“An Oasis of Calm”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“An Oasis of Calm”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I was tipped off about Cherry Tree Lodge by friends who were getting married in a nearby farm. Not only was the accommodation perfectly located for us in terms of the wedding but it was just delightful - it was a wonderfully calm and relaxing place, a home from home which was clean, well-kitted out and where we were able to enjoy a very welcome home-cooked breakfast the next day. The only problem was that we couldn't stay longer. Cherry Tree Lodge has been firmly noted in my list of places to stay if ever in the area again; in fact, it may, itself, be a reason to re-visit Saline. To anyone looking for a peaceful retreat with a gorgeous situation and lovely hosts, whatever your motivation, I would thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Twin Room certainly large enough so as not to be in each other's space.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I booked Cherry Tree Lodge for my parents who were visiting me from England, and I am so very glad that I did. I collected my them from the guest house for a day trip around Fife and St Andrews which is not far at all. The location is perfect for people that want peace and tranquility, and the view from the conservatory right across to Ben Lomond in the west is stunning. The house itself is furnished and decorated to a very high quality, and my parents really enoyed their two night stay there. Mark and Till were the perfect hosts, I can't speak highly enough of their kindness and hospitality. After returning from the day trip my parents, my daughter and I all relaxed in the conservatory with tea and coffee, and some of Mark's home made brownies (to die for!). I booked an evening meal for my parents, and Mark offered that my daughter and I could join them, and gave us the option of dining privately, or with Mark, Till and another guest. We chose the latter and enjoyed a surperb meal and great company. I would whole heartedly recommend a stay Cherry Tree Lodge, it's a tonic for the soul.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the Cherry tree. the guys are very friendly and made me feel very much at home. the place is immaculately clean, uncluttered, peaceful and calm.
I enjoyed an amazing massage from Mark's excellent hands which was the highlight of my stay and i very much hope to get the opportunity to stay again soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms i saw were lovely.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeremy S
Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Cherry Tree Lodge is in an idyllic location yet easily accessible from the motorway network. As soon as you turn into the farm track thst leads to the Lodge you are entering another world of peace and tranquility.

The hosts are very welcoming and you are greeted with tea and an array of home made cakes. In terms of food, that is just a little forerunner of what follows. The home cooking is excellent using produce grown in the garden or nearby farms.

Inside the Lodge is bright and spacious, with tasteful artwork, candles, open fires and above all stunning views from almost every window.

If you are looking for a break away from it all with friendly hosts and good home cooking, this is the place!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saline
Premier Inn Dunfermline Hotel
#1 of 25 in Dunfermline
Clarke Cottage Guest House
Clarke Cottage Guest House
#10 of 25 in Dunfermline

Been to Cherry Tree Lodge? Share your experiences!