
As I said and my husband separately 'this is like a 5 star experience without all the crap that goes with 5 star hotels'. If you are one of life's 'takers' then don't come either. If you want to be part of the team here and enjoy their company as well as their incredible hospitality then come. We didn't kite surf die to the time of year. We relaxed, did yoga went to the Indian Ocean beach, dolphin watching and wilipattu and ate delicious meals. What more can you ask for. Just leave western crap behind you.

Date of stay: April 2019